ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I guess at this point, it all comes down to Branden Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271685)

FRCDFED 04-02-2013 01:28 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if some of this is posturing to get Albert to sign a more team friendly deal. I guess we'll see how much Albert really wants to remain a Chief.

penbrook 04-02-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9549744)
It wouldn't surprise me if some of this is posturing to get Albert to sign a more team friendly deal. I guess we'll see how much Albert really wants to remain a Chief.

Signing Albert long term would free up about 3 mil in cap space which that money will be used towards draft picks.

DTLB58 04-02-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9548638)
At this point, I think this is the best we can hope for.

Trade Albert for a 2nd. Trade back from 1.1 for another 2nd. Take Fisher or Joeckel and see if they can do anything exciting with those two 2nds.

The only caveat I'd throw in that senario is that if you feel Jordan or Ziggy is the going to become an elite pass rusher, I'd be okay with going that route in round 1 and figuring out LT in another way. Say 2nd? I mean is there some law that says you have to draft your LT in the first only? Again that's only if you feel you have an elite pass rusher staring you in the face.

Pass rusher I think is almost as big as a need given that you can never have enough, we only have 2, and one will be 30 this next season.

:clap:

@MoveTheSticks: 2nd round is going to be outstanding in this draft! Immediate starters at WR, CB, LB, DT and TE...

NJChiefsFan 04-02-2013 01:37 PM

This was part of the anger about trading for Alex. We have all been drooling about what we were going to have a chance to get at #34. If we collect picks, I wouldn't be looking to trade back into the first. I don't see many scenarios where the guy at #22 is better than the two guys we would get at #39 and #46 or something like that.

Sorter 04-02-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9549735)
I don't know if pointing out how weak he was in the NFCCG is really splitting hairs. Or pointing out that his team was stacked as hell. Alex played better in the Saints game than I thought he could. I do know that most of his play outside of that game leads me to think he isn't taking this team anywhere special, but he is a lot better than Cassel IMO. Thing is that isn't the goal. We shall see.

As TBG pointed out earlier, Reid isn't going to coddle Alex. At the very least we should see Alex's feet held to the fire.

I hate this argument.

Cassel was historically bad. Drew Stanton would have been an upgrade.

NJChiefsFan 04-02-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9549768)
I hate this argument.

Hence the next sentence.

RealSNR 04-02-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9548800)
That is your opinion but not fact. Others will believe that Joeckel will do more than good his rookie year. He is a very polished prospect.

As soon as Direckshun's bitch ass buckles down and comes up with some suitable terms for my bet with him, we'll have to see.

I happen to believe he's not nearly as polished as people think. He's just more of the same in a draft that has no elite prospects at any position.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9549768)
I hate this argument.

Well, Smith is better.

Of course, that doesn't mean SB appearances.

It should mean they will be a lot more competitive.

Chief Faithful 04-02-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9549776)
I happen to believe he's not nearly as polished as people think. He's just more of the same in a draft that has no elite prospects at any position.

Your not alone. I'm don't see Joeckel in the same class with other tackles taken first pick in the draft (Jake Long, Orlando Pace, Ron Yary). He may be the right pick for 1.1, but I don't believe he is as ready as the pundits are claiming. The last time a quality OT prospect from Texas A&M did well in the NFL was Rex Tucker in 1999. Next best was Corey Clark in 2008. How much is Joeckel a product of Johnny Manziel?

FRCDFED 04-02-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 9549845)
Your not alone. I'm don't see Joeckel in the same class with other tackles taken first pick in the draft (Jake Long, Orlando Pace, Ron Yary). He may be the right pick for 1.1, but I don't believe he is as ready as the pundits are claiming. The last time a quality OT prospect from Texas A&M did well in the NFL was Rex Tucker in 1999. Next best was Corey Clark in 2008. How much is Joeckel a product of Johnny Manziel?

Or visa versa