ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***** The Official Chiefs vs. Ravens game day thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333864)

Munson 09-28-2020 08:25 AM

I've got a rare Monday off from work, so I'll be able to enjoy the entire game.

Now let's rip the heads off these Ratbirds, and shit down their necks!!!

Easy 6 09-28-2020 08:39 AM

Ross Tucker said on the DP show earlier to expect a double digits Ravens win... LMAO

Marcellus 09-28-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15197435)
Ross Tucker said on the DP show earlier to expect a double digits Ravens win... LMAO

Mahomes has never lost by more than what 7 points? I mean I guess its eventfully going to happen but people seem to forget this.

Easy 6 09-28-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15197436)
Mahomes has never lost by more than what 7 points? I mean I guess its eventfully going to happen but people seem to forget this.

Pretty sure that’s correct, and yeah it’ll happen one day... but not today!

Mecca 09-28-2020 08:44 AM

Ross Tucker seems to be the latest talking head that really doesn't like the Chiefs being good.

DRM08 09-28-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15197436)

Bound to happen at some point. I do hope the players are seeing these predictions and will have a chip on their shoulder tonight.

duncan_idaho 09-28-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15197435)

That's pretty stupid, but I kind of expect stupid from Tucker when it comes to the Chiefs. They are built antithetically to his preferred style of football, and the Ravens line up with his preferred style.

I'm interested to see what Spagnuolo deploys. His scheme last year against the Ravens was really effective (it forced Jackson into taking a lot of deep shots, which he didn't hit) and would have looked even better save for the two literal prayers Jackson managed to connect with that led to points for the Ravens.

I think we'll see an aggressive approach to stopping the Ravens' rush attack... four-man front with the ends playing contain and blitzing a linebacker (and possibly two) into the a gaps.

That leaves you susceptible to play-action over the middle unless you're bringing safeties down, but I think we see the S coming down a lot, with cover 1 and cover 0 most downs, especially early downs or run situation downs.

It leaves you susceptible to cutbacks and big plays, but I can live with giving up some big plays or even explosive scoring plays if that means the Ravens' offense isn't grinding down the field 4-5 yards at a time.

alanm 09-28-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 15197418)
I've got a rare Monday off from work, so I'll be able to enjoy the entire game.

Now let's rip the heads off these Ratbirds, and shit down their necks!!!

I gotta ****ing work tonight!! :banghead::mad::shake::spock: But I have the Dvr set. :thumb:

Mahomes_Is_God 09-28-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15197443)
Bound to happen at some point. I do hope the players are seeing these predictions and will have a chip on their shoulder tonight.

I just hope they play a lot better than last week. That shit was painful to watch. It was like they were all drunk.

TribalElder 09-28-2020 08:52 AM

Lets go!!!

DRM08 09-28-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 15197454)
I just hope they play a lot better than last week. That shit was painful to watch. It was like they were all drunk.

It was very ugly. They'll need to play a lot better the next 4 games. The bright side is they got to feel some adversity in the 4th quarter. That's not the worst thing in the world.

FloridaMan88 09-28-2020 08:54 AM

Chiefs haven't scored a TD on their first offensive drive of the game since the Bears game last December... they are due for a fast start.

DRM08 09-28-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15197448)
That's pretty stupid, but I kind of expect stupid from Tucker when it comes to the Chiefs. They are built antithetically to his preferred style of football, and the Ravens line up with his preferred style.

I'm interested to see what Spagnuolo deploys. His scheme last year against the Ravens was really effective (it forced Jackson into taking a lot of deep shots, which he didn't hit) and would have looked even better save for the two literal prayers Jackson managed to connect with that led to points for the Ravens.

I think we'll see an aggressive approach to stopping the Ravens' rush attack... four-man front with the ends playing contain and blitzing a linebacker (and possibly two) into the a gaps.

That leaves you susceptible to play-action over the middle unless you're bringing safeties down, but I think we see the S coming down a lot, with cover 1 and cover 0 most downs, especially early downs or run situation downs.

It leaves you susceptible to cutbacks and big plays, but I can live with giving up some big plays or even explosive scoring plays if that means the Ravens' offense isn't grinding down the field 4-5 yards at a time.

Much rather see Baltimore score quickly than allow them to do 8-10 minute scoring drives.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-28-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 15197398)
I say **** the crowd noise and just blast Metallica all game long. Play some One, Master of Puppets, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and maybe some Black Album. Now that would be a badass football game.

Nah man those turds get off to the white stripes for some reason. Shit isn't music at all. It's sub nickelback level awful.

mililo4cpa 09-28-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 15197179)
Last I heard it sounded like Sammy is likely to play but I don't think it's been confirmed yet.

He was full practice on Saturday, but still listed on the injury report as questionable. I actually think that is a great sign, given the severity of the hit and the location.