ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs continuing to host QB prospects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306994)

Messier 04-09-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12816359)
I don't think that most of those QB busts were the result of over drafting, but rather the result of putting these guys out there before they are ready.

If you believe that a QB has the talent to excel if he's given time to develop, you take him early, and develop him off the field before you put him into harm's way.

Maybe if the Chiefs offense could have sustained a couple of drives between the opening drive and the final drive, the defense might have gotten a couple of minutes of rest, which might have improved the chances of making a stop or 2.

Maybe if Fisher doesn't hold the Chiefs win in OT. I'm saying there's blame to go around. Do you only blame the offense?

notorious 04-09-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 12816369)
Maybe if Fisher doesn't hold the Chiefs win in OT. I'm saying there's blame to go around. Do you only blame the offense?

The defense played good enough to win the game.

The offense played bad enough to lose the game.

BlackOp 04-09-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12816356)
It really is this simple. I can't believe some people can't comprehend this.

Kelce doesn't get a free pass from me... he lost that game as much as Smith did. He dropped a perfect ball on the 4 yard line...and KC lost by 2.

Coogs 04-09-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 12816358)
Absolutely the offense Should've scored more points. But the Steelers had the ball for almost 10 more minutes. They were almost 50% on third-down conversions. They ran almost 20 more plays. Don't tell me the defense did it's job.

Advantage of playing with the lead. If we could have scored while holding them to FG's went up a couple of scores, we might have made them have to throw.

SAUTO 04-09-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 12816128)
Don't know but who is at 27 this year? Sell the farm to move up above Houston? That is crazy.

ROFL makes sense.

You: wait for next year.

Me: who's gonna be there next year?

You: don't know.

ROFL

Messier 04-09-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12816372)
The defense played good enough to win the game.

The offense played bad enough to lose the game.

Then the opposite is true for the Colts game, correct?

notorious 04-09-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 12816379)
Then the opposite is true for the Colts game, correct?

Of course. Pretty obvious.

Messier 04-09-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 12816375)
Advantage of playing with the lead. If we could have scored while holding them to FG's went up a couple of scores, we might have made them have to throw.

I think the Steelers would have been fine with a shootout. Our offense did nothing to scare them, and our D yielded just enough that throwing all over the field wasn't necessary.

SAUTO 04-09-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Fisher plays on offense, otherwise good point.

milkman 04-09-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

There's blame on every unit, and on the coaching staff as well, especially Reid.

Coogs 04-09-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 12816384)
I think the Steelers would have been fine with a shootout. Our offense did nothing to scare them, and our D yielded just enough that throwing all over the field wasn't necessary.

Very possible.

Messier 04-09-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12816388)
There's blame on every unit, and on the coaching staff as well, especially Reid.

I agree.

bigjosh 04-09-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 12816344)
It does matter. It sustained drives. You think letting them run all over the five had no impact? That's ridiculous. That was Smith's weakest playoff game. But continually letting them into FG range is on the run defense.

How many run defenses can hold down the best running game in the league when they get 2 minutes of rest before marching back onto the field?

How many 3 and outs were there?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Messier 04-09-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 12816397)
How many run defenses can hold down the best running game in the league when they get 2 minutes of rest before marching back onto the field?

How many 3 and outs were there?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Chiefs had 3 Steelers had 1.

RealSNR 04-09-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 12816358)
Absolutely the offense Should've scored more points. But the Steelers had the ball for almost 10 more minutes. They were almost 50% on third-down conversions. They ran almost 20 more plays. Don't tell me the defense did it's job.

If it's the offense's fault for not scoring more than 18 points, why should it ****ing matter how the defense lets the Steelers get their points as long as they hold them to a minimal number?

You brought up time of possession. Whose fault is it for not taking more than 25 minutes in the time of possession?

The Chiefs had three 3-and-outs that game. 4 punts total. An Alex INT and a West lost fumble. They had 9 possessions to crack 18 points. That can be done with 3 TDs. Against a mediocre Pittsburgh defense. AT HOME. AT ****ING HOME.

How about you don't tell me to not tell you the defense did its job. It most certainly did e****ingnough to win a goddamn playoff game. It wasn't good, but this thread is about QBs and how we should take one now. We do NOT need to go on a defense drafting splurge. We SHOULD draft quite a few depth pieces because that's the strength of this draft and we could use more depth (particularly at pass rusher), but we're doing just fine on D.

Where we REALLY need help is to get rid of the dickless sack of crap at QB.