ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

TheSourceX1 11-08-2011 06:38 PM

1 zombie in the episode huh? (flashback zombies don't count)Does Walking Dead refer to the writers because this novella is going downhill fast.
A farm fence can stop zombies? oh except for the one that found his way into the well instead of walking towards the lights and sounds from the house? Only 1?
The only thing that can save this series is the death of a main character ... and not the token black guy or old man either.

Sure-Oz 11-08-2011 08:32 PM

I'm waiting for the season to get going...1st season is tons better so far, esp the first few eps. amazing television

Deberg_1990 11-08-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8093277)
I'm waiting for the season to get going...1st season is tons better so far, esp the first few eps. amazing television

Yea, we are starting to feel the 'lack of Darabont" effect i think.....and i hope the cut in budget isnt why we are seeing less zombies this year and basically less movement but it most likely is. Hey, lets stick around on the farm for 4 episodes!

Sure-Oz 11-08-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8093501)
Yea, we are starting to feel the 'lack of Darabont" effect i think.....and i hope the cut in budget isnt why we are seeing less zombies this year and basically less movement but it most likely is. Hey, lets stick around on the farm for 4 episodes!

Yeah, they need to pick it up, i'm surprised it's been this slow. Hopefully all hell breaks loose soon.

Buck 11-09-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8093501)

Maybe they wanted to have a homestretch of awesome episodes and had to save the budget for them.

Sure-Oz 11-09-2011 12:14 AM

Just saw a commercial for it a min ago, showing a shit ton of heli's heading to a city...interesting

Buck 11-09-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8093845)
Just saw a commercial for it a min ago, showing a shit ton of heli's heading to a city...interesting

Helicopters?

The Helicopter plays a pretty big role in the comic, but it seems like it would be much further down the line than this.

NJChiefsFan 11-09-2011 12:54 AM

I personally am not that pissed about the show right now. I would like it to pick up, but its not really pissing me off that much.

While I was reading World War Z I started thinking the best way to handle this would be to put a huge noise along with livestock in a specific spot and after all the zombies got there you could just drop bombs and repeat the process.

Jawshco 11-09-2011 01:23 AM

I really liked the last episode. The Well Zombie was so awesomely gross my wife almost vomited. I'm invested in these characters, so seeing the Maggie and Glen hook-up begin was awesome. Obviously, Rick's wife is now carrying his best buddy's baby. This story isn't about Zombies. It's about these people living in the Zombie infested world. Ha! You non-comic reading Walking Dead readers are going to crap when you see who else hooks up. I have no idea where Sophie is, but the real question is... "What's in the Barn?" Dang! I can't wait. I love the Walking Dead.

Deberg_1990 11-09-2011 07:23 AM

Im curious if they will end on a cliffhanger when the show ends its 1/2 season run here in a few weeks? My guess would be yes.

bevischief 11-09-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8093847)
Helicopters?

The Helicopter plays a pretty big role in the comic, but it seems like it would be much further down the line than this.

We know where this heading too...

cabletech94 11-09-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8093969)
I really liked the last episode. The Well Zombie was so awesomely gross my wife almost vomited. I'm invested in these characters, so seeing the Maggie and Glen hook-up begin was awesome. Obviously, Rick's wife is now carrying his best buddy's baby. This story isn't about Zombies. It's about these people living in the Zombie infested world. Ha! You non-comic reading Walking Dead readers are going to crap when you see who else hooks up. I have no idea where Sophie is, but the real question is... "What's in the Barn?" Dang! I can't wait. I love the Walking Dead.

shhhhhhhhhhhh. you're ruining the surprise!

Aries Walker 11-09-2011 04:24 PM

Well, I haven't read the comics, but I did think it was pretty crafty how Hershel subtly steered Rick away from the barn. Plus, with the way they have it looming in the background, it's becoming a kind of Chekhov's gun.

Brock 11-09-2011 06:59 PM

There's another comic being made into a movie with a similar premise. Check out "Crossed".

I don't care if it's old news, comic nerds.

Deberg_1990 11-09-2011 08:47 PM

Spoiler!