ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   QB Impressions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304897)

Titty Meat 03-08-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12772896)
So what if we go 12-4 again and the top guys are again out of reach? We either blow our entire cap on a free agent or trade our entire draft to trade up? People will likely still be saying wait till next year.

They aren't going 12-4 next year and yes they should trade an entire draft for a qb.

The Franchise 03-08-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12773615)
They aren't going 12-4 next year and yes they should trade an entire draft for a qb.

We aren't going 2-14 either.

Titty Meat 03-08-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12773752)
We aren't going 2-14 either.

Yes but it's not like they can't move up to get a QB. This is really a dumb argument to say if they go 10-6 they aren't drafting a QB. Let's call it what it is a few posters on here are impatient.

The Franchise 03-08-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12773800)
Yes but it's not like they can't move up to get a QB. This is really a dumb argument to say if they go 10-6 they aren't drafting a QB. Let's call it what it is a few posters on here are impatient.

If the QB class is stronger.....then it's going to take more to move up.

Titty Meat 03-08-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12773803)
If the QB class is stronger.....then it's going to take more to move up.

Whats your point here dude? I and a few others state the obvious theres no clear franchise QB in this draft. Build the roster in this draft use picks next year to trade for a much better QB prospect. Somehow that's seen by the draftubators as making excuses. Now you're using an excuse for not drafting one next year. Which is it?

O.city 03-08-2017 11:25 AM

They'll win 12 games next year again.

They may lose early in the playoffs, but they'll win double digits again.

The Franchise 03-08-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12773811)
Whats your point here dude? I and a few others state the obvious theres no clear franchise QB in this draft. Build the roster in this draft use picks next year to trade for a much better QB prospect. Somehow that's seen by the draftubators as making excuses. Now you're using an excuse for not drafting one next year. Which is it?

I'm not making any excuses. I'm simply stating that the mantra of "*insert year here* is better" won't get you shit. We're not losing enough games to pick high enough and we won't have the ammo to move up like you're making it sound.

Titty Meat 03-08-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12773882)
They'll win 12 games next year again.

They may lose early in the playoffs, but they'll win double digits again.

Doubt it. Lucky to win 12 last year with a leaky defense and a declining Alex Smith.

RunKC 03-08-2017 12:13 PM

This bullshit about "next year" is so ****ing stupid. How many high picks are up to their hype? Luck sure hasn't been. Eli and Big Ben won with great teams/coaching.

Brees, Brady, Carr, Wilson, Dak, Romo, Rodgers, Flacco, Kaepernick, Cousins, etc.

All these QB's were considered "developmental" types like this QB class. Really there is no elite QB. Great teams with solid QB's win all the time.

**** this 2018 QB class bullshit. If there's a guy like Mahommes that you like, take him. This team was a decent QB away from the AFCCG.

O.city 03-08-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12773919)
Doubt it. Lucky to win 12 last year with a leaky defense and a declining Alex Smith.

Their whole front 7 was hurt though. That and another added draft and development of this year, they'll be good. They've got a top 5 coaching staff and front office.

raybec 4 03-08-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12773945)
Their whole front 7 was hurt though. That and another added draft and development of this year, they'll be good. They've got a top 5 coaching staff and front office.

Yeah, people keep screaming about the run D, but having 2 D linemen and the entire starting lb corps on IR is a huge part of that. I fully agree we need a new starter to replace DJ and someone next to him as well. To act like those injuries weren't a factor is just being dishonest.

Titty Meat 03-08-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12773945)

I don't imagine well sweep the division win at New England or Dallas plus we play Pittsburgh again. I hope I'm right this team needs to a chance at a good QB and the front office needs to be humbled.

O.city 03-08-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12774047)
I don't imagine well sweep the division win at New England or Dallas plus we play Pittsburgh again. I hope I'm right this team needs to a chance at a good QB and the front office needs to be humbled.

Humbled? For what? They've been good, act accordingly.

I doubt they sweep the division, but they'll win tough games.

SAGA45 03-08-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12763911)
Casserly say's there are no legit 1st rdrs this year and a handful of teams will get burned because of their need pushing these guys up from actual 3rd to 4th rd actual talent. Is he correct ??

Yes

Kiimo 03-09-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12772133)
So when or how do you suggest we find a quarterback?

Trade picks to move to the top of the 2nd and take the best QB then. I'd prefer to draft BPA in the first and Mahomes in the 2nd if he's there.