ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Risks of obtaining a second job? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349712)

TripleThreat 08-09-2023 09:27 PM

Risks of obtaining a second job?

What has been your experiences in picking up a second job (job number 2) that works the same hours as job number 1?

I work remote and in the healthcare field and I’m thinking of applying for a competitor to also work for. What are the risks that you guys have ever experienced?

My current job is pretty laxed which is the main reason I’m interested in pursuing this idea, however my concerns are the ability of either company finding out and then being termed by job number 1.

What are your experiences with having a secondary job and were the risks worth the reward? I think if I ever felt threatened I would just drop job number 2 asap before anything scratched the surfaced that would threaten job number 1…

lewdog 08-09-2023 09:27 PM

PM Prison Bitch and he can help you with ALL of it.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2023 09:31 PM

Wtf

BWillie 08-09-2023 09:35 PM

A good friend of mine works three jobs, all virtually and they all don't know about each of them. He says the trick is to not do too much work so they don't expect much. His superiors really have no clue how much time it takes to do the work.

Hamwallet 08-09-2023 09:40 PM

You must not be very valuable at your first job if you can work a second job during the same hours.

Maybe if you worked harder or where better at your FIRST job you would be compensated appropriately so you wouldn’t have to do this scumbag move?

Chief Pagan 08-09-2023 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 17049987)
What has been your experiences in picking up a second job (job number 2) that works the same hours as job number 1?

What are your experiences with having a secondary job and were the risks worth the reward?

Don't do it dude.

If you're double dipping...

...it makes it too hard to post on ChiefsPlanet while at work.

dlphg9 08-09-2023 09:47 PM

The risk is that is you lose both jobs. IDK what the chances of them finding out are, but are you willing to risk it even if the chances are super small?

TripleThreat 08-09-2023 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 17049998)
You must not be very valuable at your first job if you can work a second job during the same hours.

Maybe if you worked harder or where better at your FIRST job you would be compensated appropriately so you wouldn’t have to do this scumbag move?

I have a feeling you’re of the older generation from that way of thinking, however to put it into perspective of the year 2023 with “office work” our manager was promoted, that work was put onto me, along with my original job I was hired to do, when I asked to be compensated they took away my original work that I was hired to do, hired another person and left me with the managers work without the extra pay of what our original manager was making. So in a sense I was quiet hired into a more experienced role with lesser of pay with the excuse of “we are taking this away so you aren’t over worked” mind you I did both jobs for over 6 months before my wife was tired of me being overworked for the same pay.

If I’m really good at my job, and can do what others do in half the time, I don’t think it’s a scumbag move to explore my options, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

So no, if I worked harder they just find a different way to not pay me.

Fish 08-09-2023 09:58 PM

Seems kinda obvious.

dlphg9 08-09-2023 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 17050011)
I have a feeling you’re of the older generation from that way of thinking, however to put it into perspective of the year 2023 with “office work” our manager was promoted, that work was put onto me, along with my original job I was hired to do, when I asked to be compensated they took away my original work that I was hired to do, hired another person and left me with the managers work without the extra pay of what our original manager was making. So in a sense I was quiet hired into a more experienced role with lesser of pay with the excuse of “we are taking this away so you aren’t over worked” mind you I did both jobs for over 6 months before my wife was tired of me being overworked for the same pay.

If I’m really good at my job, and can do what others do in half the time, I don’t think it’s a scumbag move to explore my options, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

Yeah **** that place. Go to the competitor and get paid from both places.

lewdog 08-09-2023 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 17050011)

Two questions.

1. Would another company compensate you fairly for the job you’re doing? Your current one you’re admitting is under paying you.
2. Are you gay?!!!!??!

Rain Man 08-09-2023 10:10 PM

If you go to work for a competing company, I think you could potentially face civil liability if one or both of them concludes that you're taking trade secrets to the other employer. The odds are probably low that they would sue you, but if they're legit head-to-head competitors I suspect you'd get fired pretty quickly.

Do you do LinkedIn or other professional sites where you're linked to a company? How would you handle that?

trndobrd 08-09-2023 10:12 PM

If you are talking about some kind of gig work or a different shift, maybe. If you are working two salaried positions on the same schedule you could probably pull it off until someone figures out how to do an internet search.

HonestChieffan 08-09-2023 10:14 PM

What could go wrong?

RunKC 08-09-2023 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17050026)
If you go to work for a competing company, I think you could potentially face civil liability if one or both of them concludes that you're taking trade secrets to the other employer. The odds are probably low that they would sue you, but if they're legit head-to-head competitors I suspect you'd get fired pretty quickly.

Do you do LinkedIn or other professional sites where you're linked to a company? How would you handle that?

Listen to Rain Man. Don't do this, especially it's a competitor. Idk what your job structure is like, but everywhere I worked had a policy that if you even put your 2 weeks in to go to a competitor they would release you immediately and disable your access to prevent info from being shared.

I can guarantee that if they found out you would be in extremely hot water. You would absolutely be sued for it and face some really harsh consequences.

Companies don't **** around with that stuff..