ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Later, Chiefsplanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242925)

|Zach| 03-22-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7509085)
Dude, this place died with Jim :huh:

Every single thing you utter on this board is total clown shoes.

HMc 03-22-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7508854)
And whose fault is that? Who posted a public thread announcing he's leaving, while at the same time sending emails to various posters behind the scenes explaining the real story?

If he had simply disappeared for awhile while letting his friends know what was going on, then there would be nothing to discuss or speculate about. But when a high-profile poster posts an "I'm leaving the Planet forever" thread after he's requested to mods that a troll be banned after the troll called him a bad name, yes, that's going to draw attention and speculation. No?

Look, put aside whether Dane's a good guy or a bad guy, victim or instigator, whether the Planet needs him or not. Just be objective about this: Dane started this with the drama thread. It was unnecessary. Anybody else who melted down in that fashion would be mercilessly mocked.

Dane might have good reasons to be upset and to take a powder. But it's pretty standard around these parts that "I'm leaving forever" threads are bad form.

REP

|Zach| 03-22-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7508854)
And whose fault is that? Who posted a public thread announcing he's leaving, while at the same time sending emails to various posters behind the scenes explaining the real story?

If he had simply disappeared for awhile while letting his friends know what was going on, then there would be nothing to discuss or speculate about. But when a high-profile poster posts an "I'm leaving the Planet forever" thread after he's requested to mods that a troll be banned after the troll called him a bad name, yes, that's going to draw attention and speculation. No?

Look, put aside whether Dane's a good guy or a bad guy, victim or instigator, whether the Planet needs him or not. Just be objective about this: Dane started this with the drama thread. It was unnecessary. Anybody else who melted down in that fashion would be mercilessly mocked.

Dane might have good reasons to be upset and to take a powder. But it's pretty standard around these parts that "I'm leaving forever" threads are bad form.

Agree with this. One thing surprises me to this day. Dane never ever really understood how his actions and posts brought some of the heat upon him. He really didn't get why all these things were always throw at him.

KCrockaholic 03-22-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7509992)
Agree with this. One thing surprises me to this day. Dane never ever really understood how his actions and posts brought some of the heat upon him. He really didn't get why all these things were always throw at him.

But we were all delusional.

salame 03-22-2011 08:20 PM

this place doesn't "need" anyone
sillys

crazycoffey 03-22-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7510019)
sillys

It "need"s everyone?

salame 03-22-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 7510033)
It "need"s everyone?

I need you

MIAdragon 03-22-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

sillys

Nope, and thats the beauty of it. And to the next "core" member that decides to grow a sandy vag and take his ball home, have some ****ing dignity and simply sign off. No need for these "hey look at me" posts its, just poor taste. No one is going to loose sleep because you've decided to refrain from blessing us with your key strokes. JFC.

crazycoffey 03-22-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7510038)
I need you

liar

Stinger 03-22-2011 08:44 PM

Dear God,

Please make it stop .......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o-the-lord.jpg

Bugeater 03-22-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

sillys

Well, it needs someone.

Pablo 03-22-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 7510043)
Nope, and thats the beauty of it. And to the next "core" member that decides to grow a sandy vag and take his ball home, have some ****ing dignity and simply sign off. No need for these "hey look at me" posts its, just poor taste. No one is going to loose sleep because you've decided to refrain from blessing us with your key strokes. JFC.

LMAO

So true.

Just Passin' By 03-22-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 7510043)

You may have a point in general but, in your case, we'd at least get one more gander at the avatar before you left.

DaFace 03-22-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

sillys

Well, kind of. It certainly needs AustinChief more than it needs about any other, though.

patteeu 03-22-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7509956)
Splitting that cesspool off was the best thing that ever happened to this place, save the day that Kyle decided to create it in the first place.

There's no way you can be serious.

Of course I'm serious. Frazod and I agree that the board was better before the split than it is today. That said, I understand that mine is a minority view. Visionaries are often in the minority. :p