ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Overreaction from last night: Cut Eric Fisher after 2018 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316719)

RealSNR 08-10-2018 08:35 AM

Overreaction from last night: Cut Eric Fisher after 2018

He's got an out in his extension. We'll eat some dead cap, but we should end up saving overall.

The guy is, was, and always will be a pussy. He even looks ****ing tiny. The NFL LTs I've always seen dominate the game have been behmoths like John Alt, Orlando Pace, and Willie Roaf. Fisher looks like a goddamn TE out there. We were waiting after his first season to bulk up in the NFL strength and conditioning offseason program. Has that ever ****ing happened? Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

He's inconsistent but mostly he just plays with zero toughness. Always has. And I'd rather not force our beautiful new QB to play behind such a limp-dicked dweeb.

lcarus 08-10-2018 08:39 AM

How I've felt about Fisher since he's been here: at least he's not Jordan Black or Damien McIntosh?

Fish 08-10-2018 08:40 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

Mecca 08-10-2018 08:41 AM

He's better than Joeckel at least, but yea that contract is awful and honestly he could most likely be replaced without much of a problem.

tatorhog 08-10-2018 08:43 AM

I've been a Fisher apologist, but the times I specifically watched him last night, he didn't look good. Maybe once the playbook gets opened up in the regular season and we exploit things like over pursuit, teams won't be pinning their ears back and attacking him 24x7. Who knows, that's all I'm hoping for. But if the plan is pretend he's Anthony Munoz out there, somebody important is gonna get their bell rung.

notorious 08-10-2018 08:43 AM

He fails in spectacular fashion when the game is on the line.

He is the poster boy for Chiefs playoff performance.

PunkinDrublic 08-10-2018 08:43 AM

Not only that, he seems to have done nothing to improve himself. Same shitty technique. I can’t fault a player for having some use but just being in the wrong system. Fisher got paid and is now complete dog shit.

lcarus 08-10-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13668532)

I can think of a particular crucial 2-point conversion attempt where he failed pretty badly. I tried to blur it out of my mind but its stuck in there.

Hoover 08-10-2018 08:49 AM

I get that Fisher is underwhelming, but I'd try to slide him to guard before walking away.
I think what I'd do in use a high pick next year to address the position and prepare that way. His contract isn't crazy IMO.

TEX 08-10-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13668506)
He's got an out in his extension. We'll eat some dead cap, but we should end up saving overall.

The guy is, was, and always will be a pussy. He even looks ****ing tiny. The NFL LTs I've always seen dominate the game have been behmoths like John Alt, Orlando Pace, and Willie Roaf. Fisher looks like a goddamn TE out there. We were waiting after his first season to bulk up in the NFL strength and conditioning offseason program. Has that ever ****ing happened? Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

He's inconsistent but mostly he just plays with zero toughness. Always has. And I'd rather not force our beautiful new QB to play behind such a limp-dicked dweeb.

Well - he was tough that one time in the Chiefs/ Texans playoff game when JJ Watt went down and Fish pushed his head to the turf...

tatorhog 08-10-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13668546)
I get that Fisher is underwhelming, but I'd try to slide him to guard before walking away.
I think what I'd do in use a high pick next year to address the position and prepare that way. His contract isn't crazy IMO.

Trey Adams would be an intriguing selection, if he's available.

Be ghey for Trey? Doesn't have the same Suck for Luck feel.

Ming the Merciless 08-10-2018 08:57 AM

Hated that pick from day 1. Even if he was decent, it still bothers me we used a 1.1 on him

lcarus 08-10-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13668565)
Hated that pick from day 1. Even if he was decent, it still bothers me we used a 1.1 on him

Of course the year we have 1.1 the draft class is awful.

OKchiefs 08-10-2018 09:07 AM

I want him gone ASAP, but my only hesitation is that Morse is a free agent soon. He's not much better than Fisher IMO and isn't worth a huge contract. LG is obviously a weakness with nobody on the roster looking like they're capable of excelling there. Are we going to replace 3 OL all in the next year or so? I'd be fine if we could, but that seems like too much to do in one year without eating up a good portion of our cap room.

The OL has been average at best and just downright bad at times ever since Dorsey and Reid have come on board. They don't know how to scout and find talent on the OL. This philosophy of small athletic OL hasn't worked. Until we go to a power blocking scheme we're going to continually get dominated at the LOS.

oldman 08-10-2018 09:16 AM

Is he worth that big contract? Hell no, but I don't see any viable alternative at this time. I watched all the GIFs posted and the trouble mostly came from the LG spot. That's what needs to be addressed ASAP.

