ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320388)

Pats59-1 01-17-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14046780)
Is this a joke? For starters, Brady has not thrown 50+ passes in any game this season. His high was 45 against Buffalo in October. You know what came in tied for second? Sunday's game against the Chargers at 44. Next? December's game against the Dolphins at 43. Good thing they've completely changed up how much they're relying upon Brady to throw the ball. It's only interesting that it doesn't show up in the stats, but I'll take you at your word because no Patriots fan trolling a Chiefs message board would ever be disingenuous.

Whatever. An insane amount for an older QB. He used to choose to throw 45-50+ from 2007-2012 and that's why BB drafted Garoppolo.

Brady though he could throw more, which meant winning more. As you can see, in the postseason those years, without any commitment to the run, the offense stalled.

Did you watch last week's game or no?

Imon Yourside 01-17-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 14046774)
He's talking about how we beat them in Foxboro last year.

Right I kept thinking the Home opener was in Arrowhead but correct it was at NE.

RobertWeathers 01-17-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 14046783)
You know I kept thinking that was in KC, my bad.

Its all good.

Chief_N_Bama 01-17-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats59-1 (Post 14046779)
Umm, that's true. Everyone knows that. NE is notoriously inconsistent early only to build and peak later.

Do you watch the NFL?

75% of the league blows and is either in a cap hell or rebuilding, so many teams GET WORSE as the season goes due to poorly built rosters with a lack of depth.

Look at who you played at home this year. You lost to Baltimore with a Tebow QB and almost nothing else to worry about offensively.

NE was decimated by key injuries last year. This year? Not so much.

Spells trouble for KC, especially with an ornery Pats team coming to town who everyone and the media has been telling them how bad they are now.

This is the Pats, not the Ravens, Chargers, or whoever else you're used to seeing.

ROFLROFLROFL

Are you trying to be this stupid?

TwistedChief 01-17-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats59-1 (Post 14046785)
Whatever. An insane amount for an older QB. He used to choose to throw 45-50+ from 2007-2012 and that's why BB drafted Garoppolo.

Brady though he could throw more, which meant winning more. As you can see, in the postseason those years, without any commitment to the run, the offense stalled.

Did you watch last week's game or no?

So your argument just went from:
"We're running a totally different offense than we did earlier in the season."

to

"We're running a totally different offense than we did in 2007-2012."

Cool.

Yehoodi 01-17-2019 10:57 AM

The point RobertWeathers is making is that HFA is not the be all end all.

Would we pats fans rather be home - sure, no travel, less noise while offense is on the field, reverse for opponent, etc.

But in the end, one has to play where one plays and good teams can travel and win in other stadiums. It is a single elimination any given Sunday game where anything could happen.

The pats have won big games in the past Pitt '04 and SD '06 and have also lost in the past Indy '06, Denver '13 and '15.

The good thing is that we are healthy something that we are not always at this point in the season.

We have the horses to win this game and if we execute on Sunday, the game will be a lot closer that what KC fans think it will be.

Pats59-1 01-17-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama (Post 14046781)
Literally, every other thing these NE trolls spout is objectively false. It's like they just started following the NFL last week...

Right. Says a homer of homers unable to answer simple questions and not grasping how NE was running their offense earlier in the year is totally different, which makes THE WHOLE TEAM BETTER.

NE's D carried them for months as the Pats STs and Red Zone offense SUCKED.

It's called complimentary football. It was on my tv screen last Sunday vs SD and it will be again this Sunday, whether you want to be this ignorant or not.

The question is, can KC play a better brand of it, which the facts say NO.

NE's secondary alone and those match ups favoring NE, allow NE to dictate more than usual on D.

NE has the best OL and Secondary left in the postseason, but keep pissing in the wind in denial of this.

bdj23 01-17-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats59-1 (Post 14046779)
Umm, that's true. Everyone knows that. NE is notoriously inconsistent early only to build and peak later.

Do you watch the NFL?

75% of the league blows and is either in a cap hell or rebuilding, so many teams GET WORSE as the season goes due to poorly built rosters with a lack of depth.

Look at who you played at home this year. You lost to Baltimore with a Tebow QB and almost nothing else to worry about offensively.

NE was decimated by key injuries last year. This year? Not so much.

Spells trouble for KC, especially with an ornery Pats team coming to town who everyone and the media has been telling them how bad they are now.

This is the Pats, not the Ravens, Chargers, or whoever else you're used to seeing.

Is your name Jason by chance, or are New England fans the NPCs of the NFL?

One of my best friends is a Pat's fan and I get this argument almost verbatim from him every time I gave him shit about NE dropping one this year and the Chiefs being the 1 seed.

Pats59-1 01-17-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yehoodi (Post 14046794)
The point RobertWeathers is making is that HFA is not the be all end all.

Would we pats fans rather be home - sure, no travel, less noise while offense is on the field, reverse for opponent, etc.

But in the end, one has to play where one plays and good teams can travel and win in other stadiums. It is a single elimination any given Sunday game where anything could happen.

The pats have won big games in the past Pitt '04 and SD '06 and have also lost in the past Indy '06, Denver '13 and '15.

The good thing is that we are healthy something that we are not always at this point in the season.

We have the horses to win this game and if we execute on Sunday, the game will be a lot closer that what KC fans think it will be.

They don't want facts. They don't like logic or common sense either.

They're leaning so heavily on this "HFA" concept, there are more OTHER important keys to the game, one of them who gets ahead first. That's huge more so than where this game is played.

If NE wins the toss and storms down the field like last week with the ball spread around everywhere, and Michel doing his thing, THAT is more important than where this game is played.

Marcellus 01-17-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats59-1 (Post 14046553)
30+ points coming for NE at Arrowhead.

You are aware the Chiefs haven't given up 30 pts at home in 34 straight games right? I assume you are also aware NE has the 31st ranked road defense.

Pats59-1 01-17-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 14046796)
Is your name Jason by chance, or are New England fans the NPCs of the NFL?

One of my best friends is a Pat's fan and I get this argument almost verbatim from him every time I gave him shit about NE dropping one this year and the Chiefs being the 1 seed.

Which part, "verbatim"?

All the facts I typed? How many years do you think BB and Brady have been doing this and why do you people act like this is the Texans, Chargers, Titans, Ravens, etc?

It's befuddling.

Pats59-1 01-17-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14046799)
You are aware the Chiefs haven't given up 30 pts at home in 34 straight games right?

Correct. That's about to change. Show us the QBs you faced at home in those games.

Manning has been retired for years in that division. You saw what NE did to cement shoes Rivers.

Name me the QBs:

TwistedChief 01-17-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats59-1 (Post 14046797)
They don't want facts.

You just told us Brady threw 50+ times a game earlier in the season...subsequently proven false.

You just told us we lost to Baltimore...subsequently proven false.

RollChiefsRoll 01-17-2019 11:02 AM

Just stop responding to this ****ing troglodyte.

Sassy Squatch 01-17-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats59-1 (Post 14046797)
They don't want facts. They don't like logic or common sense either.

They're leaning so heavily on this "HFA" concept, there are more OTHER important keys to the game, one of them who gets ahead first. That's huge more so than where this game is played.

If NE wins the toss and storms down the field like last week with the ball spread around everywhere, and Michel doing his thing, THAT is more important than where this game is played.

Dude. You just got depantsed with your dumbass stat about the number of passes being thrown and the fact that you didn't even know the Chiefs beat the Ravens. Shut your dumb ass up about "facts."