ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Article: why the Jags took Joeckel (Some of it would apply to Fisher) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272746)

Tribal Warfare 05-03-2013 06:09 PM

BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned yet it does seem the University of Virginia OL have been the beaten redheaded stepchildren lately.

Psyko Tek 05-03-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9655052)
If they were drafting in the top ten, they were just bad. Maybe that has something to do with being under .500, even after drafting a tackle. One guy isn't going to fix everything.

**** yeah!!!!
Andy Luck proved that

K there was no luck this year

Setsuna 05-03-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9655657)
Dude. **** off. If you can just change teams anytime you want, you were never a Jag to begin with and you sure as shit are not a Chief.

:shake:

RealSNR 05-03-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9655657)
Dude. **** off. If you can just change teams anytime you want, you were never a Jag to begin with and you sure as shit are not a Chief.

I'm not sure if I agree with that. It's a person's decision if he wants to spend his hours following a team's news, posting on a fan message board, and watching its games. I'm not sure what qualifies for fandom or not. I don't think you acquire a favorite team through the Sorting Hat or something else similar to a binding declaration/pact at youth.

It's just a game.

Tombstone RJ 05-03-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9655079)
ROFLLMAOLMAOROFL And this is why I'm a Chief.

That's nothing to brag about...

notorious 05-03-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9655686)
I'm not sure if I agree with that. It's a person's decision if he wants to spend his hours following a team's news, posting on a fan message board, and watching its games. I'm not sure what qualifies for fandom or not. I don't think you acquire a favorite team through the Sorting Hat or something else similar to a binding declaration/pact at youth.

It's just a game.

:D

Geno Smith Sucks!

(It's just a game ;))

RealSNR 05-03-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9655696)
:D

Geno Smith Sucks!

(It's just a game ;))

So is rape.

*wink*

beach tribe 05-03-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9655686)

It's just a game.

The qualifier in my mind is sticking with them even after they break your ****ing heart repeatedly. This will not be his last stop.

Mr. Laz 05-06-2013 09:24 AM

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 2h
Joeckel admits "comfort zone" is playing left tackle. But No. 2 pick expected to play on right side as rook
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Rasputin 05-06-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9655071)
LMAO creepy LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9655083)
Yeah, that's the last time I need to see that pic.

Says Prison Bitch..

MahiMike 05-06-2013 09:59 AM

71% went to the pro bowl? Can't be.

/non True Fan

JimBaker48.8 05-06-2013 10:19 AM

It was a relatively safe pick in a relatively weak Draft, but given the Jags already had one very good LT, maybe it was too safe ? As far as the Chiefs go, I thought that Fischer was very impressive at the Senior Bowl and he was clearly more athletic than Joeckel, but still maybe a little more uncertain for the Chiefs given that the Aggie was tested and proven against far better competition in the Big 12 & SEC while in college than Fischer was.
And anybody else catch Jags new owner Shahid Khan on 60 Minutes last night ? BTW, those NFL owners' meetings gotta be tough crowds for Muslim Khan given nearly half of the owners are Jews ?

Setsuna 05-06-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBaker48.8 (Post 9661543)
It was a relatively safe pick in a relatively weak Draft, but given the Jags already had one very good LT, maybe it was too safe ? As far as the Chiefs go, I thought that Fischer was very impressive at the Senior Bowl and he was clearly more athletic than Joeckel, but still maybe a little more uncertain for the Chiefs given that the Aggie was tested and proven against far better competition in the Big 12 & SEC while in college than Fischer was.
And anybody else catch Jags new owner Shahid Khan on 60 Minutes last night ? BTW, those NFL owners' meetings gotta be tough crowds for Muslim Khan given nearly half of the owners are Jews ?

I'm certain his mustache silenced the naysayers from the get go.

KC Hawks 05-06-2013 12:29 PM

SNR was sorted into Hufflepuff.