Simply Red 08-10-2018 09:17 AM

Vanilla game-plan brah

Buckweath 08-10-2018 09:21 AM

Ohh planet of overreaction.

Fisher is part of the Oline last year which allowed Smith to have a career year and Hunt to lead the league in rushing.

Fisher is absolutely here to stay.

Sure, he is nothing special though but he is decent.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13668621)
Vanilla game-plan brah

Choco Penii!!

The Franchise 08-10-2018 09:22 AM

Maybe the offensive line is just used to blocking for 1.5 seconds because Alex always ran out of the pocket when there wasn't pressure.

Titty Meat 08-10-2018 09:38 AM

Would anyone be surprised if Armani Watts gets cut tho?

The Franchise 08-10-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13668666)

Dude looked lost as hell out there last night.

Gravedigger 08-10-2018 09:42 AM

If the Oline sucks this year, they'll replace everything and keep working on Defense over the offseason. Mahomes has 2-3 years easy, it's the Oline that'll run out of time if he starts getting pressured like he did last night.

patteeu 08-10-2018 09:43 AM

SNR is a true fan. :Poke:

The Franchise 08-10-2018 09:44 AM

I didn't get a chance to watch Morse.....how was he last night?

RealSNR 08-10-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13668678)
I didn't get a chance to watch Morse.....how was he last night?

Pretty good, actually. I think he may have even been the best from a pass protection standpoint. He appears to resemble so far his rookie year self.

RealSNR 08-10-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13668676)
SNR is a true fan.

With the gunslinging comes needing more time.

Mahomes didn't roll out once last night, which is when he's at his most lethal as a QB. If there were ANY QB of the Chiefs in the past 20 years who could really use a great LT, it's Mahomes. Being able to step up in the pocket AND roll out and still find guys deep down the field is what's going to turn him into an elite QB.

TEX 08-10-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13668682)
Pretty good, actually. I think he may have even been the best from a pass protection standpoint. He appears to resemble so far his rookie year self.

THAT is promising!

TEX 08-10-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13668666)

Yes - ONLY b/c there is a need and he was a 4th round pick. BUT, the deal with that guy is he was drafted on "potential." I saw most every game of his in college and he has talent. He makes some plays and he looks very good when he makes them. BUT, he doesn't make far too many plays that he "should" make. IF he was all that, he would have made them and would have been drafted sooner. He's the classic example of an organization thinking that they can "Coach a player better" to get him to realize his potential. He never lived up to his potential at A&M and I doubt he will at this level. So, at some point I won't be surprised if he gets cut - just don't think it's going to happen this season. Anyway, just my take on the guy.

TEX 08-10-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13668669)

Yes he did. Probably the product of missing so much camp early. BUT I don't think he's all that good anyway.

RealSNR 08-10-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13668694)
THAT is promising!

Check out Clay's Patrick Mahomes GIF thread.

There's nothing too exceptional about these blocking assignments or anything, but he definitely looks the best out of all the OL guys

https://i.imgur.com/4NqdB7D.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-10-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Exactly, I said in another thread our goal now should be to draft and build the best OL in the NFL .Milkman siad I was a moron.

Simply Red 08-10-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13668716)

There's nothing too exceptional about these blocking assignments or anything, but he definitely looks the best out of all the OL guys

our line looks like Junior High players.

lcarus 08-10-2018 10:16 AM

Jesus that was a jailbreak

TEX 08-10-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Yes. Morse held his own. But HOLY SHIT our whole LEFT SIDE was a TURNSTYLE on that play! :shake:

TwistedChief 08-10-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13668617)
Is he worth that big contract? Hell no, but I don't see any viable alternative at this time. I watched all the GIFs posted and the trouble mostly came from the LG spot. That's what needs to be addressed ASAP.

This.

What's the alternative? I didn't understand the Fisher or LDT contracts at all - these guys just seem like JAGs to me. But then you see Zach Fulton going elsewhere and getting paid, and this is just market value for mediocre OL.

Fisher will forever suck more because he was the #1 overall pick.

The Franchise 08-10-2018 10:19 AM

I'd rather take the $1.5 million in dead money right now and just cut Erving. He ****ing sucks.

TEX 08-10-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13668735)

Exactly my man. Nothing fancy. Just several of our guys getting beat one-on-one all at once. :shake:

Fisher is what he is, BUT is it too damn much to ask to get a serviceable LG already????

Chief Northman 08-10-2018 10:22 AM

Andy Heck.

He is the common denominator of an offensive line that has underwhelmed during the Reid tenure. Reid is too loyal....

