ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft NFL combine QB recap: Tyler Bray rises, Geno Smith holds steady (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270395)

The Franchise 02-25-2013 06:15 PM

Mayock made all of those comments about Geno and then said he'd only watched 6 of his games.

Clyde Frog 02-25-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9437540)
Someone needs to tweet Andrew Lucks numbers from last years combine to him...and Cam Newtons from the year before when he "destroyed the combine"

What the **** is wrong with he media?

Do they just not want a stud quarterback in Kansas City?

Cam 40 = 4.59 High = 39" Broad = 136"

Luck 40 = 4.67 High = 36" Broad = 134"

Geno 40 = 4.59 High = 33.5 Broad = 134"

I dont have a twitter account

The Franchise 02-25-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock was asked for his thoughts on QB Geno Smith’s performance at the NFL Combine. Mayock liked the fact that he participated in all the throwing drills and felt he put his physical skills on display, but in the end it comes down to game tape and Mayock, like he does with all the QBs in this draft class, has questions.

“I saw everything that I saw on tape about Geno, and that is he flashed everything you want to see in a franchise quarterback on tape during the season,” said Mayock. ”He has a big arm, good arm, he moves well, he can be accurate. Everything I saw on tape I saw here. He’s a natural thrower; he doesn’t force the ball. What I go back to is I don’t care as much about this – I’m happy he did this because it just shows me he’s not afraid; Cam Newton did it and he didn’t throw the ball well and he still was the first pick in the draft. To me, it’s more important what you see on tape.

“I want to bang the table because I want to like Geno Smith. We interviewed him, I love what he had to say, but there are just too many inconsistencies on tape for me to say that Kansas City or anybody that high should take him. He’s more of a 20-32 [overall pick player]; I’ve said that based on watching six of his games. I’m going to watch the rest of them, but there are just so many inconsistencies with both Geno Smith and the entire quarterback class that I trouble banging the table for any of them.”

Smith did have one of the better throwing performances at the Combine Sunday. He clearly had the liveliest arm of the group and threw a good deep ball. He also showed his athleticism with the fastest 40 time (4.59) and highest vertical leap among the QBs.
**** you, Mayock.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9437556)
That article may as well written its conclusions before the combine.

"Geno Smith proved to be faster than everyone else and made all the throws....but did nothing to separate himself". Just exactly WTF else did you want him to do?

And any combine article that says that Tyler Wilson was anything other than complete crap isn't worth the bandwidth it took to post it. That's a litmus test takeaway from all of yesterday's reports: Did this person know enough about what he was watching to realize that Tyler Wilson looked like dogshit?

If not, then stop reading.

Though I agree that Bray looked decent, it's hard to say how good he looked because the group he was in was just absolute trash. He clearly stood out from the Colin Klein's of the field, but that wasn't saying much.

I wish he was in group 5 with Geno, Manuel, Scott and Wilson so we could've seen where he slotted in with those guys.

I heard he upset a few scouts by not getting them coffee.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9437663)
Mayock made all of those comments about Geno and then said he'd only watched 6 of his games.

ROFL

Deberg_1990 02-25-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9437650)
Exactly. Mayock made similar statements yesterday. Yes, I saw the film that Mayock demonstrated as poor decisions. But with nearly 70% completion rate, isn't Smith allowed to make a few mistakes?

His comments were absurd. Either there's some kind of hidden secret about Geno Smith that no one in the media is sharing or they just can't seem to wrap their heads around the simple truth that Andrew Luck and RGIII are unique.

I've come to the conclusion Mayock is a complete idiot and NFL network is doing a disservice to its viewers with him spouting such nonsense.

Dave Lane 02-25-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9437457)
Why does everyone want to turn Geno into an option offense QB?

He's black... Duh

Honestly its the stupidest thing ever.

Dave Lane 02-25-2013 06:41 PM

Where's the Mayock video?

The Franchise 02-25-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9437780)
Where's the Mayock video?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5L1ga7E742M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 02-25-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9437729)
I've come to the conclusion Mayock is a complete idiot and NFL network is doing a disservice to its viewers with him spouting such nonsense.

Dude, they're analyizing QBs with Mike Tannenbaum and Scott Pioli right now.

"Disservice" is way, way too polite.

Direckshun 02-25-2013 06:43 PM

I think that if Bray lasts to our 2nd pick, we should take him.

It's about as close as we're getting to a premier chance at a QB in this draft, because we're sure as **** not taking Geno.

Dave Lane 02-25-2013 06:44 PM

Good god after watching the video of Mayock he's a complete ****ing idiot!

Titty Meat 02-25-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9437793)

It's about as close as we're getting to a premier chance at a QB in this draft, because we're sure as **** not taking Geno.

Skipping Geno for Bray would be like passing go without collecting 200 dollars

Dave Lane 02-25-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9437793)

**** off!

The Franchise 02-25-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Everytime your man beats the coverage and he's wide open....you have to complete that 100 out of 100 times.

Never done by ANY QB in this league. **** off, Mayock.