ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Decision to be made on #1 four days before draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271667)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-01-2013 05:17 PM

Decision to be made on #1 four days before draft

According to NFL network. Reid and Dorsey have narrowed it down to 4 players and meet three times a day to discuss. They report the final decision will be made 4 days before the draft. Also report that Albert has no intention of showing up at this time because he expects to be traded.

So who are the 4 ?

penbrook 04-01-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9547153)
According to NFL network. Reid and Dorsey have narrowed it down to 4 players and meet three times a day to discuss. They report the final decision will be made 4 days before the draft. Also report that Albert has no intention of showing up at this time because he expects to be traded.

So who are the 4 ?

Joeckel, Fisher, Jordan, Smith

Rain Man 04-01-2013 05:20 PM

They're meeting three times a day from now to the draft? Those conversations will get stale pretty quick.

I guess it is a pretty big investment, but it seems like you'd have fewer meetings that are longer. Like, maybe do a two-day retreat or something.

Rain Man 04-01-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9547158)

So...backup tackle, backup tackle, backup outside linebacker, or quarterback where we've had a blinding, crippling need for years?

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-01-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9547166)
They're meeting three times a day from now to the draft? Those conversations will get stale pretty quick.

I guess it is a pretty big investment, but it seems like you'd have fewer meetings that are longer. Like, maybe do a two-day retreat or something.

Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner

penbrook 04-01-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9547171)
So...backup tackle, backup tackle, backup outside linebacker, or quarterback where we've had a blinding, crippling need for years?

Its gonna be Geno. He meeting with club official tommorow.

Wonder if clark will be there..

KC_Lee 04-01-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9547177)
Breakfast , Brunch, Lunch , Dinner

FYP.

RunKC 04-01-2013 05:25 PM

Joeckel, Fisher, Jordan, Ansah

Deberg_1990 04-01-2013 05:26 PM

Joeckel , Joeckel , Joeckel and Joeckel
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 04-01-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9547158)

I think it'll be either Joeckel OR Fisher....not both. They'll determine which LT suits them best and go with him.

nychief 04-01-2013 05:30 PM

Reid (twirling phone cord in fingers): John..... Whachadoooiiinnnn?

Dorsey: Um, same thing I was doing when we spoke ten minutes ago.

Reid: Oh yeah? Whatchathinkinabout?

Dorsey: Um..... Geno Smith.

Reid: Ohmygod!!!! Me too!!!

Mr_Tomahawk 04-01-2013 05:32 PM

What's the source of this article?

O.city 04-01-2013 05:33 PM

Like Pest has said, I figure one of the LTs is out at this point. They'll pick which they like and fits the best. Same with Ansah and/or Jordan.

I figure it's Floyd, Smith, LT, Pass Rusher.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9547217)

I think he pulled it out of one of his hog's ass

AustinChief 04-01-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9547210)
Reid (twirling phone cord in fingers): John..... Whachadoooiiinnnn?

Dorsey: Um, same thing I was doing when we spoke ten minutes ago.

Reid: Oh yeah? Whatchathinkinabout?

Dorsey: Um..... Geno Smith.

Reid: Ohmygod!!!! Me too!!!

Proof that we're old... we think of phones as having cords....

O.city 04-01-2013 05:37 PM

What really sucks about this draft and where we are, is that there isn't really a player that a.) is really worth the first pick and b.) really fits in and would start where we currently sit right now.

Floyd maybe, but a DL that isn't dominant in the pass rush department at 1 is risky. But, I guess so is everyone else.

Personally, I'd rather have a OLB pass rusher or Richardson than Floyd.

O.city 04-01-2013 05:40 PM

Obviously I'd like there to be a QB sitting there (not getting into that whole debate at this point) but I wish there was a really dynamic WR like a Fitz or AJ Green there this year.

ChiefMojo 04-01-2013 05:42 PM

Oh there are definite 100% worthy prospects for #1 but many don't look at it that way because it isn't a QB.

Coogs 04-01-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9547217)

Not an article. The very first sentence of the OP says it was from the NFLNetwork. I saw it too. It was on Total Access.

Gravedigger 04-01-2013 05:44 PM

I'd say Joeckel/Fisher, Jordan, Milliner and Geno. If all statements of Geno and Milliner getting invited to KC to have private workouts are true you'd have to think that they hold Milliner in high regard.

O.city 04-01-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9547245)
Oh there are definite 100% worthy prospects for #1 but many don't look at it that way because it isn't a QB.

Who? A LT?

Yeah, there are some really good LT prospects, but it seems like there are the same type prospects in every draft. Same with the pass rushers.

