ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Salt in the wound (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320934)

frozenchief 01-27-2019 01:12 PM

Salt in the wound

I have to be in Atlanta for work. Continuing education seminar. I am set to leave Wednesday but I was seriously debating staying and trying to see the game if KC was in the Super Bowl. Ah well.

I land at Hartsfield and there are signs for the Super Bowl everywhere. Busses have logos for both Patriots and Rams. It’s everywhere. That’s okay. I’m a big boy. I Can deal with this.

I get in the Uber at the airport and I confirm where I am headed. Uber driver asks if I am here for Super Bowl. I tell him I’m not and he says, “Man, that’s too bad. You know the Patriots will be staying at your hotel?”

No shit. Place is crawling with Pats fans and cops. Don’t know whether the cops are security for th Pats or the fans. But everywhere I go there are Pats fans. I’m medicating myself with Wild Turkey to deal with the pain.

Of all the hotels to stay in, I stay in the one where Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski are staying.

notorious 01-27-2019 01:14 PM

Do your part and pull the fire alarm at 3am.

eDave 01-27-2019 01:14 PM

You know what you have to do.

notorious 01-27-2019 01:15 PM

Or you could just start a huge fire.

displacedinMN 01-27-2019 01:18 PM

End the evil Reign

frozenchief 01-27-2019 01:23 PM

I will say I’ve not seen this much security at any hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Walking in today there are 5 dogs and about 25 heavily armed security, several with ARs waiting outside the hotel. Inside it’s just as bad. There were probably about 10 groups of cops. Groups of 2-4. Wandering around. They are in camouflage* and are heavily armed. Most have at least 2 firearms visible along with, on average, an extra 5 magazines that are visible. It’s like the President is here or something.

*really?!? We are in downtown Atlanta. Nothing green within 5 miles of here. You want camouflage, have a jacket with car grills and manhole covers on it.

KChiefs1 01-27-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 14075777)
I have to be in Atlanta for work. Continuing education seminar. I am set to leave Wednesday but I was seriously debating staying and trying to see the game if KC was in the Super Bowl. Ah well.

I land at Hartsfield and there are signs for the Super Bowl everywhere. Busses have logos for both Patriots and Rams. It’s everywhere. That’s okay. I’m a big boy. I Can deal with this.

I get in the Uber at the airport and I confirm where I am headed. Uber driver asks if I am here for Super Bowl. I tell him I’m not and he says, “Man, that’s too bad. You know the Patriots will be staying at your hotel?”

No shit. Place is crawling with Pats fans and cops. Don’t know whether the cops are security for th Pats or the fans. But everywhere I go there are Pats fans. I’m medicating myself with Wild Turkey to deal with the pain.

Of all the hotels to stay in, I stay in the one where Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski are staying.

Do your job.

Rawlsian 01-27-2019 01:36 PM

Which hotel

frozenchief 01-27-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawlsian (Post 14075847)
Which hotel

Hyatt Regrncy downtown Atlanta.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-27-2019 01:38 PM

Chiefs would just have lost twice. Still have Sutton next season

Rawlsian 01-27-2019 01:43 PM

Those are nice hotels

frozenchief 01-27-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawlsian (Post 14075871)
Those are nice hotels

I started staying in Hyatt because I go to Seattle a lot and there are two downtown that are really convenient. Then you join the points club and you start racking up points then you’re trapped. Wherever you go, you feel like you “have” to stay at a particular brand because: you get points; they give you upgrades and perks; and you wind up using the points for upgrades and rooms when you vacation. It’s a vicious cycle.

displacedinMN 01-27-2019 02:36 PM

Wife says hit on Gizelle in the bar.

Baby Lee 01-27-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14075783)
You know what you have to do.

<iframe width="601" height="340" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CAiwwivIDEI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bdj23 01-27-2019 02:47 PM

Suicide bomb Tom Brady