Home Mail Chat Discord
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 PM  
Hammock Parties Hammock Parties is offline
SUPER BLOOD WOLF MOON
 
Hammock Parties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $577
Star Wars: Episode IX

Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.
Posts: 204,110
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:38 AM   #136
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
MVPiMp II
 
Sweet Daddy Hate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
And Kasdan needs to be executed for even allowing this horse shit to flourish under his watch. He had every opportunity to shape and move this thing in a direction that could be meaningful, and chose instead to let morons have the final say on things.

Inexcusable.
__________________

#Sweets unchained!
Posts: 70,554
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #137
RINGLEADER RINGLEADER is offline
RING****ER
 
RINGLEADER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Confusion, USA
Casino cash: $21168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
I was initially, but again, after having time to process the entirety of the two movies and understanding how Disney has completely abandoned the crucial, simple elements that make SW what it is, I've realized that they have completely mishandled everything and are not worthy of consideration.
Posts: 36,867
RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #138
RINGLEADER RINGLEADER is offline
RING****ER
 
RINGLEADER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Confusion, USA
Casino cash: $21168
Keenan Allen again is weak in the big games.

Dude talks like he is Antonio Brown but only performs against crap teams outside of one game against the Chiefs.
Posts: 36,867
RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #139
RINGLEADER RINGLEADER is offline
RING****ER
 
RINGLEADER's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Confusion, USA
Casino cash: $21168
Star Wars will not survive another Kathleen Kennedy clusterf***
Posts: 36,867
RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.RINGLEADER 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #140
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
MVPiMp II
 
Sweet Daddy Hate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Nothing can be done. JJ has already proven that he sucks at this, Kasdan might as well have not even been involved, and the three top original characters are now dead, with the exception of CGI Leia.

No one gives a **** about Mary Sue because that character was written and handled so shittily, Poe and Finn have ZERO substance and development as characters, Rose just needs to ****ing die, Kylo Ren can't figure out what the **** HE is, and all that leaves is Chewbacca and droids who don't really "talk" and that's probably to their benefit this time around.

**** Disney.
__________________

#Sweets unchained!
Posts: 70,554
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:40 PM
Sweet Daddy Hate
This message has been deleted by Sweet Daddy Hate. Reason: Oops.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #141
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
MVPiMp II
 
Sweet Daddy Hate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Had to be hard on him. If anyone had the pulse of the Star Wars franchise.fan base it was Mark. Probabaly crushed him as much as it did everyone else.
That look of pure horror on his face at the premier when he's standing next to Johnson after watching that piece of shit tells me all I need to know regarding Hamill's "feelings" about TLJ.

I want you to imagine someone walking up to ESB Lando and asking him if he's "****ed any good droids lately"(?)

Seriously; are these people at Disney ****ing retarded?
__________________

#Sweets unchained!
Posts: 70,554
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #142
Sorry Sorry is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
Nothing can be done. JJ has already proven that he sucks at this, Kasdan might as well have not even been involved, and the three top original characters are now dead, with the exception of CGI Leia.

No one gives a **** about Mary Sue because that character was written and handled so shittily, Poe and Finn have ZERO substance and development as characters, Rose just needs to ****ing die, Kylo Ren can't figure out what the **** HE is, and all that leaves is Chewbacca and droids who don't really "talk" and that's probably to their benefit this time around.

**** Disney.


Seriously.. there has been zero character development two movies on.. who gives a ****? Kill all of them.
Posts: 128
Sorry is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Sorry is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Sorry is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Sorry is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Sorry is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:48 AM   #143
listopencil listopencil is offline
Mile High Mafia
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $37580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
Seriously.. there has been zero character development two movies on.. who gives a ****? Kill all of them.

Hey, look, here's another aspect of the new movies that sucks. I hadn't really thought about it. But you're right. In the old trilogy the main characters (mostly) either grew as the show went on or were iconic and just revealed more and more depth to the audience. In the new movies they just flop around like fish on a pier until the credits roll.
Posts: 44,804
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:34 AM   #144
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $39904
There was a lot of character development.

