ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-22-2009 02:00 PM

[quote=blaise;5917420]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5917399)

In the world we live in they make abortions like the Bad News Bears with Billy Bob Thorton.

http://www.defensetech.org/images/nuke-explosion.jpg

Frazod 07-22-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5915805)
Well, I got the last blu-ray Watchmen that Blockbuster had. I'll either watch it later tonight or tomorrow.

Just got done watching Watchmen.

Wow.

Just.... ****ing WOW.

Amazing, magnificent, next-level movie. Moved me on a level only a handful of movies have. I've never seen a film where so much effort was put into every single shot. Great... everything.

I will immediately buy the blu-ray and kick myself in the ass for not seeing this in the theater.

On a 10 scale, this is a 20.

KcMizzou 07-22-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5918881)

Wow.

Just.... ****ing WOW.

Amazing, magnificent, next-level movie. Moved me on a level only a handful of movies have. I've never seen a film where so much effort was put into every single shot. Great... everything.

I will immediately buy the blu-ray and kick myself in the ass for not seeing this in the theater.

Wow. I kinda thought you might hate it, to be honest...

It's certainly not for everyone.

Very cool.

Now you should pick up a copy of the book.

Frazod 07-22-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5918902)
Wow. I kinda thought you might hate it, to be honest...

It's certainly not for everyone.

Very cool.

Now you should pick up a copy of the book.

Definitely not for everyone, but a little something for everybody. I was surprised by the gore level. And the sex level (although I was bummed that Carla Gugino didn't get naked :grr: ). The director's cut was extremely long, but I didn't care because I enjoyed it so much. Knowing nothing about it going in, I was just amazed.

I kept dreading that it would be some ****tarded Coen brothers ending that would make me want to kill everybody who recommended it, but thankfully that didn't happen.

Buehler445 07-22-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5918919)
Definitely not for everyone, but a little something for everybody. I was surprised by the gore level. And the sex level (although I was bummed that Carla Gugino didn't get naked :grr: ). The director's cut was extremely long, but I didn't care because I enjoyed it so much. Knowing nothing about it going in, I was just amazed.

I kept dreading that it would be some ****tarded Coen brothers ending that would make me want to kill everybody who recommended it, but thankfully that didn't happen.

ROFL

After seeing such diverse movie tastes approve, I'm going to have to see it immediately. I thought it may be too in depth for me not reading the GN.

Stryker 07-22-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5904852)
watched 'the brave one' and it was a pretty good rent, kindve depressing and dark for sure. jodie foster is pretty good in the movie.

have 'the rocker', 'push' and 'flyboys' at home now from netflix...anyone seen these?

Flyboys is real good. Have not seen the other 2.

Frazod 07-22-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5918926)
ROFL

After seeing such diverse movie tastes approve, I'm going to have to see it immediately. I thought it may be too in depth for me not reading the GN.

It bounces back and forth between the past and present with gleeful reckless abandon, but if you pay attention it's easy enough to follow.

Reaper16 07-22-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Wow.

Just.... ****ing WOW.

I'm glad you liked it. I actually thought that you wouldn't, given that it is "artistic" on a similar (if not higher) level than No Country For Old Men, which you disliked.

I liked this film a lot, too. I can say, however, that the source material -- the graphic novel -- is better than the film. Each time I read the graphic novel it is an absolute joy... well, insofar as a bleak, depressing account of individual helplessness can be.

Frazod 07-23-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5918969)
I'm glad you liked it. I actually thought that you wouldn't, given that it is "artistic" on a similar (if not higher) level than No Country For Old Men, which you disliked.

I liked this film a lot, too. I can say, however, that the source material -- the graphic novel -- is better than the film. Each time I read the graphic novel it is an absolute joy... well, insofar as a bleak, depressing account of individual helplessness can be.

I liked MOST of NCFOM. I hated the ending. If this movie had had a shitty annoying ending, I would have hated it as well. It didn't.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

I keep telling you....

Of course I'm not the best judge. I paid to see T4 and Angels/Demons and need to see Transformers before it leaves theaters.

But shit, that's what ginormous screens are for.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-23-2009 09:29 AM

Transformers are the ****ing Labradoodle of cartoons brought to the big screen. It was ghey in the 80's, and OH YES; it still sucks now!

Fire Me Boy! 07-23-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5919367)
Transformers are the ****ing Labradoodle of cartoons brought to the big screen. It was ghey in the 80's, and OH YES; it still sucks now!

It would make a barely passable movie... slash labradoodle.

KCUnited 07-23-2009 09:37 AM

I'll be holding out for the blu-ray release of TF3: Rise of the Gobots.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-23-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5919375)
It would make a barely passable movie... slash labradoodle.

Very nice Doctor, very nice. :D:clap:

Simply Red 07-23-2009 10:11 AM

older but I enjoyed, The American Haunting last night, w/ Donald Sutherland and Sissy Spacek.