ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I guess at this point, it all comes down to Branden Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271685)

ChiefMojo 04-02-2013 08:57 AM

I don't think it is totally his play but more so getting someone cheaper, younger and possibly in their opinion will be better than Albert.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9548884)
What exactly is it about Albert's style of play that Reid doesn't like?

Where does it say this?

I was under the impression that Reid was a fan.

Ace Gunner 04-02-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9548884)
What exactly is it about Albert's style of play that Reid doesn't like?

Albert can't hold blocks and it's because he lacks those type techniques.

Crush 04-02-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9548851)
:facepalm:

What? You said that Joeckel was a "very polished prospect." Everyone of those names that I gave were also "very polished prospects." The tackle is not a safe position, neither is the QB. However, the QB is much more important than a tackle. The best thing this team can do for its long-term success is taking a chance on a QB with the pick and grooming him for the future, while keeping the very good LT that it already has.

Crush 04-02-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9548903)

Yes, because QBs need at least seven to ten seconds in the pocket.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9548903)

:facepalm: Have you noticed the shitfest he's been protecting in KC?

patteeu 04-02-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9548929)
What? You said that Joeckel was a "very polished prospect." Everyone of those names that I gave were also "very polished prospects." The tackle is not a safe position, neither is the QB. However, the QB is much more important than a tackle. The best thing this team can do for its long-term success is taking a chance on a QB with the pick and grooming him for the future, while keeping the very good LT that it already has.

The tackle is a safer prospect though so it's not as clear cut as you seem to be trying to make it. And in addition to that, you have to factor in the evaluation of the actual individuals you're choosing between.

The reason the tackle is safer, is because when an LT busts, you can usually turn him into a serviceable player either at RT or as a G. When a QB busts, he sits on the bench or gets drummed out of the league altogether.

Beyond that, it's possible that the Chiefs see Geno as a high bust probability and Joeckle as a low bust probability based on their individual characteristics.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548799)
Point out the "wrong" part.

Did he "take" them to the SB or did he ALMOST "take" them to the SB.

If the answer is "ALMOST" then you are wrong and should stop talking.

I already have. In order to get in position to be in the Super Bowl, he had to take his team to the NFCCG. It's common sense.

jd1020 04-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9548978)
I already have.

I guess in your mind you have.

In reality... you haven't proven anyone wrong but yourself.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548981)
I guess in your mind you have.

In reality... you haven't proven anyone wrong but yourself.

Ok, so it really comes down to you being an idiot. You could have saved us both some time by just admitting that.

jd1020 04-02-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9548987)
Ok, so it really comes down to you being an idiot. You could have saved us both some time by just admitting that.

Says the person saying Alex Smith lead the 49ers somewhere LMAO

Carry on. Moron.

Just Passin' By 04-02-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548989)
Says the person saying Alex Smith lead the 49ers somewhere LMAO

Carry on. Moron.

Alex Smith got his team to the NFCCG and was a special teams collapse away from getting his team into the SB. As I said before, you can split the hairs any way you want to, but that's what happened.

jd1020 04-02-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9548993)
Alex Smith got his team to the NFCCG and was a special teams collapse away from getting his team into the SB. As I said before, you can split the hairs any way you want to, but that's what happened.

LMAO

Molitoth 04-02-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9548773)
Alex was a big part of their success and to say otherwise is just hate!

I think it is quite clear Albert is getting traded. If their was a long term deal in the works, he would know it by now. The new regime has put very little to no effort in re-signing him long term. They moved swiftly with Bowe/Colquitt and all of their other moves have been swift with a plan.

This staling by the Chiefs brass is just leverage for trade possibilities in the draft and trying to milk more in a trade with Albert. I know from a personal perspective it sucks for Albert but this is a business move first and foremost... he is just a pawn.

Yep. Sad but true.

We are about to trade away the same guy we traded UP to get and has proven himself and wants to be here.

in exchange we will get a failed Alex Smith, and use 1.1 to draft an overrated Joekel.

Fat Elvis 04-02-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548626)
Trading one of the best LTs in the NFL for just any starting QB is a trade I likely pass on every day of the week, considering you aren't going to be getting offers from the Patriots for Brady or Packers for Rodgers.

Albert, as much as I like him, is not one of the best LTs in the NFL. You're just being delusional. He is a good LT, make no mistake, but to say he is one of the best is talking with the homer glasses on.