ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs O-line Coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320719)

dannybcaitlyn 01-21-2019 06:44 AM

O-line Coach

Hopefully this guy gets canned with Sutton. We have a lot of money tied up in our line and year after year our quarterbacks run for their lives. It’s really a good thing Reid has had mobile qb’s during his tenure here. They can’t handle stunts and twist and get no push up front for the runnning game. We see what happens when Pat has time! It’s offseason now so hopefully they right the ship and fixed the weaknesses

Dunerdr 01-21-2019 07:07 AM

I agree mahomes has saved the lines ass all season.

Red Dawg 01-21-2019 07:14 AM

OL was beyond awful. Mahomes had no time in the first half at all.

dannybcaitlyn 01-21-2019 08:10 AM

Stunner: The #Colts are letting OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo go, sources say. That line made tremendous leaps this season. But Frank Reich wants his own guy. DeGuglielmo was the only offensive coach Josh McDaniels had hired. Reich is actually recommending him to other coaches.

R Clark 01-21-2019 08:14 AM

Yep pat has saved this lines ass all year they suck ass

T-post Tom 01-21-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 14060125)
Stunner: The #Colts are letting OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo go, sources say. That line made tremendous leaps this season. But Frank Reich wants his own guy. DeGuglielmo was the only offensive coach Josh McDaniels had hired. Reich is actually recommending him to other coaches.

This would a fantastic move for the Chiefs. YES PLEASE!!!!

FringeNC 01-21-2019 03:42 PM

The line was up and down like every season, but garbage in the playoffs as usual. I'd be happy to see Heck follow Sutton out the door.

Red Dawg 01-21-2019 03:55 PM

Maybe our staff just sucks. Andy never holds any of them accountable for anything. OL coach should be fired along with the entire defensive staff. They got beat up and were not prepared.

DRM08 01-21-2019 03:58 PM

They better figure out something for next season. Ravens and Patriots both showed the rest of the league how to slow down KC’s offense. Be very physical and send a ton of pressure.

comochiefsfan 01-21-2019 04:00 PM

A line with (supposedly) two pro bowlers shouldn't get dominated this badly. At home no less.

Look at the Patriots, Brady wasn't pressured the entire game. Imagine if Pat was a statue like Tom. He would've been sacked a dozen times last night.

O-line was yet another unit that wasn't prepared last night. Andy Heck needs to go.

comochiefsfan 01-21-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 14060125)

GET THIS GUY

CoMoChief 01-21-2019 04:03 PM

I think the OL coach is the least of this team's problems. Or at least its far down the list. Fisher and Schwartz are probowlers/allpros and LDT was knocking on that door before his inj, and the Chiefs have a couple respectable backup interior linemen.

That's much better than what most teams in the league have.

But..if the Colts OL guy is available I definitely would enjoy the upgrade.

Problem is, Reid wants his own guys.

Snopes Hammer 01-21-2019 04:22 PM

Having an explosive offense is nice, but sometimes you need to control the ball to take time off the clock to end games. Long drives are also beneficial to the defense as that allows them to get some rest. The Pats had the ball for 2/3 of the game, no wonder the Chief's D had no gas at the end of the game.

And you look at their offense. Brady and Gronk are HOFers, but everyone else is pretty pedestrian. Similar to the 2003 Chiefs. Priest and Tony G were great, but the star of that offense was the line. Shields, Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, and Tait opened the holes for the running game and allowed Green time to pass.

I think the talent is here, but we need a good line coach to utilize it.

comochiefsfan 01-21-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14061469)
I think the OL coach is the least of this team's problems. Or at least its far down the list. Fisher and Schwartz are probowlers/allpros and LDT was knocking on that door before his inj, and the Chiefs have a couple respectable backup interior linemen.

That's much better than what most teams in the league have.

But..if the Colts OL guy is available I definitely would enjoy the upgrade.

Problem is, Reid wants his own guys.

Reid wanting his own guys is exactly why he has never won anything of significance. Blind loyalty is his fatal flaw.

CoMoChief 01-21-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14061567)
Reid wanting his own guys is exactly why he has never won anything of significance. Blind loyalty is his fatal flaw.

Wish you'd change your username :#