ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** Official Kansas State vs Kansas Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271209)

Chiefs Pantalones 03-16-2013 06:57 PM

@mchalmers15: Congrats to my Jayhawks on another big 12 championship. Rock chalk. Get ready for the big dance now. The real season starts now

Chiefs Pantalones 03-16-2013 07:08 PM

@FakeJeffWithey: You guys wanna hear a funny joke? KState is still gonna hang a banner and call themselves Big 12 champs #0For3

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 07:11 PM

As usual, we had our opportunity in the first half and failed to capitalize. Is does us no good if KU is struggling on offense if we are too. We can't just hang with them and hope to be there at the end. We have to get points early when KU is off to give us a buffer when they get on a roll. And we never do. We just always play so damned tight against them. It is completely a psyche thing.

WilliamTheIrish 03-16-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9506984)
As usual, we had our opportunity in the first half and failed to capitalize. Is does us no good if KU is struggling on offense if we are too. We can't just hang with them and hope to be there at the end. We have to get points early when KU is off to give us a buffer when they get on a roll. And we never do. We just always play so damned tight against them. It is completely a psyche thing.

No, it's a talent thing.

Mr. Plow 03-16-2013 07:15 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8908967_n.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk 03-16-2013 07:16 PM

...and a coaching thing.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-16-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9506999)

LMAO

BTW, That crossover by EJ through Spraddling's legs needs to be a #SCtop10

Shogun 03-16-2013 07:21 PM

tharpe did it too

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9506997)
No, it's a talent thing.

Absolutely part of it. But look at what we did to Okie Lite last night. And they have some true NBA talent.

There is no reason we shouldn't have won earlier this year in MHK. BOTH teams played like crap. There is no reason we couldn't have won tonight. Hell, if we had gotten up early in Lawrence there is a possibility with them on their losing streak they could have folded.

Talent is certainly an issue but, the mental aspect should not be ignored.

KC_Connection 03-16-2013 07:22 PM

KU is just a far better team than KSU. That's just the simple way to say it. It was clear before today's game and it's even clearer now.

ArrowheadHawk 03-16-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9506999)

ROFL

KC_Connection 03-16-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9507016)
Absolutely part of it. But look at what we did to Okie Lite last night. And they have some true NBA talent.

There is no reason we shouldn't have won earlier this year in MHK. BOTH teams played like crap. There is no reason we couldn't have won tonight. Hell, if we had gotten up early in Lawrence there is a possibility with them on their losing streak they could have folded.

I do agree that there does seem to be a bit of a mental block there with KSU. They haven't played their best ball against KU (although that is partially because of KU's stiffling defense).

Raiderhater 03-16-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9507029)
I do agree that there does seem to be a bit of a mental block there with KSU. They haven't played their best ball against KU (although that is partially because of KU's stiffling defense).

And I do not mean to take away anything from KU's defense. But the Cats get plenty of open shots, and brick or air ball most of the time. That is just playing to damned tight. They have this huge monkey on their shoulders, they know it, and try to hard to force it off. And as a result shoot like shit and make a lot of other mental errors.

WilliamTheIrish 03-16-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9507016)

Talent is the major disparity between great programs and good, decent programs. The first game was not in doubt inside the last 5 minutes. They stretched it to 10 and we hit a few threes to keep it close.

Today was what I've been waiting to see. That Weber is total puss. If that's me or Frank, I'm taking the T to get the officials attention, just like Self did yesterday. Give up two FT's in trade for the next two or three foul calls.
Instead, he stood there like neck brace Wooly giggling like ****ing tard. Or jamming his hands in his pockets.

The players deserved a better coach today. And I'm afraid we'll be saying that for the next 4 years.

chief4life 03-16-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9507029)

This :thumb: