ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

mr. tegu 02-22-2013 02:31 PM

Just watched Argo last night. It was a very good movie with heightened suspense almost the whole way through.

Pepe Silvia 02-22-2013 06:18 PM

I thought it was great as well, I have to admit Ben Affleck isn't the greatest actor but the man can direct. He's 2 for 2 with me as a director with Argo and The Towne.

PunkinDrublic 02-22-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9413513)
If anyone likes Mike Bribiglia, he's got a nice sleeper film called "Sleepwalk with me." Short and just pure entertaining film.

That was a fantastic movie. Very realistic portrayal of how tough it is to develop a standup act.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9426476)
I thought it was great as well, I have to admit Ben Affleck isn't the greatest actor but the man can direct. He's 2 for 2 with me as a director with Argo and The Towne.

3 for 3

Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo

Pepe Silvia 02-22-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9426508)
3 for 3

Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo

I haven't seen Gone Baby Gone but I imagine its good. I'll have to check that out.

BigMeatballDave 02-23-2013 01:47 PM

Perks of being a Wallflower was pretty good.

Miles 02-23-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9426476)

Just watched Argo and thought Affleck's acting was also damn good in this one.

chiefzilla1501 02-23-2013 07:13 PM

Saw a few interesting movies. For anyone who enjoys really uncomfortable movies, "Young Adult" is good -- Charlize Theron plays a character who you just want to repeatedly toss in front of a moving train, and she plays it really well.

I know the reviews were pretty iffy for "Seeking a Friend for the end of the world", but I liked it. As like as you treat it like two separate movies that were kind of rushed in delivery. I just like movies that use good musical sequences and this had some real good ones.

chiefzilla1501 02-23-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9406486)
"Safety Not Guaranteed" is on Netflix now. Good movie.

Loved the movie and think it is an absolute sham that it wasn't nominated for any major Oscars. There's a lot to be said for a script written so well that it requires pretty much no budget or gimmicks to pull it off.

patteeu 02-24-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9429541)
Saw a few interesting movies. For anyone who enjoys really uncomfortable movies, "Young Adult" is good -- Charlize Theron plays a character who you just want to repeatedly toss in front of a moving train, and she plays it really well.

I know the reviews were pretty iffy for "Seeking a Friend for the end of the world", but I liked it. As like as you treat it like two separate movies that were kind of rushed in delivery. I just like movies that use good musical sequences and this had some real good ones.

I liked "Seeking a Friend..." too. I'm not sure what your two separate movies is about, but I liked the musical sequences.

chiefzilla1501 02-24-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9431156)
I liked "Seeking a Friend..." too. I'm not sure what your two separate movies is about, but I liked the musical sequences.

I've heard a few people talk about how it pretty abruptly moves from a sarcastic comedy to more of a romantic comedy. I didn't really feel that way, but when you read that criticism, I can see why some people found it a bit jarring. Think some people might enjoy the movie more if they knew going in that it's a pretty funny movie, but it's not meant to be a pure comedy, despite how it starts off.

patteeu 02-24-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9431164)
I've heard a few people talk about how it pretty abruptly moves from a sarcastic comedy to more of a romantic comedy. I didn't really feel that way, but when you read that criticism, I can see why some people found it a bit jarring. Think some people might enjoy the movie more if they knew going in that it's a pretty funny movie, but it's not meant to be a pure comedy, despite how it starts off.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

The Franchise 02-25-2013 10:30 AM

Watched "End of Watch" and "Flight" this weekend. Both good movies.....although I think I liked "End of Watch" better.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-25-2013 01:28 PM

EoW was pretty good. I saw Flight on Friday, and honestly I think it would have been a better movie if he'd have remain an asshole to the end.

Nzoner 02-25-2013 06:16 PM

Watched a pretty decent horror film over the weekend called Intruders.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VAE9OApjBYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>