ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs waived Stanford routt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266198)

TEX 11-08-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9098509)
Did not want.

Did not want to let Carr go.

Did not want Routt (at any price.)

Did not want Ca$$hole.

I hear ya!

I work in the Mayor's Office of Special Events in Houston and we have a program with the Mayor's Office in Dallas where each gets to visit the other's city and football team. While in Dallas, I actually got a chance to speak to Carr and he point blank told me that he would have stayed in KC BUT he was given a low "non-negotiatiable" ceiling by the Chiefs, so he "Knew what he had to do." All the love fest with the Cowboys was circumstantial truth. YES, he did like the Cowboys and YES, he always wanted to play for them, BUT he really liked playing with Flowers and thought the Secondary could be really good in KC. He said once he received the offer from KC (It was not even an offer it was just talks) - he knew what he had to do. It was strictly a business decision.

That is almost exactly how he put it. I also spoke to Orton. Now THAT was an interesting conversation.

Titty Meat 11-08-2012 01:29 PM

What did Orton say?

Rausch 11-08-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098563)
I actually got a chance to speak to Carr and he point blank told me that he would have stayed in KC BUT he was given a low "non-negotiatiable" ceiling by the Chiefs, so he "Knew what he had to do." All the love fest with the Cowboys was circumstantial truth. YES, he did like the Cowboys and YES, he always wanted to play for them, BUT he really liked playing with Flowers and thought the Secondary could be really good in KC. He said once he received the offer from KC (It was not even an offer it was just talks) - he knew what he had to do. It was strictly a business decision.

He and Flowers will always be close. The fact they didn't both retire here is a crime.

This is the perfect example of the whole being better than the individual parts.

They were yin and yang both on and off the field. Perfect match.

Pioli lowballed Carr because he felt he'd take less than market value.

BEYOND reerunED...

TEX 11-08-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9098572)
What did Orton say?

He said that he never even spoke numbers with the Chiefs. Thought it was kinda funny because they said that they "wanted him back" but never acted like it. He said he felt that Romeo wanted him back at one point, but wasn't sure about that once free agency started. He tried to get something out of them but was told to SEE WHAT HE COULD GET and let them know. So he did and when he told them what Dallas offered, they basically said "WOW - That's a GREAT DEAL - see ya!" He said that he was told that it was Matt's team and if he wanted to start, that KC was not the place to be looking to do that. There was not going to be an "open competition? (His exact words) for the starting QB position in KC. They did not want a QB controversy and neither did he. He said that he really respected Matt Cassel and did not want to create an awkward situation. You had to hear the way he was talking to really appreciate what he said. He never said it - but his looks and his hand and face gestures said that KC was a dysfunctional place. We know now that it was / is.

BoneKrusher 11-08-2012 01:50 PM

the Raiders knew who to pick on when they played KC. *cough cough*
glad he's out.

TEX 11-08-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9098596)
He and Flowers will always be close. The fact they didn't both retire here is a crime.

This is the perfect example of the whole being better than the individual parts.

They were yin and yang both on and off the field. Perfect match.

Pioli lowballed Carr because he felt he'd take less than market value.

BEYOND reerunED...

You're exactly right. There was definate cohesiveness the secondary. Hasn't been the same this year... :hmmm:

Rausch 11-08-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098611)
He said that he was told that it was Matt's team and if he wanted to start, that KC was not the place to be looking to do that. There was not going to be an "open competition? (His exact words) for the starting QB position in KC. They did not want a QB controversy and neither did he.

Uh, yeah we did...

Red Beans 11-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

I hear ya!

I work in the Mayor's Office of Special Events in Houston and we have a program with the Mayor's Office in Dallas where each gets to visit the other's city and football team. While in Dallas, I actually got a chance to speak to Carr and he point blank told me that he would have stayed in KC BUT he was given a low "non-negotiatiable" ceiling by the Chiefs, so he "Knew what he had to do." All the love fest with the Cowboys was circumstantial truth. YES, he did like the Cowboys and YES, he always wanted to play for them, BUT he really liked playing with Flowers and thought the Secondary could be really good in KC. He said once he received the offer from KC (It was not even an offer it was just talks) - he knew what he had to do. It was strictly a business decision.

That is almost exactly how he put it. I also spoke to Orton. Now THAT was an interesting conversation.

This makes me want to burn the the whole Truman Sports Complex to the ground. The K has to burn too, not because of what Glass has done, but for the simple fact that Pioli has touched the ground within 100 yards of the place. God ****ing damnit...

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

I hear ya!

