Home Mail Chat Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2018, 05:37 PM  
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucsPatsNoles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Obama:My Netflix Projects Will Help ‘Train the Next Generation of Leaders

and Heal Our Political Divide

Yeah right, he's going to be the nation's pastoral community organizer.

Susan Rice was also hired by Netflix and I also read there is going to be a push to remove conservative programming. I forget where I read that but it wasn't here. So think with this claim, Susan Rice and now the Obamas, what do ya' get? Soft propaganda since the alternative views will be cut.

This is all soft sounding code language that softens that it's really about his political agenda and we know that what that is.
Speaking at a Las Vegas tech conference hosted by cybersecurity company Okta, Obama waxed poetic about the “stories” Americans have to tell and said he wants to use his multi-year contract with Netflix to help “train the next generation of leaders.” [Code: Indoctrinate them]

Barack Obama said he relied on “stories” to fuel his political career. “Everyone has a story that is pretty sacred” about their life, Obama said. Listening to people’s stories is what helped him better serve, he explained....
[I remember the ones in Dreams of My Father where we find out he really is a Marxist.]

Obama said he wants to produce stories “we think are important, and lift up and identify talent, that can amplify the connections between all of us. I continue to believe that if we are hearing each other’s stories and recognizing ourselves in each other, then our democracy works.” [ Democracy is the road to socialism.]

“We are all human. I know this sounds trite, and yet, right now globally [ ugh!] we have competing narratives,” Obama said. [What's wrong with competing narratives? So he's pushing one global community. Yuck!]

The ex-president also warned against “tribalism,” saying that when people feel threatened, “We go tribal. We go ethnic. We pull in, we push away.”
[What is wrong with different cultures? That makes the world more interesting. So everyone has to be the same, think the same, act the same.]

He concluded saying he wants to use Netflix to help “set up institutions based on rule of law and a sense of principals and the dignity and worth of every individual.” [Whose law though?]

Finally, after noting there is still a “clash” in the country, Obama told the crowd what he hopes his new work will do. [ I doubt it will do what he wants since he divided the country too.]

“I’m putting my money on the latter way,” Obama said. “That’s what we hope to be a voice to, through Netflix and through my foundation, where we’re identifying and training the next generation of leaders here in the United States and around the world. So they can start sharing their stories and cooperating.” [ Why does an American want to develop leaders around the world? I thought these were to be American stories to heal the political divide. Shouldn't he mind his own business in other parts of the world?]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/05/24/obama-wants-netflix-projects-to-ease-americas-political-divide/
It all sounds to sensitive and good but we know the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Posts: 105,374
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:57 PM   #31
-King- -King- is online now
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $35843
This thread . What a bunch of pussies.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 48,683
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:58 PM   #32
-King- -King- is online now
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $35843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
Interesting. The best leaders I’ve known wouldn’t consider themselves a leader, let alone stating that they believe they can train a generation of leaders. Shitty leaders think they are leaders. Good leaders will always credit those who helped helped them along the way.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 48,683
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:13 AM   #33
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $30624
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
This thread . What a bunch of pussies.
Posted via Mobile Device



I don't know that this particular happening is worth ditching Netflix if people have it, but the reality is that the entertainment and tech industries are doing everything they can to eliminate the political right. It makes sense to stop patronizing left leaning companies when they show hostility to those on the right, and to either find companies that are friendly to the right or to build those companies and keep the leftists out.

No outrage or whining necessary. That's just common sense.
Posts: 26,468
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:01 AM   #34
Randallflagg Randallflagg is offline
Veteran
 
Randallflagg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Olathe
Casino cash: $7256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post



I don't know that this particular happening is worth ditching Netflix if people have it, but the reality is that the entertainment and tech industries are doing everything they can to eliminate the political right. It makes sense to stop patronizing left leaning companies when they show hostility to those on the right, and to either find companies that are friendly to the right or to build those companies and keep the leftists out.

