ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KCChiefsMan 01-06-2009 03:47 AM

just watched Millers Crossing for the first time. I have to give that one 2 thumbs up!

blaise 01-06-2009 08:24 AM

"What's the rumpus Tom?"

Frazod 01-06-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5361640)
just watched Millers Crossing for the first time. I have to give that one 2 thumbs up!

That's one of my favorites, and certainly my favorite Coen Bros. movie.

DeepPurple 01-06-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 5360288)
Requiem For A Dream

Wow. I forgot how brutal this movie can be. Not sure whether to applaud it or hate it for existing. Incredible.

Over on IMDB main page besides being able to watch movie trailers you can now watch full length movies and classic TV epsidoes. They have many titles to choose from, click on the "Watch It" link in the middle of the page. I heard so much talk about the new film "The Wrestler" and the director Darren Aronofsky, so I watched "Requiem For a Dream" from IMDB on my computer last week. I wasn't that impressed, gave it a 6, I think I'm just tired of any drug related stories. I also wasn't crazy about his last film "The Fountain".

Fire Me Boy! 01-06-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 5362137)
Over on IMDB main page besides being able to watch movie trailers you can now watch full length movies and classic TV epsidoes. They have many titles to choose from, click on the "Watch It" link in the middle of the page. I heard so much talk about the new film "The Wrestler" and the director Darren Aronofsky, so I watched "Requiem For a Dream" from IMDB on my computer last week. I wasn't that impressed, gave it a 6, I think I'm just tired of any drug related stories. I also wasn't crazy about his last film "The Fountain".

The Fountain was ****in' weird.

Frazod 01-06-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5362223)
The Fountain was ****in' weird.

Is that the one with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz? Yeah, it was weird, but I kind of liked it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-06-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5362232)
Is that the one with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz? Yeah, it was weird, but I kind of liked it.

Is that the one where the guy lives in a crystal ball-lookin' thingy?

Frazod 01-06-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5362245)
Is that the one where the guy lives in a crystal ball-lookin' thingy?

Yeah, the bubble floating through space with the big tree in it.

Trippy.

blaise 01-06-2009 12:23 PM

Pi was pretty weird too. Good though.

Miles 01-06-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 5361623)
Oh man, that would be awesome. What a great movie. Have you seen the other movies in the Vengeance Trilogy?

I have seen the other two but it has been a while. They were both pretty good and had a similar style but overall just didn't work as well as Old Boy. Of the two I probably prefer Lady Vengeance.

There is another from the same director before he made the Vengeance Trilogy, "Joint Security Area" which I have been meaning to check out for a while on Netflix Instant.

Sure-Oz 01-06-2009 03:33 PM

Looks like i got

Freedom Writers, Bangkok Dangerous and Righteous Kill heading my way from netflix

let you know how they are

Miles 01-06-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5362936)
Looks like i got

Freedom Writers, Bangkok Dangerous and Righteous Kill heading my way from netflix

let you know how they are

You did better than me. The only Tuesday release heading my way is the blu-ray of Babylon A.D. which has an interesting enough premise for me to give it a chance but I and anticipating a shitfest.

Sure-Oz 01-06-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5362986)
You did better than me. The only Tuesday release heading my way is the blu-ray of Babylon A.D. which has an interesting enough premise for me to give it a chance but I and anticipating a shitfest.

I had that on the top 5 of my Que and its at very long wait, but all my newer ones are set to Blu-Ray so that might be why. I did come off with a decent haul this week. The last 2 or 3 weeks ive been able to get the new releases quick. Previously id have to wait atleast 2 weeks.

Miles 01-06-2009 04:36 PM

I watched a lot of movies over the holidays.

"Hellboy 2": Waited a long time to finally get this one on blu-ray. I found it to be pretty entertaining an del Toro's style was great as usual. Probably like it a little better than the first one.

"Wall-e": Amazing visuals and sound on a movie I largely rented as blu-ray eye candy. I was a little surprised how much I ended up enjoying it and found that the movie lived up the hype.

"Ghost Town": Wasn't expecting that much because of the mediocre review but like Ricky Gervais' subtle dry humor. Ended up enjoying this one a decent amount.

"Death Race": Thought there may be a chance this could be a decent bad movie with lots of action. Nope, it was a piece of shit as advertised.

"Traitor": Mediocre but decent enough to rent. Disappointing considering the cast and how solid the trailers looked back when this was in the theaters.

"The Tunnel": German flick about the earlier days of the Berlin Wall and a group of people that build a tunnel under it. Engaging story and fast paced despite it being somewhat long. Very good and particularly worthwhile if you enjoyed "The Lives of Others". Definitely recommend this one.

"Encounters at the End of the World": Documentary by Warner Herzog (guy who made Grizzly Man) about people living in Antarctica. Pretty interesting with some good visuals.

"Step Brothers": Had a few decent moments but largely terrible.

"Letters from Iwo Jima": Never got around till now but it was really damn good. Surprising how much better it was than the mediocre (by Eastwood standards) Flags of Our Father.

"I'm Not There": Lasted about and hour and fifteen minuted into this one before I just couldn't take it anymore and shut it off (thoughts of stopping it started to occur less than 30 minutes into it). I can't even recall the last time I wasn't able to make it though something but this one did it. I have never been a big Dylan fan but found this one to be pretentious and boring. I realize that it was unconventional but I found myself simply not caring enough to continue putting the pieces together.

Miles 01-06-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5363108)
I had that on the top 5 of my Que and its at very long wait, but all my newer ones are set to Blu-Ray so that might be why. I did come off with a decent haul this week. The last 2 or 3 weeks ive been able to get the new releases quick. Previously id have to wait atleast 2 weeks.

I was really hoping for two of them since Netflix received both of my discs on Monday but it didn't happen this time around. It has taken me a long ass time to get some of these new releases on Blu-Ray if I miss them on the release date but they still seem to be coming at a decent enough rate.