ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: The Pistol Offense 101 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273033)

Tribal Warfare 05-14-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9681792)
i still refuse to believe Andy is going to run the pistol. He didnt when he had Vick why would he do it now.

With a glass QB no less.

Ming the Merciless 05-14-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9680150)
Most likely to get laid in the next 180 days, Direk or R2D2 build guy?

r2d2 build guy

if he installs a fleshlight attachment into the droid

O.city 05-14-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9681869)
The Pistol is basically the shotgun, with some different concepts. I don't see why it would be a big deal having Smith in it.

I don't want him running alot as I'm not really a big fan of having your franchise QB running the ball alot when he's not built like a tank ala Cam or ungodly athletic like Kaep.

Or when said QB is likely a single concussion away from being done with the NFL.

Tribal Warfare 05-14-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9682325)
Or when said QB is likely a single concussion away from being done with the NFL.

or re-injures his surgically operated throwing shoulder

O.city 05-14-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9682331)

I'm not really worried about his shoulder. That can heal again.

Concussion and the dude is done.

Ming the Merciless 05-14-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9682331)

or falls into fetal position every time pocket moves

Tribal Warfare 05-14-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9682334)
I'm not really worried about his shoulder. That can heal again.

Concussion and the dude is done.

It's still a black mark on his reliability to be the Franchise QB if he can't stay healthy.

O.city 05-14-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9682343)
It's still a black mark on his reliability to be the Franchise QB if he can't stay healthy.

For sure.

Was it actually his throwing shoulder he hurt though? I was thinking it was the other one.

Sorter 05-14-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9682261)
r2d2 build guy

if he installs a fleshlight attachment into the droid

powerful pawnmower

Tribal Warfare 05-14-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9682352)
For sure.

Was it actually his throwing shoulder he hurt though? I was thinking it was the other one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-alex-smith/

correct

Fat Elvis 05-14-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9681567)
Definitely. He does to Cons, and the fangirls there would love to touch his droid.

These are the droids you are looking for....

jd34 05-14-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9682352)
For sure.

It was his throwing shoulder. The initial injury was repaired but a piece of wire that was left in the joint to assure the proper healing would take place came lose and actually began to saw into the bone and soft tissue. That required a second surgery which was successful. He has since taken some pretty big hits on that shoulder with no adverse consequences.

As to concussions; a lot of players have had to sit out a week as a result of a concussion. Those are just one of the issues of the game. The concussion he sustained came on a play where he very uncharacteristically did not protect himself well when he went down.

Thig Lyfe 05-14-2013 11:00 PM

I hope Alex Smith's arm falls off and then before he gets a chance to re-attach it, KC Wolf runs over it on his ATV.

Dante84 05-14-2013 11:09 PM

Ault isn't even moving here; he's essentially acting as a consultant for us, most likely for defensive game planning.

Quote:

Chris Ault’s role

Reid said former Nevada head coach Chris Ault, who was hired as a consultant, will work from his home in Reno in helping the Chiefs learn to defense and possibly install his specialty, the pistol formation, for certain situations.

“He’s been here once, and visited with the defense,” Reid said, “and he visited with (offensive assistant) Brad Childress, and they went over stuff. He’s not moving here … I’ll give him projects to do and work together with Brad.”

Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith has experience with the pistol, which was run by San Francisco last year, especially after Colin Kaepernick — who played for Ault at Nevada — took over for Smith as the starter.

“I’m excited about it,” Smith said of Ault’s role. “He’s a wealth of knowledge. From me being exposed to it playing with Colin and the little bit we were doing … it’s a great addition

Rausch 05-15-2013 04:15 AM

T0dd Haley: Offensive genius.

Chan Gailey: total idiot dumb enough to reerun our offense by implementing a college approach that will never work in the NFL...