ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Playoff and Draft Pick Odds, 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264296)

007 12-23-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9236737)
Denver is NOT going to sit Manning regardless of what happens with New England.

The stats don't lie, momentum is important going into the playoffs. Teams that rest starters end up losing.

Manning can attest to that with the colts too.

The Bad Guy 12-23-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9236732)
Wanna bet?

Show me a link where it says it's going to flex any game that has meaning to 4.

Because there's actually 2 more games that have meaning Eagles/Giants, and Bears/Lions.

What would be the point of flexing 7 games into a 4 o'clock slot? The ratings surely won't improve that much from a 1-4.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-23-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9236743)

Because there's actually 2 more games that have meaning Eagles/Giants, and Bears/Lions.

What would be the point of flexing 7 games into a 4 o'clock slot? The ratings surely won't improve that much from a 1-4.

It happens every year. It will come out tonight don't need to link it.

007 12-23-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9236743)

Who cares. Just flex NE to 4pm to eliminate any possibility of Denver sitting starters.

-King- 12-23-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9236723)
That's stupid. Sorry.

How is it stupid? Not wanting the Broncos to have an easy road to the superbowl is not stupid. If it means picking 34th instead of 33rd in the second round... so be it.

If picking 1 spot back for 3 rounds means that the Broncos have to go through either New England or Houston to get to the Superbowl, then I'm down for it.

Bewbies 12-23-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9236748)
Who cares. Just flex NE to 4pm to eliminate any possibility of Denver sitting starters.

:bravo:

Bewbies 12-23-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9236755)
How is it stupid? Not wanting the Broncos to have an easy road to the superbowl is not stupid. If it means picking 34th instead of 33rd in the second round... so be it.

If picking 1 spot back for 3 rounds means that the Broncos have to go through either New England or Houston to get to the Superbowl, then I'm down for it.

Picking #1 overall is what we want.

htismaqe 12-23-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9236755)

Yeah that's stupid.

AussieChiefsFan 12-23-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9236703)
So will Denver sit Manning?

If the Colts beat the Texans they will play to win for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9236760)

And thats what we'll get. Wanting to beat the donks is only if the Jags win first

BossChief 12-23-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9236735)
Sure is.

It's more of the immediate future as opposed to the long term success.

No Chief fan should be rooting for Kansas City next week.

Control your own destiny with the pick and get the ****ing guy you want.

Exactly. If Jacksonville bests Tennessee (actually possible) and we lose to Denver, we get the first pick each of the three days of the draft. That's a big advantage to be able to rearrange your board and get the guy you want and not have to go to plan b...especially in a draft that is very deep in a few positions of need for us (qb, DL, etc)

Having that first pick in the second, third and fourth rounds is gonna give us a sizable advantage.

I couldn't care any less where Denver plays their playoff games.

Bewbies 12-23-2012 06:30 PM

Who gives a shit about Denver this year? Who gives a shit about the entire NFL this year?

The 2012 season is all about the future for KC, nothing to gain in the present.

-King- 12-23-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9236735)
Sure is.

It's more of the immediate future as opposed to the long term success.

No Chief fan should be rooting for Kansas City next week.

Control your own destiny with the pick and get the ****ing guy you want.

The only downside to us winning next week is we have to alternate the first pick in the 2nd, 4th, and 6th round with the Jags. Having to move back 1 spot for 3 picks is a small price to pay if it means that the Broncos won't get to stay at home throughout the playoffs.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-23-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9236773)
The only downside to us winning next week is we have to alternate the first pick in the 2nd, 4th, and 6th round with the Jags. Having to move back 1 spot for 3 picks is a small price to pay if it means that the Broncos won't get to stay at home throughout the playoffs.

The Jags would get the First pick in every round.

-King- 12-23-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9236760)

We're picking #1 overall regardless in this scenario. The only thing that changes if we win is that we'll switch picks with the Jags for the 2nd, 4th, and 6th round.

-King- 12-23-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9236778)
The Jags would get the First pick in round 1.

:facepalm: Can you read the 1st post I quoted? This is all assuming the Jags win next week.