ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc How dangerous is Turkey (the country) these days? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306266)

el borracho 02-27-2017 05:08 PM

How dangerous is Turkey (the country) these days?

Would love to visit Turkey, but a lot of scary sh!! in recent news. Anyone have any feel for how dangerous it really is? Has anyone actually been? Are the archaeological sites worth risking my life, or should I shelve the idea for a few decades?

Dartgod 02-27-2017 05:09 PM

If you go, bring me back some hashish.

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-27-2017 05:10 PM

People actually visit Turkey?

SAUTO 02-27-2017 05:12 PM

I fall asleep after I get done.

stumppy 02-27-2017 05:13 PM

I'm going to have to know where you stand on our QB situation before I answer.

el borracho 02-27-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12759584)
If you go, bring me back some hashish.

No. Not a chance.

stumppy 02-27-2017 05:17 PM

Watching Midnight Express pretty much killed any chance I would ever go to Turkey.

el borracho 02-27-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12759596)
I'm going to have to know where you stand on our QB situation before I answer.

I watched every second of every Chiefs game for decades but I haven't watched a single game since the trade for Smith became official. I won't watch another until the Chiefs get serious (my opinion) at the QB position.

Chief Pagan 02-27-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12759586)
People actually visit Turkey?

Sure.

I mean if you count Syrians on their way to Europe...

stumppy 02-27-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 12759611)
I watched every second of every Chiefs game for decades but I haven't watched a single game since the trade for Smith became official. I won't watch another until the Chiefs get serious (my opinion) at the QB position.

Damn ! How......insightful of you.
OK, only thing I know about Turkey is from a friends daughter who went there for her husbands work. She seemed to enjoy it. Personally, the only way I would go to any country in the mid east is if I was being paid to. Paid very well.

EDIT: If you haven't watched Midnight Express you should.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-27-2017 05:24 PM

Anybody wanting to visit Turkey has either one of two things: Balls the size of coconuts or a brain the size of a pea.

Iowanian 02-27-2017 05:26 PM

There were jokes about the brutality of Turkish prisons in the 70s.

Now, roaming hordes of covered face, cousin lovers are dulling their blades upon sandstone so it takes longer to cut the heads off of unpleasant looking, fanny pack wearing, gogurt eating people like you.

el borracho 02-27-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12759623)
Damn ! How......insightful of you.
OK, only thing I know about Turkey is from a friends daughter who went there for her husbands work. She seemed to enjoy it. Personally, the only way I would go to any country in the mid east is if I was being paid to. Paid very well.

EDIT: If you haven't watched Midnight Express you should.

Did she tour the country or just hang out in one area? How long was she in-country? What all did she see and enjoy the most?

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-27-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 12759655)
Did she tour the country or just hang out in one area? How long was she in-country? What all did she see and enjoy the most?

Why not visit Syria instead. They are hungry for tourists.

stumppy 02-27-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 12759655)

I'm sorry but it was about 4 or 5 years ago. And most of what she had to say about it was posted on her facebook page. I don't do facebook. I remember talking to her when they came back and she didn't really have anything bad to say about their stay there and sounded like they all enjoyed the experience. I think they were there for about a year. That's about all I got.

EDIT: I do remember her talking about going to a few different touristy places while they were there.