ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brett Veach interview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314569)

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-23-2018 02:36 AM

Brett Veach interview

It's a week old but a good watch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jrghJ3tTZy4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nickhead 03-23-2018 02:41 AM

Q squared, or cubed? unsure :D

this interview to me, reminds me of a maury povich episode where the man is trying to convince everyone that everything he says has meaning, and he is innocent.

i was waiting for him to simply state... look, dorsey signed some of these guys to extraordinary contracts, and we are now having to clean house so that we don't become insolvent in the next three years.

just cause the chiefs have won for the last five years, without super bowl success, does not mean dorsey didn't **** us. :thumb:

Chiefs Moon 03-23-2018 04:19 AM

If Houston and Berry were signed a year earlier-- like everyone knew was the right thing to do-- we would have cap space to finish the soft rebuild this year...and have some cap flexibility.

KChiefs1 03-23-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 13484314)
If Houston and Berry were signed a year earlier-- like everyone knew was the right thing to do-- we would have cap space to finish the soft rebuild this year...and have some cap flexibility.

Not a Dorsey strength.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-23-2018 06:58 AM

I like how he said they knew LB would be a need so last year they went through every teams roster and made a list of every teams LB with 1 year left.

Philosophy is to target young players. They got juice.

I like the guy.

Simply Red 03-23-2018 06:59 AM

Thanks I hadn't seen this

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-23-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13484375)
Thanks I hadn't seen this

You're welcome. I did it for you mostly.

Simply Red 03-23-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13484382)
You're welcome. I did it for you mostly.

Thank you again.

COchief 03-24-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13484374)
I like how he said they knew LB would be a need so last year they went through every teams roster and made a list of every teams LB with 1 year left.

Quite a change from old Carl "What's FA, I'm in Hawaii for 3 weeks" Peterson or fat Scott "team captains" Pioli. Very happy to have Veach in the chair now, even though Dorsey had some very good strengths, he struck me as sort of an arrogant idiot. Plus those annoying and creepy mouth movements/lip smacking were the worst. Hindsight is revealing the true Dorsey, if you took the honest reactions to the move initially and polled the same people today, most would admit it now seems Clark made the right move. Still a little nervous about our first draft without him though.

burt 03-24-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 13486969)
Quite a change from old Carl "What's FA, I'm in Hawaii for 3 weeks" Peterson or fat Scott "team captains" Pioli. Very happy to have Veach in the chair now, even though Dorsey had some very good strengths, he struck me as sort of an arrogant idiot. Plus those annoying and creepy mouth movements/lip smacking were the worst. Hindsight is revealing the true Dorsey, if you took the honest reactions to the move initially and polled the same people today, most would admit it now seems Clark made the right move. Still a little nervous about our first draft without him though.

^ this. exactly.

Tombstone RJ 03-24-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13484305)
It's a week old but a good watch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jrghJ3tTZy4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It’s the comments starting at 3:41 that crack me up. What a goofball this guy is. He’s a liar too. He should have just said that it was in the best interest of the team to move on from Peters instead of lying and saying it was a football decision.

Goofball extraordinaire. Congrats

Tombstone RJ 03-24-2018 02:39 PM

Did he really say “chiefs kingdom”?

saphojunkie 03-24-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 13487016)
It’s the comments starting at 3:41 that crack me up. What a goofball this guy is. He’s a liar too. He should have just said that it was in the best interest of the team to move on from Peters instead of lying and saying it was a football decision.

Goofball extraordinaire. Congrats

Thanks, man. We appreciate your support. Let me tell you how nice it is to have someone running the organization who can actually make intelligent football moves that set the franchise up for success years down the road.

You'll get there one day...

BlackOp 03-24-2018 03:47 PM

Funny how they offered a 3rd for Watkins last year...did that pick parlay into Hunt? Being lucky is a big part of success...

RustShack 03-24-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13487090)
Funny how they offered a 3rd for Watkins last year...did that pick parlay into Hunt? Being lucky is a big part of success...

We haven’t used the draft pick offered in that trade yet.