ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   37 Forever Foundation: Last Call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141767)

Bob Dole 06-03-2006 06:46 PM

37 Forever Foundation: Last Call

It is with a heavy heart that I post this information, and it's serious enough that I'm going to drop the third person schtick long enough to communicate it.

The current board of directors of 37 Forever Foundation has decided that we can no longer try to make a go of things, and unless some others (minimum of 3, I believe) wish to sign on and accept responsibility for the foundation, we will soon be disbanding 37 Forever as a legal entity. We've managed to accomplish some things in the past few years, but we feel that we, as a leadership group, have accomplished all that we're going to be able to accomplish, and the time has come to either hand over the reigns, or dissolve the charity. We're scatterd around the country and all of us have other responsibilities, and we are simply unable to devote the time and energy necessary to get over the hump. (It's probably not a bad idea to point out at this point that none of us ever claimed to have any particular expertise in this sort of thing, which certainly would have helped...)

If people care enough and have the time and energy to devote to a cause I firmly believe to be a good one, now is the time to step forward.

If not, we've put some children through lessons and I believe played a large role in securing Joe a spot in the Chiefs Ring of Fame, which should ensure that never again will anyone have to ask: What about Joe Delaney?

tommykat 06-03-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
It is with a heavy heart that I post this information, and it's serious enough that I'm going to drop the third person schtick long enough to communicate it.

The current board of directors of 37 Forever Foundation has decided that we can no longer try to make a go of things, and unless some others (minimum of 3, I believe) wish to sign on and accept responsibility for the foundation, we will soon be disbanding 37 Forever as a legal entity. We've managed to accomplish some things in the past few years, but we feel that we, as a leadership group, have accomplished all that we're going to be able to accomplish, and the time has come to either hand over the reigns, or dissolve the charity. We're scatterd around the country and all of us have other responsibilities, and we are simply unable to devote the time and energy necessary to get over the hump. (It's probably not a bad idea to point out at this point that none of us ever claimed to have any particular expertise in this sort of thing, which certainly would have helped...)

If people care enough and have the time and energy to devote to a cause I firmly believe to be a good one, now is the time to step forward.

If not, we've put some children through lessons and I believe played a large role in securing Joe a spot in the Chiefs Ring of Fame, which should ensure that never again will anyone have to ask: What about Joe Delaney?

Well written. We have put some children through swimming lessons, got Joe in the Ring of Fame. Scott, beyond that I say "we" all did a wonderful thing! Never bow your head anyone. We got it done.:clap: Joe will always be remembered now.

I wish I had the time, however at this point and time I don't have it to help. If I do I would gladly help. Thanks all for The 37 Forever Foundation and what we all got accomplished.

morphius 06-03-2006 06:53 PM

Thats a shame, I hope someone can step up to the plate, I know I'm not the person for it.

Bob Dole 06-03-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommykat
beyond that I say "we" all did a wonderful thing! Never bow your head anyone. We got it done.:clap: Joe will always be remembered now.

Too many people to list have done a wonderful thing and given of themselves, and I know that I have been honored to have been a part of it.

Logical 06-03-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Too many people to list have done a wonderful thing and given of themselves, and I know that I have been honored to have been a part of it.

I am happy for what has been accomplished and think the foundation should be proud of what it accomplished. It would seem that the best chance for future success would be if a group in Kansas City were able to take up the reins from the very successful group who worked the foundation through its infancy.

:clap::clap::clap:

Bob Dole 06-03-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
I am happy for what has been accomplished and think the foundation should be proud of what it accomplished. It would seem that the best chance for future success would be if a group in Kansas City were able to take up the reins from the very successful group who worked the foundation through its infancy.

:clap::clap::clap:

Most definitely.

We have learned the hard way that while the internet allows people to form virtual organizations, when it comes to something like this there is absolutely no substitute for having hard working, extroverted people on the ground in the primary market.

Monkeylook4food 06-03-2006 07:29 PM

Our biggest problem was ignorance. None of us have any idea how to solicit sponsorship properly. We missed a lot of opportunities that we simply didn't know about and even if we had, wouldn't have known how to close the deal. We've all worked hard, we all had some fun, and a lot of kids benefitted. I know the family is very pleased with our efforts. Thanks to everybody who supported us over the years. You all deserve some positive karma for your generosity.

stevieray 06-03-2006 08:19 PM

someone tell me his teammate got the painting.

go bo 06-03-2006 08:26 PM

sad news indeed...

tommykat 06-03-2006 09:06 PM

? Who is in KC? Those that are put just a tad of time aside to try and keep this alive. I know all have tried and we achieved. I just hate to see the website go down...Just a thought.

ROYC75 06-04-2006 12:18 PM

Seriously folks, we have done many great things. The core of many here biggest desire was to get Joe elected to the ROF. Once that was attained, the support and the drive slipped a bit. The inability to secure corporate funds has left us mentally and physically drained to continue without some more local support in the KC area. It takes a large amount of time to do the work that was spread out amongst several members. Our dream of landing yearly corporate funds and having a paid administrator to handle our day to day activities has never materialized. That's our biggest stumbling block to date........

If anybody has a thought or a plan, please feel free to speak........

Mr. Kotter 06-04-2006 12:32 PM

Too bad. Sorry I missed this yesterday. I was too busy playing....and whining. :redface:

A KC based group or effort is a must. Someone with non-profit/charity experience could really do something with this. The corporate sponsorship would be a big boost, and I've certainly witnessed their support for less worthy causes. Surely, that can happen.

It would just take the right person to get this thing established. Unfortunately, I don't know who that would be. :(

Demonpenz 06-04-2006 12:36 PM

that would be cool to have a statue like the brett one telling the story of what happened.

wazu 06-04-2006 01:24 PM

I have a question about 37Forever's mission - on the web page it states that the organization aims to reduce water-related deaths. Is this goal measured in any way? Is there anything in terms of a broader mission? (i.e. getting inner-city youths into outdoor activities like swimming, fishing, etc that could reduce more crime-related activities). Just curious.

No matter what, I respect and admire the efforts of all who have worked for this cause and contributed their time and money to improve their community.

Bob Dole 06-04-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I have a question about 37Forever's mission - on the web page it states that the organization aims to reduce water-related deaths. Is this goal measured in any way? Is there anything in terms of a broader mission? (i.e. getting inner-city youths into outdoor activities like swimming, fishing, etc that could reduce more crime-related activities). Just curious.

"The 37 Forever Foundation was founded to provide water safety information and swimming programs to underprivileged youths in memory of Joe Delaney, #37 of the 1981-82 Kansas City Chiefs. We will reduce water-related deaths through education and training."

There's not really any way to accurately quantify a reduction in water-related deaths beyond "none of the children who were given lessons have drown".

The mission was intentionally left a little broad to allow flexibility.