R8RFAN 04-01-2013 05:45 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...97131944_n.jpg

penbrook 04-01-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9547253)
I'd say Joeckel/Fisher, Jordan, Milliner and Geno. If all statements of Geno and Milliner getting invited to KC to have private workouts are true you'd have to think that they hold Milliner in high regard.

Millner prob wont. I heard the Chiefs canceled his trip and hes visiting the Dolphins.

Well this should be fun. Branden Albert joins NFL Am tommorow to talk about who the Chiefs should draft.

ChiefMojo 04-01-2013 05:47 PM

Dion Jordan is worth the #1 pick IMO among Joeckel and Fisher.

MahiMike 04-01-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9547153)

So who are the 4 ?

Larry, Moe, Curley and Shemp.

O.city 04-01-2013 05:48 PM

I still think it will be either of the LT's, which sucks. I'd rather take a pass rusher with alot of upside. Although, taking Ansah at 1 would be a monster risk.

O.city 04-01-2013 05:51 PM

At 1, you're looking for a generational guy. I don't really see a day 1 Von Miller guy sitting there. Even the LT's will take some time, probably not as much as some of the others.

keg in kc 04-01-2013 05:52 PM

All of the guys we're talking about at 1.1 would be borderline middle- to late-first picks in a stronger draft class. It's really just a bunch of guys. Which doesn't mean that some of them won't be stars. But there's nobody special. At all. None of these prospects are really even close to 1.1 value in a normal year. Talk about Geno not being Luck all you want, but there's no Suh or Pace or Megatron or Deion or Peppers in this draft. Not even close. It's like the dirty little secret nobody wants to admit.

The Franchise 04-01-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9547287)
All of the guys we're talking about at 1.1 would be borderline middle- to late-first picks in a stronger draft class. It's really just a bunch of guys. Which doesn't mean that some of them won't be stars. But there's nobody special. At all. None of these prospects are really even close to 1.1 value in a normal year. Talk about Geno not being Luck all you want, but there's no Suh or Pace or Megatron or Deion or Peppers in this draft. Not even close. It's like the dirty little secret nobody wants to admit.

This.

The Franchise 04-01-2013 05:53 PM

This draft is going to be all about who you think has the highest upside and potential at 1.1.

O.city 04-01-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9547293)
This draft is going to be all about who you think has the highest upside and potential at 1.1.

This.

Some have started to really like Ansah, but man .......that would be an extremely risky pick. I get the upside, but dude could be Maybin 2.0.

ChiefMojo 04-01-2013 05:56 PM

If that is the case then I see Jordan, Ansah and Fisher with the biggest upside.

hometeam 04-01-2013 05:56 PM

I highly doubt the Chiefs come out and announce before the draft. With the rookie wage scale you have absolutely no reason to do that and neuter your options.

O.city 04-01-2013 05:57 PM

I just don't see it with Ansah. Yeah, he's got great physical production, but he wasn't produced on the football field quit to where his physical attributes say he should.

Now, he's only been playing for a short time so he could get there, but a guy like that at 1?

I dunno.

O.city 04-01-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9547307)
I highly doubt the Chiefs come out and announce before the draft. With the rookie wage scale you have absolutely no reason to do that and neuter your options.

What options? Either they trade down or they take whoever they want.

hometeam 04-01-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547316)
What options? Either they trade down or they take whoever they want.

You just answered your own question.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:00 PM

Well, I'd say they'll have a pretty good idea before draft day whether they can trade down or not.

Mr. Laz 04-01-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9547171)

technically it would be a backup quarterback too

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 06:02 PM

Would like to hear if TBG has any inside info on this

O.city 04-01-2013 06:04 PM

Did they ever have a pers. visit with Star?

Just Passin' By 04-01-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9547287)

It's 2009 without a Matthew Stafford. KC is picking the wrong years to suck.

hometeam 04-01-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547327)
Well, I'd say they'll have a pretty good idea before draft day whether they can trade down or not.

Yea, last second draft trades never come together in the 4 days leading up to the draft, or on draft day.

penbrook 04-01-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547339)
Did they ever have a pers. visit with Star?

Nope.

Did not know this but Geno has only worked out for the Bills and Eagles. Than us. Thats it..

O.city 04-01-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9547349)
Yea, last second draft trades never come together in the 4 days leading up to the draft, or on draft day.

Yeah, when certain people fall. There won't be a last second trade up for the 1st overall pick.