TEX 08-10-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13668752)
Andy Heck.

He is the common denominator of an offensive line that has underwhelmed during the Reid tenure. Reid is too loyal....

This - All day long...:cuss:

Bowser 08-10-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13668621)
Vanilla game-plan brah

Vanilla effort by Fisher, as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13668735)

Erving got beat like a Wall Street executive in a New York S&M dungeon - often and hard.

Pitt Gorilla 08-10-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13668724)
our line looks like Junior High players.

Of course, had that been a run, it goes for 20+.

Molitoth 08-10-2018 10:38 AM

I don't really overreact to anything in the preseason.

It's vanilla AF and starters/vets don't care, they play not to get hurt.
The guys that play hard are the ones trying to make the team.

notorious 08-10-2018 10:40 AM

Another thing to take from this: Houston’s DLine is really good.

Coochie liquor 08-10-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13668752)
Andy Heck.

Can’t agree more.

lcarus 08-10-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13668740)
This.

What's the alternative? I didn't understand the Fisher or LDT contracts at all - these guys just seem like JAGs to me. But then you see Zach Fulton going elsewhere and getting paid, and this is just market value for mediocre OL.

Fisher will forever suck more because he was the #1 overall pick.

I liked Fulton. Considering how bad we appear to be at LG we could use him.

TEX 08-10-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13668778)
Another thing to take from this: Houston’s DLine is really good.

Yes. The guy that blew up Schwartz a couple of times is a back-up.

bricks 08-10-2018 10:53 AM

Bring back WILLIE ROAF!!!!

Titty Meat 08-10-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13668669)

MicJones called him the steal of the draft too

pugsnotdrugs19 08-10-2018 11:12 AM

Fisher isn’t very good however I’d be surprised if he is as bad this season as he was last night. I think we’ll get the same guy we’ve saw the past 3 years.

The Franchise 08-10-2018 11:26 AM

Erving starting at LG made Fisher look even worse.

wazu 08-10-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Okay this pic has me mad now.

Pablo 08-10-2018 11:34 AM

Like cut his throat and let him bleed out? Or just get him off the team? One's way better than the other.

SAUTO 08-10-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13668686)
With the gunslinging comes needing more time.

Mahomes didn't roll out once last night, which is when he's at his most lethal as a QB. If there were ANY QB of the Chiefs in the past 20 years who could really use a great LT, it's Mahomes. Being able to step up in the pocket AND roll out and still find guys deep down the field is what's going to turn him into an elite QB.

I think working in the pocket might be something they were emphasizing.

SAUTO 08-10-2018 11:46 AM

I highly doubt watts gets cut

ptlyon 08-10-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13668888)
I think working in the pocket might be something they were emphasizing.

Looks like they should start by creating one first

WhiteWhale 08-10-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13668853)
Erving starting at LG made Fisher look even worse.

I have no idea why he's even on the team. He was atrocious last year and he sucked in Cleveland.

Both teams have tried him at every position, and he sucks at all of them.

You can't convince me there weren't half a dozen UFA's better than that clown. What does he DO to keep getting opportunities? I sincerely do not understand at all. It's like he gets badly beat on every single play.

Erving makes Fisher look like John Ogden by comparison. He's just god awful.

The Franchise 08-10-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13668949)
I have no idea why he's even on the team. He was atrocious last year and he sucked in Cleveland.

Both teams have tried him at every position, and he sucks at all of them.

You can't convince me there weren't half a dozen UFA's better than that clown. What does he DO to keep getting opportunities? I sincerely do not understand at all. It's like he gets badly beat on every single play.

Erving makes Fisher look like John Ogden by comparison. He's just god awful.

His contract is guaranteed....that's why he's still on the roster. The Chiefs traded for him to see if they could fix him. They're going to try everything they can until his contract is up after this season.

ChiefaRoo 08-10-2018 12:40 PM

The Chiefs OLine got the shit kicked out of them last night and they will limit or break Mahomes if they don’t get a lot better.

Sassy Squatch 08-10-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Holy shit, how does Erving allow that to happen? Dude needs to sit.

TEX 08-10-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13668783)
I liked Fulton. Considering how bad we appear to be at LG we could use him.

Fulton played his way into earning a nice contract. I knew he would be missed when we lost him.

arrwheader 08-10-2018 01:41 PM

whew that left side...... Fish looks like the biggest pussy ever and Erving, that was full reerun.

ThaVirus 08-10-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Sliding him to guard on this contract would be a huge failure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13669008)
Holy shit, how does Erving allow that to happen? Dude needs to sit.

