ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Whitlock Triples down on Gun Control (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267430)

Just Passin' By 12-06-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

I further argued that our Second Amendment is outdated. The right to bear arms no longer protects us from a government armed with stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks, nuclear weapons and all the other knickknacks James Madison and Co. couldn’t envision when ratifying the Bill of Rights in 1791.
That just means that we need to make "stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks, nuclear weapons and all the other knicknacks James Madison and Co. couldn’t envision when ratifying the Bill of Rights in 1791" more readily available to the general public. One of the biggest problems in the country is that the government no longer fears its people.

Radar Chief 12-06-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9186318)
That just means that we need to make "stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks, nuclear weapons and all the other knicknacks James Madison and Co. couldn’t envision when ratifying the Bill of Rights in 1791" more readily available to the general public. One of the biggest problems in the country is that the government no longer fears its people.

It's like he doesn't even know that a goat herder in the middle east not only evaded those Stealth Bombers for decades but did so while directing several successful attacks on this government and it's allies.

Jenson71 12-06-2012 07:39 PM

Sounds like Whitlock's primary concern is not with people owning guns, but an irresponsible, "gangsta, hip hop culture" that fetishes guns. I suppose if you hear enough stories about young black adults getting shot and killed, it hits home.

This board is made up of people from the midwest, where guns are for primarily for hobby (even before self defense). It's a completely different culture in poor, urban areas. They don't get guns because they want to hunt. And the NRA is completely fine with that sacrifice of young, colored males.

notorious 12-06-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9186399)
. And the NRA is completely fine with that sacrifice of young, colored males.

No.

crazycoffey 12-06-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9185582)
Obama stated point blank that he is in favor of gun control, I believe at the final debate.

I'm not a member of the NRA and I don't give them money directly and I don't agree with all of their statements, however they are doing good work to defend my rights as an owner of multiple guns.

Oddly enough, even though I became a gun owner at 6 years old with a crossman pump pellet gun, and owned a shotgun at 12 and many other guns since...not a single one of them have harmed another human being or have been used in a crime. Not Once.

It's a miracle.

but but but, I don't understand. Haven't you ever been really mad at someone?

Hammock Parties 12-06-2012 08:10 PM

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...48552435_n.jpg

DonTellMeShowMe 12-06-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9185566)
Right or wrong, the man makes you stop and think. At least he does for me.

He brings some interesting viewpoints to the table.

Agreed, so easy to shit on one persons opinion

CrazyPhuD 12-06-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9186304)
I agree. I like them too... just saying, if they did not exist I truely believe that less people would be dead today. Belcher made a spur of the moment stupid decision. Had he not owned a gun, I'm guessing he would've beat her to a pulp, but she would've lived.

I do believe guns don't kill people; people do.... but also Whitlock makes some valid points.

Or he could have grabbed a kitchen knife and gone OJ on her too. Crazy sometimes can be hard to predict.

I agree that if guns didn't exist we'd probably have fewer dead people today...probably less than people think but likely fewer. The problem is that it's also true that if we didn't have cars we'd also have fewer dead people today.

No one needs a car, build out the public transportation some and people could get around without them. But personally I think that would suck, sometimes you want the freedom of running on your own schedule and personally I enjoy just driving at times.

The point I'm trying to bring up is that often we will apply harsh standards to things that we don't approve of, but then not apply those same standards to things that we do like. To be fair we have to apply the same standards to everything whether we like it or not.

If banning firearms is an appropriate response to preventing unnecessary firearm deaths then why is banning cars not an appropriate response to preventing unnecessary automobile deaths? I know people will say it's crazy to even think of banning cars, but is it really that different?

GloryDayz 12-06-2012 08:29 PM

No matter how many point JW makes that are valid and how may on the other side of the isle that are just as valid, the truth is we're enabling him. Perhaps that's good, perhaps it's not.

But I will say this, I agree with some of his points, but to call O’Reilly an entertainer and not admit he's just the same, well that's where he's duping people. He's just like O’Reilly, he just has a different opinion than O’Reilly.

Frazod 12-06-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Sounds like Whitlock's primary concern is not with people owning guns, but an irresponsible, "gangsta, hip hop culture" that fetishes guns. I suppose if you hear enough stories about young black adults getting shot and killed, it hits home.

This board is made up of people from the midwest, where guns are for primarily for hobby (even before self defense). It's a completely different culture in poor, urban areas. They don't get guns because they want to hunt. And the NRA is completely fine with that sacrifice of young, colored males.

Yeah, we discussed that at the last meeting. Sacrificing young, colored males came right after the pipe bomb workshop. Then we broke for lunch and in the afternoon shot up a grade school in a poor Mexican neighborhood. :drool:

CrazyPhuD 12-06-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Actually that's not entirely true, people in urban areas do get guns to hunt...they just often are hunting an entirely different type of game.

I grew up in KS but I'm on the west coast for now and one of the things that has always shocked me is how afraid people are of guns out here. I grew up with them and to me they are no big deal. To be respected yes...to be feared no. But out here people just see them and immediate think they should call the cops. People are taught to fear guns and that is a sad thing.

Frazod 12-06-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9186579)
Actually that's not entirely true, people in urban areas do get guns to hunt...they just often are hunting an entirely different type of game.

I grew up in KS but I'm on the west coast for now and one of the things that has always shocked me is how afraid people are of guns out here. I grew up with them and to me they are no big deal. To be respected yes...to be feared no. But out here people just see them and immediate think they should call the cops. People are taught to fear guns and that is a sad thing.

The sad truth is that law abiding citizens in shitty urban neighborhoods are the ones who should be lining up to join the NRA.

notorious 12-06-2012 09:16 PM

I think Literature was having a little fun with us.

MahiMike 12-06-2012 10:01 PM

jwhit is our bud. He backed us now it's our turn.

AussieChiefsFan 12-07-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9185546)
Why are people giving so many ****s what Whitlock thinks about gun control?

THIS!