This pick will be like the Skins trading up last year. It will likely be determined well before the draft.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:12 PM

It's Joeckel. They just say these things to appease fans. "We had to think long and hard about our decision". They are lying. They have known for a while.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:13 PM

Trading for Alex Smith killed alot of our trade down chances. Teams know we aren't taking Geno, so if they want him they don't have to trade up to 1, if a team actually wanted to trade up for him that is.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547364)
Trading for Alex Smith killed alot of our trade down chances. Teams know we aren't taking Geno, so if they want him they don't have to trade up to 1, if a team actually wanted to trade up for him that is.

Jaguars fans are now hoping a team will trade up for a LT or Jordan. As if that would happen.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547359)
It's Joeckel. They just say these things to appease fans. "We had to think long and hard about our decision". They are lying. They have known for a while.

Would you just shut da **** up and go away !

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9547372)

Eat a dick.

Carlota69 04-01-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9547372)

He's like herpes.

penbrook 04-01-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547359)

So has bosschief accepted the deal.

Im still waiting on him.

TribalElder 04-01-2013 06:17 PM

lol

Just Passin' By 04-01-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547364)

None of the target teams that have trade for, or signed, a QB in the past couple of weeks, have invested so much money in those QBs that they couldn't take a QB at #1.

It's usually a bluff game when there's not a clear BPA, and we're probably seeing that again this year.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:17 PM

There just isn't much difference in about the top 15 players.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2013 06:18 PM

There's always a difference O. Always.

Like when people go I'd take this player, this player, or this player. 2 bust and they want their dick sucked for being "right" because 1 was good.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9547380)
None of the target teams that have trade for, or signed, a QB in the past couple of weeks, have invested so much money in those QBs that they couldn't take a QB at #1.

It's usually a bluff game when there's not a clear BPA, and we're probably seeing that again this year.

Sure. But I still don't see a team that just signed or traded for a QB, trading up that high to take one.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9547378)
So has bosschief accepted the deal.

Im still waiting on him.

I don't know. Last I heard he was at Dane's house having makeup sex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9547380)

It's more than money. You are also passing on other players.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9547385)
There's always a difference O. Always.

Like when people go I'd take this player, this player, or this player. 2 bust and they want their dick sucked for being "right" because 1 was good.

Obviously that seems to show how this draft at the top is pretty shitty.

It's like this years LT class. People say "there isn't much difference between the 3 in terms of etc yada yada".

Well, if there isn't much difference in the 3, is this year the best LT class ever? I believe DJ brought this up in regards to the current QB starters int he NFL, but if everyone is good, no one is good.

RunKC 04-01-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547370)
Jaguars fans are now hoping a team will trade up for a LT or Jordan. As if that would happen.

Nobody here gives a shit about the ****ing Jaguars.

You will always be irrelevant.

Just Passin' By 04-01-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547386)
Sure. But I still don't see a team that just signed or traded for a QB, trading up that high to take one.

I'm not saying someone will, just that they haven't done anything to definitively rule it out. Take a look at that 2009 draft. Outside of Stafford, where's the first game changing player? I think the QB suspects will be asking themselves the second part of that question about this draft, and one of them might just decide to take the leap if they don't see one around.

RunKC 04-01-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547230)
What really sucks about this draft and where we are, is that there isn't really a player that a.) is really worth the first pick and b.) really fits in and would start where we currently sit right now.

Floyd maybe, but a DL that isn't dominant in the pass rush department at 1 is risky. But, I guess so is everyone else.

Personally, I'd rather have a OLB pass rusher or Richardson than Floyd.

Joeckel, Fisher and Jordan are every bit worth the #1 pick IMO.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9547406)
Joeckel, Fisher and Jordan are every bit worth the #1 pick IMO.

Thing is, if we are gonna hold the QB class up to last years class to be worth the first pick, don't we have to hold the other positions up to that?

Is Jordan a Von Miller type guy? Don't see it.

Like I said in a previous post in regards to the LT, there seems to be some rhetoric out there about who's actually the best one. If thats the case, I don't see how you can make the case that ANY of the 3 are worth the first pick.

DoNow don't take this as me saying none of these guys could or wouldn't be taken first, but to sit there and say anyone in this class that will go in the top 10 per say isn't a mere mid to late first rounder in a normal draft is pretty tough to do.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2013 06:31 PM

There is always a difference O. One of those LT's will probably be a Pro Bowler, one average, and the other a scrub. It's the same shit every year.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9547415)
There is always a difference O. One of those LT's will probably be a Pro Bowler, one average, and the other a scrub. It's the same shit every year.

With the use of hindsight, sure, one will separate. But we don't have hindsight right now.

As prospects, which all these guys have to be viewed as at this point, they all 3 have flaws and you don't have a consensus that this guy is "the guy".

notorious 04-01-2013 06:35 PM

I don't have any idea why Joeckel is going to be #1. His flaws were obviously cloaked by amazing QB play.