Quote:

He said that he never even spoke numbers with the Chiefs. Thought it was kinda funny because they said that they "wanted him back" but never acted like it. He said he felt that Romeo wanted him back at one point, but wasn't sure about that once free agency started. He tried to get something out of them but was told to SEE WHAT HE COULD GET and let them know. So he did and when he told them what Dallas offered, they basically said "WOW - That's a GREAT DEAL - see ya!" He said that he was told that it was Matt's team and if he wanted to start, that KC was not the place to be looking to do that. There was not going to be an "open competition? (His exact words) for the starting QB position in KC. They did not want a QB controversy and neither did he. He said that he really respected Matt Cassel and did not want to create an awkward situation. You had to hear the way he was talking to really appreciate what he said. He never said it - but his looks and his hand and face gestures said that KC was a dysfunctional place. We know now that it was / is.

There are no words......but :facepalm:

BoneKrusher 11-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9098639)
You're exactly right. There was definate cohesiveness the secondary. Hasn't been the same this year... :hmmm:

and we can Thank Scott Pioli for that.

Rausch 11-08-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9098660)
and we can Thank Scott Pioli for that.

Added NOTHING after the Herm years and took what little Herm accomplished and threw it in the street like a french chamber pot...:mad:

FAX 11-08-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

I hear ya!

Many, many thanks, Mr. TEX, for sharing this information.

It colors in the lines and confirms the basic story of events we assumed took place. Although Orton wasn't an ideal solution for us, both of these players would have and should have remained with the team. The fact that the opportunity was there and we were unable or unwilling to find a workable compromise is nothing short of horrible, in my view. Inexcusable, really.

The more I learn about Pioli and the strange philosophy behind his inexplicable actions, the less I like him. When you consider the fact that I already despise him, that's kind of amazing. I didn't know I had the capacity for this amount of sheer hate. He is a freaking cancer on the franchise and he is killing us.

FAX

Jiu Jitsu Jon 11-08-2012 06:39 PM

Not trying to be a prick but I told you guys that he wasn't that great...

ILChief 11-08-2012 06:43 PM

Ok this Carr and Orton info needs to get put out there by SOC.

FAX 11-08-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9099535)
Ok this Carr and Orton info needs to get put out there by SOC.

Yep.

FAX

chiefzilla1501 11-08-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

I hear ya!

Thanks, bro. Good stories.

I've always loved stories like these. Yet another part of the Pioli regime that pisses me off is that we don't know any of our players anymore. He's so stubborn about turning our players into robots, that you don't see a side of a guy like Carr. Carr's attitude in what he just said is exactly the kind of thing that would make Kansas City fans love the guy, and fall back in love with the Chiefs.

I don't know why people are surprised Arrowhead has turned into the way it has. We have superstars like Charles and Hali and Bowe, and yet these are some of the most unpopular popular guys in Chiefs history. Because Pioli doesn't think fans deserve to know anything about the players we root for.

stonedstooge 11-08-2012 06:49 PM

Might want to hold on to this kind of info for later in the year. I can still see Chunt retaining Pisoli because he DID offer him a contract extension and it HAS already been signed

Hammock Parties 11-08-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9099555)
Might want to hold on to this kind of info for later in the year. I can still see Chunt retaining Pisoli because he DID offer him a contract extension and it HAS already been signed

It's already been established that the offer was just to lower his buyout.

Scott didn't sign that because he wants to leave here with as much ill-gotten Hunt money as possible.

It's a great heist. How much money can I make while signing as many Patriot Way castoffs as possible?

TEX 11-09-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9098684)
Many, many thanks, Mr. TEX, for sharing this information.

It colors in the lines and confirms the basic story of events we assumed took place. Although Orton wasn't an ideal solution for us, both of these players would have and should have remained with the team. The fact that the opportunity was there and we were unable or unwilling to find a workable compromise is nothing short of horrible, in my view. Inexcusable, really.

The more I learn about Pioli and the strange philosophy behind his inexplicable actions, the less I like him. When you consider the fact that I already despise him, that's kind of amazing. I didn't know I had the capacity for this amount of sheer hate. He is a freaking cancer on the franchise and he is killing us.

FAX

Anytime - the deal was that both players were very cool and willing to talk to me because they could tell that my interest in the Chiefs was genuine and that I had invested in a lifetime of fandom. There were no reporters - just people talking football. All of my co-workers were talking to Jerry Jones, Romo, Witten, Austin, Bryant, etc. Guys like Orton and Carr aren't well known -so they were easy to approach and had plenty of time to talk.

WhiteWhale 11-09-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

I hear ya!

Quote:

I believed all along that people who said both guys WANTED to go to Dallas and didn't want to be in KC were just being apologists. 'Carr is a Dallas fan" is as pertinent as the team ANY OTHER PLAYER rooted for as a kid. Almost every player had a favorite team and it's usually not the team that drafts them or that they spend their careers with. Players will stay with what is familiar, where they have had success, provided they are compensated at market value. I thought it was pretty obvious Carr left because we low-balled him.