Poe learned to blindly follow his female superiors, even when they do stuff that makes no sense. (And still doesn’t)

Rae has become more powerful than a Sith Lord over a few days span.

Finn learned about what’s truly important: Love.

Princess Mary Poppins ....errr....I guess she didn’t learn or grow for shit

Grand Leader Snoke died. Probably the best character arc ever written

Admiral Ackbar came full circle and fulfilled his destiny of becoming frozen fish.

Luke has always been an unenthusiastic loser that always saw the worst in people until Rae opened his eyes. Wait, what?

Yeah, this was a bad Star Wars movie. No direction and baffling story lines.
Posts: 58,743
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:14 AM   #145
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
2018 AFC West Champions
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $22354
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
There was a lot of character development.

Poe learned to blindly follow his female superiors, even when they do stuff that makes no sense. (And still doesn’t)

Rae has become more powerful than a Sith Lord over a few days span.

Finn learned about what’s truly important: Love.

Princess Mary Poppins ....errr....I guess she didn’t learn or grow for shit

Grand Leader Snoke died. Probably the best character arc ever written

Admiral Ackbar came full circle and fulfilled his destiny of becoming frozen fish.

Luke has always been an unenthusiastic loser that always saw the worst in people until Rae opened his eyes. Wait, what?

Yeah, this was a bad Star Wars movie. No direction and baffling story lines.


Man did Disney ever **** up Star Wars.
__________________
Posts: 36,438
CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.CoMoChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:50 AM   #146
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
MVPiMp II
 
Sweet Daddy Hate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
If I were tapped to finish this trilogy, my Epi 9 would go something like this:


The little bastard kids from the space-kangaroo/horse stables at the end of TLJ steal a good sized space yacht from Lando on Canto Bight. Since the force is so ****ed up in these movies, we'll go ahead and say that the boy with the broom has become powerful enough to track force users through space( see how this works? I can be a retard too! ).

They travel to a space battle where every single member of the Resistance and the entire First Order are engaged in combat, and things are looking grim for the Resistance.

The spirit of Luke Skywalker, who cares nothing for anyone now that he's dead, uses the force to line the kids' stolen Lando-Yacht up like a killer ace pool-shot, engages the hyperdrive, and everyone dies.

THE END!
__________________

#Sweets unchained!
Posts: 70,554
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #147
Carr4MVP Carr4MVP is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
If I were tapped to finish this trilogy, my Epi 9 would go something like this:


The little bastard kids from the space-kangaroo/horse stables at the end of TLJ steal a good sized space yacht from Lando on Canto Bight. Since the force is so ****ed up in these movies, we'll go ahead and say that the boy with the broom has become powerful enough to track force users through space( see how this works? I can be a retard too! ).

They travel to a space battle where every single member of the Resistance and the entire First Order are engaged in combat, and things are looking grim for the Resistance.

The spirit of Luke Skywalker, who cares nothing for anyone now that he's dead, uses the force to line the kids' stolen Lando-Yacht up like a killer ace pool-shot, engages the hyperdrive, and everyone dies.

THE END!
Works for me.
Posts: 1,934
Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #148
bowener bowener is offline
Romo for DC! Kill Sutton.
 
bowener's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $9997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
If I were tapped to finish this trilogy, my Epi 9 would go something like this:


The little bastard kids from the space-kangaroo/horse stables at the end of TLJ steal a good sized space yacht from Lando on Canto Bight. Since the force is so ****ed up in these movies, we'll go ahead and say that the boy with the broom has become powerful enough to track force users through space( see how this works? I can be a retard too! ).

They travel to a space battle where every single member of the Resistance and the entire First Order are engaged in combat, and things are looking grim for the Resistance.

