Home Mail Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2018, 02:19 PM  
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $22627
Aquaman(2018) Trailer


Last edited by Tribal Warfare; 07-21-2018 at 03:11 PM..
Posts: 33,981
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:01 PM   #16
JakeLV JakeLV is offline
Veteran
 
JakeLV's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Casino cash: $16452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Wait. That's not Vinny Chase.
If Entourage is prescient, and Aquaman is the most successful DC movie, we deserve this awful timeline.
Posts: 1,067
JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #17
Kyle DeLexus Kyle DeLexus is offline
Opie and Anthony XM 105
 
Kyle DeLexus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Casino cash: $2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Wait. That's not Vinny Chase.


It's the wrong suit also.
Posts: 7,819
Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:57 AM   #18
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $22166
Meh. I just can't wait for The Flash movie come out he was the best in Justice League.
Posts: 37,753
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:57 AM   #19
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $22166
Although I'll go see this for the sharks. Sharks are cool.
Posts: 37,753
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:11 AM   #20
Gravedigger Gravedigger is offline
Plays to win the game!
 
Gravedigger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lenexa KS
Casino cash: $13201
Let's be honest, the main reason for DC being an issue was Zach Snyder. The dark tones, the lack of fun and humor, it was all Zach Snyders direction and art style. I'm glad he's stepped out of the fold now so they can invite new directors in that will understand what drives audiences to the movies nowadays.
__________________
The OFFICIAL Chiefs slogan, "Oh well, there's always next year."
Posts: 4,476
Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.Gravedigger would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #21
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Casino cash: $19483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Let's be honest, the main reason for DC being an issue was Zach Snyder. The dark tones, the lack of fun and humor, it was all Zach Snyders direction and art style. I'm glad he's stepped out of the fold now so they can invite new directors in that will understand what drives audiences to the movies nowadays.
Yep. I'm fine with it and WB needs to let them do their thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 44,126
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:04 PM   #22
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $26399
He may be taking the blame for the tone, and some of that's justified since he was the front man, but DC and WB execs all signed off on everything he did.

I, personally, still don't have a problem with it. They didn't want to do the same thing that Marvel was already doing. And that's fine. The movies themselves just needed to be better executed.

Although (and one caveat: I still haven't seen JL) I still don't think those movies are nearly as bad as their critical reaction. And we're going to see more and more of that as social media grows. The hive mind decides what's good and what's not.
Posts: 56,788
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #23
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $30624
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
He may be taking the blame for the tone, and some of that's justified since he was the front man, but DC and WB execs all signed off on everything he did.

I, personally, still don't have a problem with it. They didn't want to do the same thing that Marvel was already doing. And that's fine. The movies themselves just needed to be better executed.

Although (and one caveat: I still haven't seen JL) I still don't think those movies are nearly as bad as their critical reaction. And we're going to see more and more of that as social media grows. The hive mind decides what's good and what's not.
They were shit. The hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not the movies were shit. Bad stories, direction and the like are the determinants.

The hive mind raved about Wonder Woman, after all.
Posts: 30,448
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #24
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
They were shit. The hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not the movies were shit. Bad stories, direction and the like are the determinants.

The hive mind raved about Wonder Woman, after all.
That's exactly what I mean. They weren't shit in my opinion. They could have been better, but I didn't consider them bad. Just not good. But it doesn't do me any good to explain that to anybody online, because your reaction is exactly what I'm referring to.

What I mean by hive mind is that there's no discussion about anything in social media (and this place is social media...). There's only conflict. My team versus your team. Everything has to be black or white. Anything you talk about has to be either awesome or awful. There's no middle ground, and 90% of any discussion about anything is really just people trying to convert everybody to their side.

And that's where I go to the hive mind. It's taking over what used to be discussion about everything. Movies. Sports. Politics.