I'm also no surprised about Orton. That seems like exactly what KC would do to a QB they know would threaten Matt Cassel.

mcaj22 11-09-2012 08:25 AM

that's why Pioli and his piss Patriots/Browns pals need to go asap.

I dont want this guy anywhere near a young QB. And I certainly dont want him to continue to lowball homegrown talent and watch them walk out the door for nothing so he can replace them with 2nd round midget CBs and 3rd round TEs and 2nd,3rd,4th round offensive line and 1st round 5 techs

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-18-2012 11:42 AM

Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins

According to @JasonLaCanfora Stanford Routt missed curfew to check on his fiancee who recently had surgery. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...nfora/21041240

So sad

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-18-2012 11:44 AM

Routt missed curfew to see fiancee'

Chiefs cornerback Stanford Routt, a key free agent signing before the season, was released unexpectedly on Nov. 5. As previously reported Routt was released at least in part due to a curfew violation prior to their game in San Diego on Nov. 1.

Routt broke curfew in order to check on his fiancee, who recently underwent surgery, sources said, but otherwise was not a problem off the field there. Routt was having a rough first season in Kansas City, and with the team struggling and embattled head coach Romeo Crennel looking to shake things up, Routt was waived.

Routt visited the Lions Friday, and was up front with team officials about breaking the curfew and the circumstances of his release by the Chiefs, according to a source with knowledge of his visit. Miami was among other teams to express interest but no contracts have materialized yet.

Routt signed a huge contract with Oakland prior to the lockout, but was let go by the Raiders after the 2011 season as the team's new front office tried to work through a severe salary cap issue.

Routt received $5 million guaranteed in his contract with Kansas City, with much higher salaries and bonuses due starting in 2013, which played a large role in why he went unclaimed after being released. In an otherwise rough season, he did pick off a pass which helped clinch the Chiefs' only win of the season, against the Saints in Week 3.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9100751)
t
2nd,3rd,4th round offensive line

What is wrong with this?

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 11:47 AM

Chiefs look like ****ing douchebags if they cut him because of this.

mcaj22 11-18-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9128237)
What is wrong with this?

nothing, except when you never had to waste all those picks on that many olineman in the first ****ing place. counter productive and waste of picks

Brock 11-18-2012 11:51 AM

They cut him because of that, and because he isn't any good, and because they never should have signed him to begin with, and because somebody had to take the fall.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-04-2012 12:45 PM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Texans are signing CB Stanford Routt, formerly of Chiefs and Raiders

GoShox 12-04-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9180071)
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Texans are signing CB Stanford Routt, formerly of Chiefs and Raiders

I'm gonna laugh if he gets a Super Bowl win.

Sorter 12-04-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9180087)

QFT

the Talking Can 12-04-2012 12:53 PM

getting cut by the chiefs is the best thing that could happen to anyone...

Bowser 12-04-2012 12:53 PM

He'll be great in the dime for those guys.

BigMeatballDave 12-04-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

LOL

He should send a Thank You card to Scott.

mcaj22 12-04-2012 03:03 PM

from the worst team to the team with the best record

of course

Rausch 12-04-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

This would be the only type of deal Routt deserves or should be signed to.

Only our GM would spend starter money on a bust like him...

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 03:12 PM

IF STANFORD ROUTT WERE STILL HERE, JOVAN BELCHER WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!

Bump 12-04-2012 03:34 PM

why did it take so long for someone to sign Routt?

mcaj22 12-04-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9180648)
why did it take so long for someone to sign Routt?

for one, our idiot GM/Owner were the only two morons dumb enough to pay Routt that kind of money, so nobody was going to actually put a claim in on him and pick up the rest of that tab.

and two, he waits a couple weeks to see if any GOOD teams need help in their secondary and bam, two Texans injuries later hes on a team and has a shot at a ring all while getting paid like 15 million+ from two dumpster fire franchises in 2012. And the Texans get him cheap

BoneKrusher 12-05-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

that would be funny as hell.
going from the worst team in the league to getting a ring all in the same season.

UberSparky 12-05-2012 07:14 PM

I may be wrong but, isn't there a rule that if you sign a player within two weeks of being cut you have to guarantee their contract? Seems like this has come up before. Therefore, that's why it took "so long" for a team to sign him.

mlyonsd 12-05-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9180100)

You can't really argue that one.

whoman69 12-05-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9180100)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9183585)
You can't really argue that one.

Really? You think that being cut by the worst team in the league is a resume builder?

RNR 12-05-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9183683)
Really? You think that being cut by the worst team in the league is a resume builder?

Right after being cut by a team starting DBs off the street no less~

InChiefsHeaven 12-06-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9183683)

Given the probable reputation of stupidity that the Chiefs probably have...yes.