The spirit of Luke Skywalker, who cares nothing for anyone now that he's dead, uses the force to line the kids' stolen Lando-Yacht up like a killer ace pool-shot, engages the hyperdrive, and everyone dies.

THE END!
The best way I can think to save this piece of shit trilogy is to have the final episode set about 15 years after whatever the **** we just watched in the previous episode.

It would be lame to do, but it would let the writers have a long distance to get away from it all.

Finn and Rose still together? Nope. Rose died fighting somewhere we don't care about.

Finn is still a ****tard character that is given stupid as comedic spots that aren't needed? No. Now he has personally murdered a shit load of people and "seen some shit, man." He is emotionally ****ed, deeply troubled, and out for blood like a true terrorist. Maybe he has started to lean into a Saw Gerrera mentality. He can lead, and people follow like devoted disciples.

Poe is a hothead with an ego and a terrible stand-in for the classic Han role? Now he's older wiser, and maybe has some kind of noticeable battle scar to set his new action figures apart from the previous ones.

The legend and mythos of Rey/Ren is nothing to be impressed by or fear? Now they've got time and battles under their belts. Rey has been training more while Ren has been murdering more.

The resistance was a dozen or fewer aliens and mobile trashcans? Nope. Now it's grown in number and ability.

This is effectively hitting the reset button. I cannot think of any other way to save this dumpster fire. And like I said, this would be lame, but it would be better.

edit: Also have a new rebel character named "Rian" and show Ren melting him in the lava of Mustafar in an attempt to extract information from him during the first act... to really show how far LORD REN has come. Because he needs to be LORD REN by now.
__________________
Main Entry: bowe·ner
Pronunciation: \ˈbō-nər\
Function: noun
Date: circa 2007

Posts: 7,846
bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #149
Carr4MVP Carr4MVP is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Casino cash: $500
As someone previously mentioned here, the biggest problem with Star Wars is that none of the stories are screaming to be told. Episode IV works well enough as a standalone flick. It was a basic hero's journey story with some Eastern trappings.
Posts: 1,934
Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #150
Sweet Daddy Hate Sweet Daddy Hate is offline
MVPiMp II
 
Sweet Daddy Hate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ABQNM
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
The best way I can think to save this piece of shit trilogy is to have the final episode set about 15 years after whatever the **** we just watched in the previous episode.

It would be lame to do, but it would let the writers have a long distance to get away from it all.

Finn and Rose still together? Nope. Rose died fighting somewhere we don't care about.

Finn is still a ****tard character that is given stupid as comedic spots that aren't needed? No. Now he has personally murdered a shit load of people and "seen some shit, man." He is emotionally ****ed, deeply troubled, and out for blood like a true terrorist. Maybe he has started to lean into a Saw Gerrera mentality. He can lead, and people follow like devoted disciples.

Poe is a hothead with an ego and a terrible stand-in for the classic Han role? Now he's older wiser, and maybe has some kind of noticeable battle scar to set his new action figures apart from the previous ones.

The legend and mythos of Rey/Ren is nothing to be impressed by or fear? Now they've got time and battles under their belts. Rey has been training more while Ren has been murdering more.

The resistance was a dozen or fewer aliens and mobile trashcans? Nope. Now it's grown in number and ability.

This is effectively hitting the reset button. I cannot think of any other way to save this dumpster fire. And like I said, this would be lame, but it would be better.

edit: Also have a new rebel character named "Rian" and show Ren melting him in the lava of Mustafar in an attempt to extract information from him during the first act... to really show how far LORD REN has come. Because he needs to be LORD REN by now.
If the usual "scoop nerds" are to be trusted, it's been said that this movie will take place at least 2 to 3 years after TLJ.

So, that might help, but it can't stop the fact that Disney and KK just don't get it. They never have from the beginning and TLJ just drove that point home like Clay banging a single mom with big titties and a full-time babysitter.
__________________

#Sweets unchained!
Posts: 70,554
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.