No outrage or whining necessary. That's just common sense.
I'm not getting rid of Netflix - At least at this point. However, I AM beginning to see an uptick in this "SJW" bullshit on their programming.

"Dear White People" "The Rachel Divide" and now this Obama bullshit - but that's the beauty of it. I just ignore it.
Posts: 3,514
Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.Randallflagg is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:53 AM   #35
LOCOChief LOCOChief is offline
True Chiefs Fan
 
LOCOChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bull Bay
Casino cash: $5891
Not watching Obama's = easy as hell.

Not watching Sons, Better Call Saul, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Ozark = impossible.
Posts: 4,471
LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.LOCOChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #36
GloryDayz GloryDayz is online now
45, 46, 47....
 
GloryDayz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FEMA-Free Zone
Casino cash: $85480
Maybe Net Neutrality can find a way to help make Netflix's content to expensive for kids to afford thus sparing their minds from Barry's hateful teachings.
__________________
.
#F***EricBerry
#BEPdefendsLyingWhores
#FFFFFFFF
#ServeAtThePleasureOfThePresident
#WitchHunt
#ObamaEraSurvivor
#InTrumpWeTrust
#AbolishTheFBI
#MeToo
#HeToo
#Doorknobs
#BotsMan...BOTS
Posts: 72,016
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #37
Mizzou_8541 Mizzou_8541 is offline
Supporter
 
Mizzou_8541's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
I don’t get it. Why is the bolded part funny? That sentence was just an observation.
Posts: 3,874
Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mizzou_8541 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #38
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Reports of recent LGBT films not hitting their marks economically too. They don't sell as well. Now what percentage of the market are these folks?

http://www.indiewire.com/2013/08/que...anymore-35858/
Apparently a growing one:



I'm not sure that justifies the overwhelming amount of gay sex and gay story lines on TV these days though. I don't watch a lot of different shows, but just about every one I watch has at least one gay story line these days.
__________________


“Boy, you all want power. God, I hope you never get it.” - Lindsay Graham
Posts: 97,272
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #39
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: KC North
Casino cash: $230000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
and Heal Our Political Divide

Yeah right, he's going to be the nation's pastoral community organizer.

Susan Rice was also hired by Netflix and I also read there is going to be a push to remove conservative programming. I forget where I read that but it wasn't here. So think with this claim, Susan Rice and now the Obamas, what do ya' get? Soft propaganda since the alternative views will be cut.

This is all soft sounding code language that softens that it's really about his political agenda and we know that what that is.
Speaking at a Las Vegas tech conference hosted by cybersecurity company Okta, Obama waxed poetic about the “stories” Americans have to tell and said he wants to use his multi-year contract with Netflix to help “train the next generation of leaders.” [Code: Indoctrinate them]

Barack Obama said he relied on “stories” to fuel his political career. “Everyone has a story that is pretty sacred” about their life, Obama said. Listening to people’s stories is what helped him better serve, he explained....
[I remember the ones in Dreams of My Father where we find out he really is a Marxist.]

Obama said he wants to produce stories “we think are important, and lift up and identify talent, that can amplify the connections between all of us. I continue to believe that if we are hearing each other’s stories and recognizing ourselves in each other, then our democracy works.” [ Democracy is the road to socialism.]

“We are all human. I know this sounds trite, and yet, right now globally [ ugh!] we have competing narratives,” Obama said. [What's wrong with competing narratives? So he's pushing one global community. Yuck!]

The ex-president also warned against “tribalism,” saying that when people feel threatened, “We go tribal. We go ethnic. We pull in, we push away.”
[What is wrong with different cultures? That makes the world more interesting. So everyone has to be the same, think the same, act the same.]

He concluded saying he wants to use Netflix to help “set up institutions based on rule of law and a sense of principals and the dignity and worth of every individual.” [Whose law though?]

