ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What's your (way too early) final roster? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322787)

jjchieffan 05-06-2019 04:38 PM

What's your (way too early) final roster?

I know that it's too early. But I thought that this would be good to bump during camp and at final cutdowns. I would imagine that there are still going to be some guys added post June 1 that will be on the roster. But for the most part, our final 53 should come from the current group. Who ya got? Here's mine

Offense
QB (2) Mahomes. Henne
OL (9) Fisher Wylie, Reiter, LDT. Schwartz, Erving, McKenzie, Allegretti, Hunter
WR (6) Watkins, Deiter, Pringle, Robinson, Hardman, Davis(Hill starts out roster exempt-suspended.)
TE (3) Kelce, Yelder, someone not yet on the roster
FB (1) Sherman
HB (3) Thompson, Damian Williams, Darrell Williams

Defense
DL (8) Jones, Clark, Nnadi, Williams, Ogbah, Saunders, Okafor, Speaks
LB (6) DOD, Ragland, Hitchens, Neimann, Johnson, Wilson
S (4) Matheiu. Watts, Lucas, Thornhill
CB (6) Fuller, Breeland, Ward, Smith, Reaser, Fenton

Special teams (3)
K: Butker
P: Colquit
LS: Winchester

Yes, I know. I only have 51. I'm trying to decide who to put in those spots. Right now, I am thinking that the udfa rookie OT Boyd could end up snagging a spot if he shows well in camp. But we're deeeep at running back. Would they keep 4 plus Sherman? Maybe another wide receiver? I don't know. On defense, it'll be interesting to see if Fields can claim that other spot. I also have Kpass left off. But this defensive scheme could save his career. So, I'm just going to leave those 2 spots open....for now.

RustShack 05-06-2019 05:19 PM

Probably have 3 QB’s and 4 RB’s. Wouldn’t be surprised if Lovett and/or Bell make the roster at TE(could still add someone else). We have two good UDFA WR’s.. one probably makes the team with the other on the PS. DT could be lighter than usual with DE being heavier and rotating inside. Attaochu and Wilson will be battling for Sam. Speaks is a DL, not LB.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-06-2019 05:21 PM

Litton makes it. James Williams instead of Darrell Williams and Custis instead of Davis. Lovett will be the #2 TE. Mark Fields as a CB will make it and Gary Johnson

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-06-2019 05:22 PM

Speaks is a DE FYI

Chiefshrink 05-06-2019 05:30 PM

James Williams at RB, Jamaal Custis WR and Gary Johnson LB

Dante84 05-06-2019 05:31 PM

My changes to your list:

TE: Only 2 TE’s, and the one behind Kelce is not yet on the roster.
HB: No Darrell Williams, insert James Williams
WR - 7: Add Custis
LB: No Neimann, Add one of the UDFA’s.
QB - 3: add Litton or Shurmur, whichever is better

carcosa 05-06-2019 05:32 PM

"Way too early" is how jj describes any estimate of the Earth's formation date that's more than 3000 years ago

jjchieffan 05-06-2019 05:34 PM

I guess that's right on Speaks. He did play lb last year didn't he? But he's a DL in this scheme. And I was thinking about James Williams when I mentioned them possibly keeping an extra RB. I think that they did that last year. I left Litton off the roster because he survived all year last year on the PS, so I was hoping that they could stash him there again this year. But that's probably just wishful thinking. He probably gets poached if they try that again.

Kyle DeLexus 05-06-2019 05:36 PM

So no one thinks Carlos Hyde makes the final 53?

jjchieffan 05-06-2019 05:38 PM

I don't know. There is so much talent at RB. Who gets cut for Hyde to get a spot?

Chiefshrink 05-06-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14255543)
James Williams instead of Darrell Williams

Nah you keep both of them. Here is our stable:

1. D Williams
2. Thompson
3. James Williams
4. Darrell Williams

Darrell is our big fast thumper RB when we need to wear down defenses between the 20's in the latter part of the game. The first 3 RBs in our stable are pretty much the same type of RB in they are quick, fast with great hands with Thompson being the fastest.

Pitt Gorilla 05-06-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14255568)
"Way too early" is how jj describes any estimate of the Earth's formation date that's more than 3000 years ago

ROFL

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-06-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14255580)
Nah you keep both of them. Here is our stable:

1. D Williams
2. Thompson
3. James Williams
4. Darrell Williams

Darrell is our big fast thumper RB when we need to wear down defenses between the 20's in the latter part of the game. The first 3 RBs in our stable are pretty much the same type of RB in they are quick, fast with great hands with Thompson being the fastest.

So Hyde is gone?

jjchieffan 05-06-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14255583)
ROFL

See. Now that's why I have that shit for brains on ignore. I really wish that there was a way that I could block him completely so that I don't have to see his stupid crap when someone like you finds it funny and quotes him.

carcosa 05-06-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14255601)
See. Now that's why I have that shit for brains on ignore. I really wish that there was a way that I could block him completely so that I don't have to see his stupid crap when someone like you finds it funny and quotes him.

jj.... why are you so mean to me