Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM  
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $6233
VARSITY
2nd Child of Pa. Couple Dies After Only Praying instead of Medicine

A Philadelphia couple — serving 10 years' probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor — has violated their probation now that another of their children has died.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith-healing.

Philadelphia Judge Benjamin Lerner said at a hearing they violated the most important condition of their probation: to seek medical care for their remaining children.

Authorities have yet to file criminal charges in the death of the 8-month-old boy last week, after he suffered with diarrhea and breathing problems for days. But charges could be filed once authorities pinpoint how the baby died.

The couple is on probation after a jury convicted them of involuntary manslaughter in 2010 in the death of their 2-year-old son, Kent, from pneumonia.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/2...7#.UXfF-qI3vfI
Posts: 24,118
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #31
loochy loochy is offline
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $6221
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
slowly
i prefer quickly. the longer it is drawn out the higher the chances of escape.
__________________
Please note that any racist, sexist, or otherwise outrageous opinions expressed in this post have been made for comedic or trolling purposes only and are not the actual opinions of loochy or any affiliated entities. Reader discretion is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 18,276
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #32
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmith View Post
There is a teenage girl in our church who has scoliosis. One day I saw that she was in wheelchair on Sunday. It turned out that she was exercising and injured her spine. She was prayed for by the speaker (who has a ministry in Peru). Next week she was walking fine. Her illness with scoliosis still remains but at least she is off the wheelchair. That just saved their family a huge load of medical cost since her mother is the sole breadwinner. It happened about two months ago.
So someone got hurt, and then a week later the person was better? And you attribute this to prayer?
Posts: 17,888
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #33
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $6233
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmith View Post
There is a teenage girl in our church who has scoliosis. One day I saw that she was in wheelchair on Sunday. It turned out that she was exercising and injured her spine. She was prayed for by the speaker (who has a ministry in Peru). Next week she was walking fine. Her illness with scoliosis still remains but at least she is off the wheelchair. That just saved their family a huge load of medical cost since her mother is the sole breadwinner. It happened about two months ago.

Our pastor at the age of 65 was diagnosed with colon caner third stage. The doctor opened him up and took away a third of the intestines. Then the pastor had to go thru three grueling chemo therapy. The whole church fasted and prayed for him. He has recovered since and there is no recurrence of cancer. He is still serving in our church. He is now 78. Why didn't God heal him right off? Why God allowed him to go thru those chemo? I don't know. But I do know that because of our pastor's illness, the whole church pulled itself together.
Why didn't he cure her all the way? God only had time to fix the part that would heal by itself? Busy day?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 24,118
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #34
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
Why didn't he cure her all the way? God only had time to fix the part that would heal by itself? Busy day?
Geez--wouldn't you think that this healing preacher would simply set up a chair, have a seat, and spend the day healing crippled children if he had the ability, through god, to do so? Guess he has other things to do.
Posts: 17,888
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #35
FishingRod FishingRod is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Casino cash: $5250
[quote=FishingRod;9620286][quote=Msmith;9619805]
QUOTE]


I realize you will be opening yourself up to lengthy explanations of why this is not the case, that God doesn’t exist and so forth but,QUOTE]

Told ya. But thanks for the answer.
Posts: 3,192
FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $5312
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
So someone got hurt, and then a week later the person was better? And you attribute this to prayer?


Last year, there was a guy I knew that attempted to murder his GF in Florida and left her in a coma. When she awoke, they caught him. I visited the paper's website there and it had a facebook reply section. Nearly every reply was "Thank God she awoke, and/or Thank God they got the guy." Now, I don't like disparaging someone for expressing their positive sentiments, but I couldn't help but notice that nobody was thanking the doctors and/or police in their replies.
Posts: 4,790
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #37
Msmith Msmith is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Casino cash: $5025
[quote=FishingRod;9620973][quote=FishingRod;9620286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmith View Post
QUOTE]


I realize you will be opening yourself up to lengthy explanations of why this is not the case, that God doesn’t exist and so forth but,QUOTE]

Told ya. But thanks for the answer.
Since you asked, so I answered to my best ability. Regarding other people's comments, *shrug*
Posts: 803
Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.Msmith is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #38
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $6233
VARSITY
[quote=FishingRod;9620973][quote=FishingRod;9620286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmith View Post
QUOTE]


I realize you will be opening yourself up to lengthy explanations of why this is not the case, that God doesn’t exist and so forth but,QUOTE]

Told ya. But thanks for the answer.
Says the guy that can't even quote a post
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 24,118
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.