ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Len Dawson's Birthday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338771)

Tribal Warfare 06-20-2021 11:03 AM

Len Dawson's Birthday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4VPmutX...pg&name=medium

anabela 06-20-2021 11:05 AM

Happy Birthday

Halfcan 06-20-2021 11:11 AM

Happy B-day to Lenny the Cool! HOF player and announcer.

Rasputin 06-20-2021 11:33 AM

Ubeja didn't know his nickname was Lenny the Cool that's why he could never get into the Trivia Challenge Forum where carcosa is King.

Happy Birthday Lenny the Cool

EPodolak 06-20-2021 01:11 PM

HBD Lenny. As a kid he was my only idol that wasn't either my Dad or a Beatle.

ChiefsCountry 06-20-2021 01:20 PM

Client of mine is a personal friend of Len Dawson. Said he isn't doing good at all.

FloridaMan88 06-20-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15714870)
Client of mine is a personal friend of Len Dawson. Said he isn't doing good at all.

I’ve heard that as well and he’s been out of sight for a while now.

tx4chiefs 06-20-2021 01:50 PM

Happy Birthday!

jallmon 06-20-2021 01:59 PM

HBD Lenny!

Halfcan 06-20-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

:huh:

Thanks for the update Debbie Downer. Way to take the "Happy" out of the B-day thread. :(

Sucks that we will lose him some day. Such a class act!

RealSNR 06-20-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

The reaper comes for us all, and 86 is a decently full life.

I think the last I saw him in media was that interview/side-by-side he did with Mahomes back during the 2018 season. Yeah, he really was in rough shape. Weird to think that just a year or two before that he was doing post-game interviews with Andy Reid for chiefs.com. The Lenny from those interviews compared to the Lenny in that segment was night and day.

It will be sad when he goes, but we've got some great memories of him as Chiefs fans. What's even better is he didn't go the route that some team legend QBs from back in the day will go, where they fail the team in some way. Example: the Packers with Bart Starr's awful head coach years.

As a player Lenny was a hero, and in his retirement he continued to champion the team and Kansas City in positive ways. Can't ask for much more.

Kman34 06-20-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15714797)
Ubeja didn't know his nickname was Lenny the Cool that's why he could never get into the Trivia Challenge Forum where carcosa is King.

Happy Birthday Lenny the Cool

Basic knowledge for any Chiefs fan... Ubeja passed away a broken man but Lenny The Cool will live forever...

Happy Birthday Len Dawson

gblowfish 06-20-2021 05:48 PM

I have a signed picture of Len in my office. He is still my all time favorite Chiefs QB until this other guy's career is complete. Lenny is the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, so that means he is double lucky. He's had a glorious life. Here's to many more years!

HonestChieffan 06-20-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Makes me very sad

HonestChieffan 06-20-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15715076)
The reaper comes for us all, and 86 is a decently full life.

I think the last I saw him in media was that interview/side-by-side he did with Mahomes back during the 2018 season. Yeah, he really was in rough shape. Weird to think that just a year or two before that he was doing post-game interviews with Andy Reid for chiefs.com. The Lenny from those interviews compared to the Lenny in that segment was night and day.

It will be sad when he goes, but we've got some great memories of him as Chiefs fans. What's even better is he didn't go the route that some team legend QBs from back in the day will go, where they fail the team in some way. Example: the Packers with Bart Starr's awful head coach years.

As a player Lenny was a hero, and in his retirement he continued to champion the team and Kansas City in positive ways. Can't ask for much more.

So well said