His technique is absolutely atrocious. He needs to work on his hand fighting and positioning for the next month straight to correct this issue in a hurry.

He was trying to lean into the defensive lineman with his forearms.. that's just.. he ****ing sucks.

OKchiefs 08-10-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13669026)
Fulton played his way into earning a nice contract. I knew he would be missed when we lost him.

We give big contracts to shitty OL and let the good ones walk. We never should have let Hudson go to Oakland.

Easy 6 08-10-2018 03:26 PM

I wouldnt call it an overreaction to say the left side was total ass, Pat got hit waaay too much in such a short time

If a suitable fix could be found, it sure wouldnt hurt my feelings to see Fisher out the door next year... and of course, the Cam Erving experiment needs to end immediately

Reerun_KC 08-10-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13668532)

He is the poster boy for Chiefs playoff performance.

This. As the franchise player, he has yet to step up in any game that matters.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2018 04:02 PM

I've never liked him. He plays like a pussy, gets hurt like a pussy and talks like a pussy.

Now that Smith is gone, he's going to get 90% of my ire if he can't protect the franchise's blindside. I'm saving 10% for Breeland "tubby" Speaks.

IowaHawkeyeChief 08-10-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13668536)
I can think of a particular crucial 2-point conversion attempt where he failed pretty badly. I tried to blur it out of my mind but its stuck in there.

Come on... That gets called maybe 8% of the time...

Easy 6 08-10-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13669574)
I'm saving 10% for Breeland "tubby" Speaks.

LMAO he is 285 pounds, not everyone is a mesomorph like Kpass

Hammock Parties 08-10-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13669609)
LMAO he is 285 pounds, not everyone is a mesomorph like Kpass

He has a ****ing GUT

he better come into camp next season in the best shape of his life after the 1.5 sack season he's about to have

CupidStunt 08-10-2018 04:23 PM

The problem with Fisher is that he just doesn't have any redeeming quality. For his small frame he's a complete pussy vs power/bull players, and yet he somehow can't handle speed guys either. And his first contact is so ****ing terrible. He plays like he has the shortest arms in the NFL; he just can't get a grip on anyone.

Deberg_1990 08-10-2018 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

lcarus 08-10-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13669588)
Come on... That gets called maybe 8% of the time...

Yeah it was a horse shit call especially considering the situation.

Chiefshrink 08-10-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 13668534)
Fisher got paid and is now complete dog shit.

:thumb:

Hammock Parties 08-10-2018 05:54 PM

was mediocre at best last season

https://i.imgur.com/AdjHVlQ.jpg

TEX 08-10-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13669493)
I wouldnt call it an overreaction to say the left side was total ass, Pat got hit waaay too much in such a short time

If a suitable fix could be found, it sure wouldnt hurt my feelings to see Fisher out the door next year... and of course, the Cam Erving experiment needs to end immediately

Yes. Erving makes Fisher look worse. He weakens the whole left side. It's one big turnstyle. LG has been an issue for many seasons. You would think by now they would have found a solution...

Easy 6 08-10-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13669826)
Yes. Erving makes Fisher look worse. He weakens the whole left side. It's one big turnstyle. LG has been an issue for many seasons. You would think by now they would have found a solution...

As others have already said, myself included, going all the way back to his time in Chicago... the only constant in all of this, has been Andy Heck

He sucks ass, never liked him... he was run out of Chicago in disgrace

srvy 08-10-2018 07:10 PM

He isnt Branden Albert pussy that guy was prototype big tall long arms with a giant gapping gash and always hurt.

See how fish holds up this season and and move him to guard if have to. But hopefully he will play good and we can focus drafting playmakers at defense.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13669861)
See how fish holds up this season and and move him to guard if have to.

He'dd get his ass totally destroyed at guard.

RealSNR 08-10-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13668971)
His contract is guaranteed....that's why he's still on the roster. The Chiefs traded for him to see if they could fix him. They're going to try everything they can until his contract is up after this season.

If he doesn't get better, then we should still ****ing cut him.

Paying for nothing sucks ass, but not as much as having Erving in your OL lineup.

RealSNR 08-10-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13669861)
He isnt Branden Albert pussy that guy was prototype big tall long arms with a giant gapping gash and always hurt.

See how fish holds up this season and and move him to guard if have to. But hopefully he will play good and we can focus drafting playmakers at defense.

Albert had more size to him and was far better at not letting dudes get around him. Where he struggled was on bull rushes, which is weird considering he's a former guard in college...

If the choice is between 2013 Albert or 2018 Fisher, give me Albert.