ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jackson Mahomes. Hero? You decide. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325393)

BWillie 09-24-2019 07:45 PM

Jackson Mahomes. Hero? You decide.

https://thespun.com/news/report-patr...baker-mayfield

The brother of star NFL quarterback Patrick Mahomes was once thrown out of a game for doing something to Baker Mayfield. Seriously.

The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman has an oral history on the epic Oklahoma-Texas Tech game from 2016, in which Mahomes and Mayfield combined for more than 1,200 passing yards and 12 touchdowns.

The best nugget from the story, in my opinion, is that of Mahomes’ brother.

Mahomes’ brother was reportedly thrown out of the stands for hitting Mayfield with a tortilla (Texas Tech fans like to throw tortillas in celebration).

Mayfield, of course, ate the tortilla, because that’s what Baker Mayfield would do.

“Patrick’s brother, (16-year-old) Jackson, threw a tortilla and it hit Baker Mayfield —he didn’t know it was Patrick Mahomes’ brother. His brother wasn’t throwing it to be mean…Baker picked it up and took a bite out of it. Then Patrick’s brother got thrown out of the game.”

That is just an awesome anecdote.

You can read the full story here.

carcosa 09-24-2019 07:47 PM

Great!

notorious 09-24-2019 08:07 PM

Bring him in for a look?

BWillie 09-24-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14476251)
Bring him in for a look?

I'm afraid he's just a standout basketball player. Maybe he can play TE in 2027?

Titty Meat 09-24-2019 08:28 PM

Dudes a flamer

Hoover 09-24-2019 08:32 PM

Have we signed this POS yet?

In58men 09-24-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14476284)
Dudes a flamer

And?

BigRedChief 09-24-2019 09:53 PM

I had a phone conversation with him during the Jacksonville weekend. He was one irate pissed off dude. Thought we were some rip off deal trying to make money off his brother. I wasn’t having his shit.

Told him the name of the person of the Mahomes foundation we were working with..... he said.....uhhh she didn’t tell me. I told him sounds like an organizational communication issue. And if he had any more concerns he could contact his Dad, Mom and sisters who were standing about 5 feet from me. Would you like to talk to them? Uhhhh no, sorry for the confusion and hung up.

FlorentinePogen 09-24-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14476458)
I had a phone conversation with him during the Jacksonville weekend. He was one irate pissed off dude. Thought we were some rip off deal trying to make money off his brother. I wasn’t having his shit.

Told him the name of the person of the Mahomes foundation we were working with..... he said.....uhhh she didn’t tell me. I told him sounds like an organizational communication issue. And if he had any more concerns he could contact his Dad, Mom and sisters who were standing about 5 feet from me. Would you like to talk to them? Uhhhh no, sorry for the confusion and hung up.

lmao...you didn't call him "Fredo" did you?

Jewish Rabbi 09-24-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14476458)

He seems like a douche

BigRedChief 09-24-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14476495)
He seems like a douche

a big time one.

I told the guy we were a grass roots Chiefs fan group. We’d never do anything to harm Mahomes. Were the fans who would run through walls for him. He just kept ranting.

TribalElder 09-24-2019 10:34 PM

He should throw dildos at the patriots and see if brady eats it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ob3ph28YvHQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monkey God 09-24-2019 10:54 PM

I remember someone from the media asked Pat prior to the Browns game, during one of his media seasons, if his brother would be in attendance with tortillas.

Simply Red 09-24-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14476295)
And?

Billay wants to blow him.

big nasty kcnut 09-24-2019 11:45 PM

Also throw tortillas it not racist. Signed half Mexican descent guy who think it's clever.