ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Franchise Tag: Ability to "steal" players? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290685)

O.city 02-17-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11332979)
It's not like they'd be the first team to pay two superstars.

Christ, we had one of the worst passing offenses in the league and have the 10th highest paid QB and 4th highest paid WR.

They don't have a single player making more than $9M a season, and their four highest paid players are locked up until 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Sadly thougj, their qb covers up alot as that gm hasn't been very good.

It would make sense for them though, but they just traded a first rounder for Richardson. They need talent influx one way or another

Pasta Little Brioni 02-17-2015 09:33 PM

Again why would they risk not using the exclusive tag. Jurruh isn't going to risk his stud getting away.

OnTheWarpath15 02-17-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11332992)
Sadly thougj, their qb covers up alot as that gm hasn't been very good.

It would make sense for them though, but they just traded a first rounder for Richardson. They need talent influx one way or another

Grigson has made one bad mistake, and that's the Richardson deal.

Luck
Allen
Fleener
Hilton
Werner
Thornton
Moncrief

He's picked up some talent in three years. Much more in his first two years than Dorsey in his first two years.

Mojo Jojo 02-17-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11332976)
McGlockton was a step below the franchise tag. We had to give up a second round pick if I remember right.

I believe he was a franchise player and would cost the Chiefs one or two firsts to sign him, but some how Carl and McGlockton convinced the Radiers to redesignate him a restricted free agent the day before the draft so the Chiefs only had to send a second to Oakland.

And I had forgotten he died about four years ago.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-17-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11333005)
Again why would they risk not using the exclusive tag. Jurruh isn't going to risk his stud getting away.

He's not. We know it. Just makes for interesting conversation.

ChiefsCountry 02-17-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 11333010)
I believe he was a franchise player and would cost the Chiefs one or two firsts to sign him, but some how Carl and McGlockton convinced the Radiers to redesignate him a restricted free agent the day before the draft so the Chiefs only had to send a second to Oakland.

And I had forgotten he died about four years ago.

I went back and found a Chiefs yearbook and you were right it was a restricted free agent deal.

The Raiders got a comp pick out of the deal and that player Leon Bender ended up dying.

TimeForWasp 02-17-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11332914)
Seems like the chiefs got chester mcglockton by making him an ofer and oakland declined to match it. I don't remember what they had to give.

The Poison pill. Not sure really how that works, but it makes it hard for the team to claim the player back.

O.city 02-17-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11333008)
Grigson has made one bad mistake, and that's the Richardson deal.

Luck
Allen
Fleener
Hilton
Werner
Thornton
Moncrief

He's picked up some talent in three years. Much more in his first two years than Dorsey in his first two years.

Werner hasn't been very good yet and his free agent signings have been mediocre at best. Look at their ol.

He's hit on some good picks sure.

I also belive 4 or your players listed are what they are because of the first one listed, but that's just me.

Valiant 02-18-2015 03:32 AM

Poison clauses i think are forbidden now. But i think you can negotiate for less. Like a 1st and 2nd.

Kman34 02-18-2015 06:58 AM

Jones will never let him leave Dallas... and that's the bottom line on this..

Chiefnj2 02-18-2015 07:05 AM

Indy is a 4 win team without Luck. They need lots of help. They should be figuring out how to get more draft picks.

Dante84 02-18-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 11333382)
Jones will never let him leave Dallas... and that's the bottom line on this..

Agreed. I was just curious about the process as a whole.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-18-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11333092)
Werner hasn't been very good yet and his free agent signings have been mediocre at best. Look at their ol.

He's hit on some good picks sure.

I also belive 4 or your players listed are what they are because of the first one listed, but that's just me.

That's what I was thinking. Without Luck that squad is pure dog crap.

Reerun_KC 02-18-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11332832)
If we've learned anything, it's that overpaying for a WR when you don't have a QB is not a good idea.

Yet you championed and praised the waste of money for Larry Johnson.

Sorce 02-18-2015 09:07 AM

If I remember correctly the franchising team also gets the opportunity to match the agreed to contract so the team trying to sign the player has to structure the contract in a way that the franchising team can't match. So basically front load the contract so much that it would put the other team over the cap.