ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals There’s no room on the Kansas City Royals bandwagon for St. Louis Cardinals fans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287597)

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-19-2014 12:58 PM

One section of Royals fans are the best, most loyal and deserving in baseball of this recent success.

Those who suddenly show up everywhere in unwashed blue regalia are best described thusly:

http://www.utexasclan.com/photos/alb.../tradition.jpg

ChiTown 10-19-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11027493)
One section of Royals fans are the best, most loyal and deserving in baseball of this recent success.

Those who suddenly show up everywhere in unwashed blue regalia are best described thusly:

http://www.utexasclan.com/photos/alb.../tradition.jpg

ROFL

KCUnited 10-19-2014 01:02 PM

The non-Royals/SF fans who entered into the Royals WS ticket lottery and won only to sell those tickets back to excited Royals fans contemplating extending themselves financially just to see them play in the WS are the only people I disdain right now.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-19-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11027507)
The non-Royals/SF fans who entered into the Royals WS ticket lottery and won only to sell those tickets back to excited Royals fans contemplating extending themselves financially just to see them play in the WS are the only people I disdain right now.

That's capitalism, baby!

FlaChief58 10-19-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11027148)
I've never, ever seen the rancor between Royals and Cardinal fans in person. It has to be from Frats or college. If I didn't read the butthurt posts on here I'd call urban myth.

I have caught a lot of shit being a Chiefs fan down here in florida. We drove 1/2 hour to sit in a bar, paying for overpriced food and drink, with no ****ing sound to watch a 2-14 team. So maybe we deserve shit?:hmmm:

I can't see switching teams. Your a fan of the team you grew up with, fan code says you can't switch teams without rightfully being labeled a scumbag bandwagoner

All of this

cosmo20002 10-19-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11027016)
There’s no room on the Kansas City Royals bandwagon for St. Louis Cardinals fans.

TL;DR but its hard to believe Cards fans would want or need to hop on the Royals bandwagon.

I did get a report from a family member in Southern California that he saw 4 different people wearing Royals gear this week. In the past 10 years, he's seen one person, and that was me.

Prison Bitch 10-19-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11027434)
If I were a Royals fan I'd be far more upset by all the Johnny-come-lately mother****ers who act like they are finally getting redemption for all their suffering.

This board is a good example of it, TBH. There are dozens of posters who've populated the Royals threads here for years, and those guys deserve every ounce of success the team has had. The other "fans", though, are completely detestable.

They aren't much different than the family member who was never seen, yet tries to become a hanger-on once someone has made the big time.

We need them, the Cards don't. Beggars can't be choosers

Saulbadguy 10-19-2014 02:55 PM

Who gives a shit? I know that personally, the Royals success will mean more to me than a bandwagon scumbag. I use the same principal when dealing with low life Bronco/Cowboy/Cardinals fans that populate this area. They just root for them because they are winning, and will never realize the type of joy that I will when my teams succeed.

WilliamTheIrish 10-19-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 11028317)
Who gives a shit? I know that personally, the Royals success will mean more to me than a bandwagon scumbag. I use the same principal when dealing with low life Bronco/Cowboy/Cardinals fans that populate this area. They just root for them because they are winning, and will never realize the type of joy that I will when my teams succeed.

Exactly. If they want to come under the tent for a best of seven, come on in.

That story read like a story from Cyclonefanatics or phognet.

Although I do heartily enjoy the anecdotal stories of "I was just sitting watching the game in my _________ jersey just minding my own business when this fan of ________ starts giving me shit for no reason".

SAUTO 10-19-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11027412)
Given how often you seem to want to fight people for the most pointless of reasons, it's a miracle you aren't in jail or dead. Chill the **** out, dude.

Lol, I wouldn't fight the guy over saying something like that. LMAO.

Unless he got real mouthy after I told him to go **** himself.

And you are right it is a miracle at this point.

Sassy Squatch 10-19-2014 05:03 PM

Santos...

crazycoffey 10-19-2014 05:11 PM

Lol

SAUTO 10-19-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11027412)
Given how often you seem to want to fight people for the most pointless of reasons, it's a miracle you aren't in jail or dead. Chill the **** out, dude.

And the point there Hamas was the fact that he wouldn't do that to me, any grown person that feels like they should pick on a nine year old girl isn't ever gonna talk shit to me, especially knowing me, but it would shut his dumb ass up real quick

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-19-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11030897)
And the point there Hamas was the fact that he wouldn't do that to me, any grown person that feels like they should pick on a nine year old girl isn't ever gonna talk shit to me, especially knowing me, but it would shut his dumb ass up real quick

Just a thought: there is such a thing as good-natured ribbing of fandom.

Also, there is a continuum of response from Meh to DEFCON 1.

You seem to dive for the nuclear football at first blush.

stonedstooge 10-19-2014 05:28 PM

I'LL LET THEM IN, BUT I WON'T LIKE IT