ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Playoff and Draft Pick Odds, 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264296)

Mr. Flopnuts 09-27-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8953657)
Okay. Not to wear this out, but based on what? What are they basing the prediction on? Is this Mr. cdcox's system you're using?

FAX

Yeah, I don't know. I opened his program and was looking at the advanced analysis. It showed sliders leaning toward one team every week. The slider was on our side for 10 of the last 13 games as of that moment. I'm sure it gets updated weekly and that will change, but as of then (and probably now) it showed us having the edge if you will to win those games.

FAX 09-27-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8953660)
Yeah, I don't know. I opened his program and was looking at the advanced analysis. It showed sliders leaning toward one team every week. The slider was on our side for 10 of the last 13 games as of that moment. I'm sure it gets updated weekly and that will change, but as of then (and probably now) it showed us having the edge if you will to win those games.

Okay. Thanks. I'm with you now.

Yes, it definitely changes each week. All over the place, really. There are tons of variables. Everything except the "Any Given Sunday" factor.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts 09-27-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8953662)
Okay. Thanks. I'm with you now.

Yes, it definitely changes each week. All over the place, really. There are tons of variables. Everything except the "Any Given Sunday" factor.

FAX

Yeah. They should add the Muff Boudain analysis every week. That guy knows his shit!

FAX 09-27-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8953665)
Yeah. They should add the Muff Boudain analysis every week. That guy knows his shit!

You know, before he escaped prison (with the help of his daughter and her common-law husband, if you recall) and was lost at sea somewhere off the coast of California, they say that Muff helped write the NFL rulebook. That would certainly give him a great deal of insight and influence with his Vegas friends. Of course, all that was before he decided to leave the priesthood and turn to a life of crime.

FAX

cdcox 09-27-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8953660)

You're reading it backward. The 0 to 100 scale represents the percent odds of the home team winning. The slider is always closer to the favorite.

I use advancednflstats to determine the game odds and those are updated weekly. Later this week, Brian Burke, author of advancednflstats.com, will publish the game odds in the NY Times blog. Those game odds will be within a couple percentage points of the game odds in the software. Both Brian and I calculate the game odds from his generic team efficiency ratings, but the way we award HFA is slightly different.

BTW, you can move the sliders to do what-if analyses.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-27-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 8953696)
You're reading it backward. The 0 to 100 scale represents the percent odds of the home team winning. The slider is always closer to the favorite.

I use advancednflstats to determine the game odds and those are updated weekly. Later this week, Brian Burke, author of advancednflstats.com, will publish the game odds in the NY Times blog. Those game odds will be within a couple percentage points of the game odds in the software. Both Brian and I calculate the game odds from his generic team efficiency ratings, but the way we award HFA is slightly different.

BTW, you can move the sliders to do what-if analyses.

Love it. Gonna play around with it some more tonight. Thanks for the tip. I've always admired it from afar. Much like I've always admired Muff Boudain.

htismaqe 09-27-2012 06:34 AM

I don't know Seedy. I don't see how the draft pick graph suggests we're getting "Pioli'd".

Looks to me like we're going to to pick around 5th, plus or minus 2 picks. If we pick between 3 and 7, we'll have a guaranteed shot at the 2nd-best QB in the draft IMO.

007 09-27-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8953764)
I don't know Seedy. I don't see how the draft pick graph suggests we're getting "Pioli'd".

Looks to me like we're going to to pick around 5th, plus or minus 2 picks. If we pick between 3 and 7, we'll have a guaranteed shot at the 2nd-best QB in the draft IMO.

nah. Pioli will trade out of the pick or draft a DLineman.

htismaqe 09-27-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8953767)
nah. Pioli will trade out of the pick or draft a DLineman.

I don't think he's gonna have a choice. The fanbase is teetering on revolt.

It's a DAILY topic of discussion on both 610 and 810 and they actually are more representative of the "average" fan than we are.

007 09-27-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8953780)
I don't think he's gonna have a choice. The fanbase is teetering on revolt.

It's a DAILY topic of discussion on both 610 and 810 and they actually are more representative of the "average" fan than we are.

I truly hope so but I'm not holding my breath either.

htismaqe 09-27-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8953782)
I truly hope so but I'm not holding my breath either.

I'm not either. I've just never heard the kind of consensus I'm hearing now.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-27-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8953797)
I'm not either. I've just never heard the kind of consensus I'm hearing now.

Your right. It's always been a hot topic here, but it's even spilling over to the non die hards. KC wants a new QB....NOW.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 04:46 AM

Updated, I think:

Chiefs have a 52 percent chance of finishing last in the AFC West. 37.5 percent chance of finishing 3rd.

5.7 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Good chance of drafting in the top 7.

http://i.imgur.com/dvY6q.jpg

Good chance of 4-6 wins.

http://i.imgur.com/NBk7c.jpg

Hammock Parties 10-04-2012 11:36 AM

discussion, please

Great Expectations 10-04-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8976614)
discussion, please

Sounds reasonable