Humanity is now borg. Resistance is futile.
Posts: 56,788
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #25
Just Passin' By Just Passin' By is offline
In Search of a Life
 
Just Passin' By's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Casino cash: $30624
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
That's exactly what I mean. They weren't shit in my opinion. They could have been better, but I didn't consider them bad. Just not good. But it doesn't do me any good to explain that to anybody online, because your reaction is exactly what I'm referring to.

What I mean by hive mind is that there's no discussion about anything in social media (and this place is social media...). There's only conflict. My team versus your team. Everything has to be black or white. Anything you talk about has to be either awesome or awful. There's no middle ground, and 90% of any discussion about anything is really just people trying to convert everybody to their side.

And that's where I go to the hive mind. It's taking over what used to be discussion about everything. Movies. Sports. Politics.

Humanity is now borg. Resistance is futile.
  1. The DCU movies have been shit. I could delve into why, but that's been done in the appropriate threads, so it doesn't need repeating. You're welcome to your opinion on them, though. That's the beauty of the medium. And that leads to...
  2. ... It's ok if you like movies that you understand are bad. It's also ok if you can't rate movies for quality. You just have to accept that you like bad movies, or can't evaluate movies for quality, and take it into account. I can't judge the relative quality of Eastern European movies for shit because I still miss too many subtleties of the cultures, but I accept that, so I don't go blaming Eastern Europeans for liking one of their films more than another.
  3. There's plenty of reasonable discussion still going on with social media. You just have to go to the right sites or find the right groups. If you're using Twitter or Facebook, you've nobody but yourself to blame.
Posts: 30,448
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:52 AM   #26
Carr4MVP Carr4MVP is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Casino cash: $500
He was alright in Justice League but that entire movie was just one large gloom fest. It was the first time I watched a movie in theaters and understood what people meant by cookie cutter.
Posts: 2,530
Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.Carr4MVP would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:45 AM   #27
bowener bowener is offline
Romo for DC! Kill Sutton.
 
bowener's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $9997
Oh god, so much of that CGI looked cringe-worthy. I hope it improves for the final cut.

Also, Momoa may look the part, but god damn he is just an awful actor.
__________________
Main Entry: bowe·ner
Pronunciation: \ˈbō-nər\
Function: noun
Date: circa 2007

Posts: 7,905
bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.bowener is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:21 AM   #28
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
They were shit. The hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not the movies were shit. Bad stories, direction and the like are the determinants.

The hive mind raved about Wonder Woman, after all.
Oh hey look guys, something else JPB doesn't like. After years of reading this forum it just dawned on me that this guy has the bloodiest vag on the forum. I mean, he literally just bitches about everything.

If he can't bitch about it, then he doesn't post about it.
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 42,519
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:22 AM   #29
Detoxing Detoxing is offline
Needs more middle fingers
 
Detoxing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $34663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
  1. The DCU movies have been shit. I could delve into why, but that's been done in the appropriate threads, so it doesn't need repeating. You're welcome to your opinion on them, though. That's the beauty of the medium. And that leads to...
  2. ... It's ok if you like movies that you understand are bad. It's also ok if you can't rate movies for quality. You just have to accept that you like bad movies, or can't evaluate movies for quality, and take it into account. I can't judge the relative quality of Eastern European movies for shit because I still miss too many subtleties of the cultures, but I accept that, so I don't go blaming Eastern Europeans for liking one of their films more than another.
  3. There's plenty of reasonable discussion still going on with social media. You just have to go to the right sites or find the right groups. If you're using Twitter or Facebook, you've nobody but yourself to blame.



See?
__________________
Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing.
Posts: 42,519
Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.Detoxing is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:39 AM   #30
banecat banecat is offline
Field Hand
 
banecat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Johnson County, Kansas
Casino cash: $500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Oh hey look guys, something else JPB doesn't like. After years of reading this forum it just dawned on me that this guy has the bloodiest vag on the forum. I mean, he literally just bitches about everything.

If he can't bitch about it, then he doesn't post about it.
Only two reasons to post online, and they are to vent or for attention
Posts: 3,383
banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.banecat has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:25 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.