ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-31-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5442705)
Nick Cage looked like a goofball, but I still liked it. I think the deaf chick made it a little better than it should have been.
The whole "apprentice" thing was bullshit though.

That, and him not wearing gloves on important jobs, not being able to shoot the guy in the boat and then turning into ****ing Martin Riggs in the factory shootout, and just drawing way too much attention to himself in general.

Maybe it's because I read the banned guide on contract killing from Paladin Press a few weeks ago (and watched Collateral)...but it was like taking the worst elements from Leon, Collateral, and Hitman, and putting them all together.

Jerm 01-31-2009 08:38 AM

Finally got to check out Green Street Hooligans last night.

What an awesome movie, loved every bit of it. Being an avid soccer lover made it easier to enjoy but I thought it was an all around great flick.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-31-2009 09:25 AM

saw Gran Torino last night. Overall decent movie, but Clint's acting and the acting of Toad were pretty bad.

Interesting story though...

Miles 01-31-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5441592)
And speaking of Vin Diesel fueled sci/fi, anyone have a review of Babylon A.D.?

I rented it with low expectations because of the poor reviews but am usually interested in any sci-fi/action flick. The first half or so was actually pretty solid but it imploded in the last half hour.

KcMizzou 01-31-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 5442992)
saw Gran Torino last night. Overall decent movie, but Clint's acting and the acting of Toad were pretty bad.

Interesting story though...

Kyle's gonna ban you.

Portlantis 01-31-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5443265)
Kyle's gonna ban you.

Yep. According to AustinChief, Gran Torino was a classic on par with The Godfather and Citizen Kane.

Fire Me Boy! 01-31-2009 02:49 PM

Just got home from Taken.

It's what you expect. Check your brain at the door and enjoy the ride. I wasn't overwhelmed, but similarly I wasn't disappointed.

The wife really liked it.

Buehler445 01-31-2009 02:52 PM

I think I will be seeing this one.

Sure-Oz 01-31-2009 03:11 PM

I'm watching T2 on bluray...i noticed one of the guys from 24 that was in past seasons is john's step dad or whatever lol

I forgot how cool this movie was, even though the effects are definetly a bit outdated. Also forgot how badass Arnold was too.

Reaper16 01-31-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5443851)
I'm watching T2 on bluray...i noticed one of the guys from 24 that was in past seasons is john's step dad or whatever lol

Yeah, he played George Mason in seasons 1 and 2.

Sure-Oz 01-31-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5444083)
Yeah, he played George Mason in seasons 1 and 2.

haha yes, george mason was a badass

Deberg_1990 01-31-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5443851)

I forgot how cool this movie was, even though the effects are definetly a bit outdated. Also forgot how badass Arnold was too.

Great flick. Never gets old.

Nzoner 01-31-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5443752)
Just got home from Taken.

It's what you expect. Check your brain at the door and enjoy the ride. I wasn't overwhelmed, but similarly I wasn't disappointed.

The wife really liked it.

Starts like a rollercoaster in that the first part takes a bit to get to the real fun but once it clears the top get ready for a non-stop thrill ride.If you like lots of action,violence including big body counts and seeing the bad guys get the holy shit kicked out of them don't miss it.

Liam Neeson was very good in the role and at times made Jack Bauer look like a boy scout.

Good popcorn flick

Fire Me Boy! 02-01-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 5445115)
Starts like a rollercoaster in that the first part takes a bit to get to the real fun but once it clears the top get ready for a non-stop thrill ride.If you like lots of action,violence including big body counts and seeing the bad guys get the holy shit kicked out of them don't miss it.

Liam Neeson was very good in the role and at times made Jack Bauer look like a boy scout.

Good popcorn flick

Spoiler!

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-01-2009 01:14 AM

Brian Mills is officially one of the 5-10 baddest mother****ers in the history of action movies after that performance.