Finally, after noting there is still a “clash” in the country, Obama told the crowd what he hopes his new work will do. [ I doubt it will do what he wants since he divided the country too.]

“I’m putting my money on the latter way,” Obama said. “That’s what we hope to be a voice to, through Netflix and through my foundation, where we’re identifying and training the next generation of leaders here in the United States and around the world. So they can start sharing their stories and cooperating.” [ Why does an American want to develop leaders around the world? I thought these were to be American stories to heal the political divide. Shouldn't he mind his own business in other parts of the world?]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/05/24/obama-wants-netflix-projects-to-ease-americas-political-divide/
It all sounds to sensitive and good but we know the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Posts: 71,114
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #40
Rudy tossed tigger's salad Rudy tossed tigger's salad is offline
Better than Nelson
 
Rudy tossed tigger's salad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Casino cash: $500
Hero
Posts: 16,593
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #41
lawrenceRaider lawrenceRaider is online now
Chucky is Killiing me
 
lawrenceRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Location: Wichita, KS
Casino cash: $13644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
I'm not getting rid of Netflix - At least at this point. However, I AM beginning to see an uptick in this "SJW" bullshit on their programming.

"Dear White People" "The Rachel Divide" and now this Obama bullshit - but that's the beauty of it. I just ignore it.
I'm not bothered at all. If the numbers aren't there for Netflix, they won't keep doing it. If the numbers are there, it gives them more money to make some pretty damn fantastic programing. I'm good with SJW types helping to pay for great programing even if it comes with some bullshit only the SJW types will ever watch. It's not like this crap will be changing anyone's mind about anything.
__________________
Posts: 2,885
lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.lawrenceRaider must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:32 PM   #42
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucsPatsNoles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Here's that statement I referred to earlier, where Comrade Obama said he could make hundreds, thousands or a million of Mini-Me's of himself.
Obama hopes to create 'a million young Barack Obamas or Michelle Obamas'
(AKA people who are ashamed of the America we've known per Michelle)
By Clare Foran

(CNN)Former President Barack Obama says he aspires to create "a million young Barack Obamas or Michelle Obamas" who will pick up the baton in what he describes as the "relay race that is human progress." [ transformation of America into a socialist state based on the China-model which has state capitalism. IOWs he hates America as a free country with a free economy. That's what he means by "progress."]

At a conference in Japan on Sunday, the former president spoke about how he hopes the Obama Foundation, a nonprofit formed in January 2014, will help achieve his post-presidential aims. [ BTW Obama's Fdn is being set-up the same way the Clinton Fdn was, which is a discomforting sign. ]

"After I left office, what I realized is that the Obama Foundation could potentially create a platform for young, up-and-coming leaders, both in the United States and all around the world to come together, meet together, create a digital platform where they could exchange information," Obama said.

"If I could do that effectively, then I would create a hundred, or a thousand, or a million young Barack Obamas or Michelle Obamas," he added.

Obama's remarks were previously reported by other media outlets, including The Guardian and The Washington Examiner. The former President has been on an Asia-Pacific trip that also included stops in Singapore, New Zealand and Australia.

"The single most important thing I can do is to help develop the next generation," he said Sunday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/polit...mas/index.html

SIGH!

Looks like Netflix is going to help him create part of his digitgal platform to pull this off. Slip, the agenda into entertainment, which Hollywood has already been doing.
__________________
Posts: 105,374
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:33 PM   #43
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucsPatsNoles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I'm not bothered at all. If the numbers aren't there for Netflix, they won't keep doing it. If the numbers are there, it gives them more money to make some pretty damn fantastic programing.

Which programming will continue to be left-wing/socialist.
__________________
Posts: 105,374
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:33 PM   #44
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucsPatsNoles
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad View Post
Hero
Commie.
__________________
Posts: 105,374
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:42 PM   #45
Carr4MVP Carr4MVP is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Casino cash: $500
What does Obama know about being a leader?

He divided the country.
Posts: 1,726
Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.