RunKC 04-01-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547411)
Thing is, if we are gonna hold the QB class up to last years class to be worth the first pick, don't we have to hold the other positions up to that?

Is Jordan a Von Miller type guy? Don't see it.

Like I said in a previous post in regards to the LT, there seems to be some rhetoric out there about who's actually the best one. If thats the case, I don't see how you can make the case that ANY of the 3 are worth the first pick.

DoNow don't take this as me saying none of these guys could or wouldn't be taken first, but to sit there and say anyone in this class that will go in the top 10 per say isn't a mere mid to late first rounder in a normal draft is pretty tough to do.

Dion Jordan is not as good of pass rusher as Von, but he can do things better than him, like defend the pass, which is so important in today's NFL.

I think Dion Jordan is going to be a beast at the next level. And he's just getting started too.

I think he's going to be a double-digit sack artist for many years. IMO that's well worth the #1 pick in this draft.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9547424)
I don't have any idea why Joeckel is going to be #1. His flaws were obviously cloaked by amazing QB play.

Do you realize how much of a bitch it is blocking for a QB that runs around that much? Manziel will just run to run, even when he has receivers open.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2013 06:40 PM

Run, I would take a 3rd pass rusher any day over a damn Tackle, so I agree.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547435)
Do you realize how much of a bitch it is blocking for a QB that runs around that much? Manziel will just run to run, even when he has receivers open.

Sounds like you have a crush on dough boy.

TribalElder 04-01-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...3h4fo1_400.gif
I see you peekin

O.city 04-01-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9547432)
Dion Jordan is not as good of pass rusher as Von, but he can do things better than him, like defend the pass, which is so important in today's NFL.

I think Dion Jordan is going to be a beast at the next level. And he's just getting started too.

I think he's going to be a double-digit sack artist for many years. IMO that's well worth the #1 pick in this draft.

Well thats not really based on anything he's done, it's projecting. Something you jump on guys for doing with other players, so lets not go there.

You are essentially taking a guy with the first pick in the whole draft based on potential. Not potential plus production, but potential. He will have to develop a pass rush. He has some at this point, but not much. I do think it's easier for an OLB to develop those than say a DL who hasn't shown the ability to do that in college.

I don't mind taking Jordan, wouldn't mind the pick at all.

But there isn't a player in this draft that is "well worth the first pick".

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9547439)
Sounds like you have a crush on dough boy.

Who wouldn't?

http://insidetexas.com/media/images/...1233474390.jpg

O.city 04-01-2013 06:44 PM

And I'll say that while I like Jordan and Ansah, I'm not sure but that Mingo doesn't have a higher than both.

I have some questions as to whether Ansah can play OLB and be in space.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 06:45 PM

Its Jordan if theyre thinking pass rusher

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-01-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

He ran right into the Heisman trophy too you dumbass

RunKC 04-01-2013 06:47 PM

I think this is how it's going to go.

Keep Albert and we're drafting Dion Jordan.

If Albert is traded, we're drafting Luke Joeckel.

We've got to get another pass rusher somehow though, whether that's Jordan, Ansah or a later pick like Chase Thomas.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9547456)
He ran right into the Heisman trophy too you dumbass

What does that have to do with anything? That doesn't mean blocking for him isn't a bitch. Maybe Joeckel/Lewan are a big reason WHY he did so well.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9547460)
I think this is how it's going to go.

Keep Albert and we're drafting Dion Jordan.

If Albert is traded, we're drafting Luke Joeckel.

We've got to get another pass rusher somehow though, whether that's Jordan, Ansah or a later pick like Chase Thomas.

1) Chiefs - Joeckel
2) Jaguars - Jordan

I dont' like it, but it's happening.

O.city 04-01-2013 06:51 PM

I don't really see them taking a pass rusher that high, with what we have in place at OLB. If they keep Albert, I don't have a clue what they'll do. It would go multiple directions at that point.

We don't really need another pass rusher at OLB. We need a pass rusher from the DL. Actually, we need multiple guys from the DL to be able to pressure the passer, no necessarily be high sack guys. Don't see it from Devito or Tjax, intrigued by Poe.

If they keep Albert, I'd take Richardson, if they aren't taking a QB. Or for that matter, I'd take Star.

Gravedigger 04-01-2013 06:53 PM

I think Dion Jordan is a little overhyped... yeah I said it! Maybe it's because I don't think of smashmouth defensive badassery when I think of the Oregon Duck? It happened when I watched the Mighty Ducks too, I just was thinking the whole time, "Where's a blackhawk to beat the shit out of a duck when you need one?"