ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What streaming services do you pay for? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349335)

Zebedee DuBois 07-11-2023 04:01 PM

What streaming services do you pay for?

I am curious about what (and how many) streaming services people subscribe and pay for.

I will make a poll, and undoubtedly miss something. Some

Check all that apply.

mr. tegu 07-11-2023 07:55 PM

Probably get more traction in the main lounge. I’d be interested in more responses.

ThaVirus 07-11-2023 08:28 PM

I pay for YouTube TV, Hulu, and Disney+.

My girlfriend pays for Max and Amazon Prime.

And we’ve earned free subscriptions to Netflix, Paramount+ and Peacock from various sources.

Zebedee DuBois 07-11-2023 08:40 PM

I have Netflix since the time we mailed DVDs back and forth.
Prime Video, a benefit from our Amazon membership.
Discounted Netflix through TMobile
I had a free year of Apple TV from them too, the free part ran out, but I like their shows so I kept it.
I pay for YouTube TV Live, because I can't get antenna reception for the local channels in all parts of my house, plus the wife likes several of the other channels. I also get ESPN, FS1, etc, plus news channels there.
I got a Hulu/ESPN+/Disney+ package for what I was getting Hulu for before. The ESPN+ comes in handy for college games I like. I barely use the Disney channel.
I have Max

ModSocks 07-11-2023 09:00 PM

Recently did somewhat of a purge and dropped the Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle.

So Netflix, HBO, Paramount+, Amazon and NFL+ are all still in. Amazon likely to get purged this month though before I gotta re-up on that prime subscription.

WhawhaWhat 07-12-2023 06:06 AM

If I get Hulu/ESPN/Disney through my Verizon plan, does that count?

Zebedee DuBois 07-12-2023 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17013795)
If I get Hulu/ESPN/Disney through my Verizon plan, does that count?

Sure. You are, in effect, paying for it. You get it at a discount.

Zebedee DuBois 07-12-2023 09:07 AM

My viewing experience is that one of the services will have a bunch of stuff I like and most of the others don't. But the 'good' channel changes. Sometimes it is Netflix, then 3 months later it is Apple, then later it is Prime.

ChiefsCountry 07-12-2023 09:25 AM

Direct TV Stream
ESPN
Get Max free through AT&T

Decided I didn't watch the others enough to justify them

RaidersOftheCellar 07-12-2023 10:02 AM

I pay for Youtube TV, Netflix, Prime, Shudder, Disney+, ESPN+, The Criterion Channel, and I have a free Paramount add-on.

Feels like I'm forgetting one. It's probably too many. Tried Apple TV awhile ago and quickly dumped it. I'm sharing somebody else's HBO Max.

WhawhaWhat 07-12-2023 12:35 PM

Netflix
HBO/MAX
Peacock
Prime Video
MLB.tv

I wouldn't have these if they weren't included with my Verizon plan:
Disney Plus
ESPN Plus
Hulu

sedated 07-12-2023 12:52 PM

Damn some people have a ton of these. I'm on YouTubeTV and Hulu (with ESPN+), but about to drop Hulu once I finish one show. I have a login for Netflix but that might go away soon.

staylor26 07-12-2023 12:53 PM

No cable for me.

So I have Max, Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle, Netflix, and Paramount+ (on and off).

I also use my mom's Prime, Peacock, and Apple TV accounts lol.

WhawhaWhat 07-12-2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 17014346)
Damn some people have a ton of these. I'm on YouTubeTV and Hulu (with ESPN+), but about to drop Hulu once I finish one show. I have a login for Netflix but that might go away soon.

A lot of them I split with someone else. My brother and I share a phone plan so we get the Disney bundle through that. I get MLB.tv through my parents phone plan. I used to split Netflix until they started locking that down. I'm thinking about getting rid of it now.

Really the only ones I use regularly are HBO and Peacock, which I only use to watch Indycar and IMSA racing.

Otter 07-12-2023 01:11 PM

Pretty much done with subscriptions outside of what comes with Amazon Prime. If I can't find it streaming then I'm probably going to have to go without.

Way too much garbage and way too many commercials.