ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I guess at this point, it all comes down to Branden Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271685)

Fat Elvis 04-02-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548815)
As much of a part of the 49ers as Trent Dilfer was to the Ravens.

Yeah, because "upgrading" their QB from Dilfer so that they could be a dynasty worked out so well for them.

http://jeffpearlman.com/wp-content/u...16-750-941.jpg

jd1020 04-02-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9549087)
Yeah, because "upgrading" their QB from Dilfer so that they could be a dynasty worked out so well for them.

Do you have a point?

jd1020 04-02-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9549057)
Albert, as much as I like him, is not one of the best LTs in the NFL. You're just being delusional. He is a good LT, make no mistake, but to say he is one of the best is talking with the homer glasses on.

Pretty sure you are the delusional one.

He's one of the best pass blockers in the league.

Brock 04-02-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Albert, as much as I like him, is not one of the best LTs in the NFL. You're just being delusional. He is a good LT, make no mistake, but to say he is one of the best is talking with the homer glasses on.

He is one of the best. No homer bullshit here.

Ace Gunner 04-02-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9548938)
:facepalm: Have you noticed the shitfest he's been protecting in KC?

have you noticed he plays OT like a OG? Albert doesn't engage his man.

I have said many times on this board I would like Albert to remain a Chief, but I'm not gonna sugar coat him. Reid likes big OT's that hold blocks.

ct 04-02-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9548605)
Lets assume we draft Jokel/Fisher and trade Albert for a 2nd this year and 3rd next.

What we have effectively done is take Alex Smith with 1.1. Also, because of Smiths cap number, we also have the same amount of cap space had we say, kept Albert on the franchise tag and drafted Geno at 1.

gg.

No what you've done is trade Brandon Albert for Alex Smith. Then drafted Albert's replacement at 1.1 because they evaluate OT as much better draft prospect then QB.

Crush 04-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Who's better than Albert?

RealSNR 04-02-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9549278)
have you noticed he plays OT like a OG? Albert doesn't engage his man.

I have said many times on this board I would like Albert to remain a Chief, but I'm not gonna sugar coat him. Reid likes big OT's that hold blocks.

Then it makes zero sense to draft Joeckel, who doesn't demonstrate very often in his Texas A&M games the ability to hold blocks.

Fisher is Andy's guy if that's what he likes.

FRCDFED 04-02-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9549681)

Apparently Joekel and/or Fisher are.

DTLB58 04-02-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9548627)
So the Chiefs have a trade partner, multiple NFL teams know about it and are making moves in response to it, yet not a single person with the Chiefs, with the trading partner, or with any of these other teams have leaked a single word about it to anyone?

This seems somewhat unlikely.

Plus, the Chiefs still have Geno in town today. Wouldn't that be a waste of time?

B14ckmon 04-02-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9549681)

Eugene Monroe. Only reason why he gave up more sacks is because we had 0 running game last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9549722)
Plus, the Chiefs still have Geno in town today. Wouldn't that be a waste of time?

Not when it potentially leads to more draft picks.

DTLB58 04-02-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9549683)
Then it makes zero sense to draft Joeckel, who doesn't demonstrate very often in his Texas A&M games the ability to hold blocks.

Fisher is Andy's guy if that's what he likes.

Then that's fine, but it's pretty obvious this regime doesn't want Albert as their LT.

NJChiefsFan 04-02-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9548993)
Alex Smith got his team to the NFCCG and was a special teams collapse away from getting his team into the SB. As I said before, you can split the hairs any way you want to, but that's what happened.

I don't know if pointing out how weak he was in the NFCCG is really splitting hairs. Or pointing out that his team was stacked as hell. Alex played better in the Saints game than I thought he could. I do know that most of his play outside of that game leads me to think he isn't taking this team anywhere special, but he is a lot better than Cassel IMO. Thing is that isn't the goal. We shall see.

As TBG pointed out earlier, Reid isn't going to coddle Alex. At the very least we should see Alex's feet held to the fire.

Chief Faithful 04-02-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9548800)
That is your opinion but not fact. Others will believe that Joeckel will do more than good his rookie year. He is a very polished prospect.

Can a prospect from Texas A&M really be a polished prospect?

I would rather see the Chiefs keep Albert and draft Joeckel letting him play RT as a rookie. When Albert leaves next year move Joeckel to the left side and find another RT. By then Stephenson might be ready to take the starting RT role.

FRCDFED 04-02-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9549729)
Then that's fine, but it's pretty obvious this regime doesn't want Albert as their LT.

At least not at the price Albert thinks he's worth.