ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Polarizing Players and Chiefs Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268128)

Dave Lane 12-29-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248069)
Why do you assume that is the reason? Why couldn't the reason be because running QB's are more prone to big hits/injury?

Not the ones that don't want him because of Kiper. Those that don't want him cuz he's "a running QB" which he is anything but.

They are just using that as a cover for I don't want a black QB. And I say that because I'm white and I live in the country at times.

candyman 12-29-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9248113)
Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.

I guess we have different definitions of racism then. When I hear someone is racist to me it means they are prejudice and dont think people who have a different skin color should have the same opportunities as them. If acknowledging statistical trends while also admitting exceptions makes you a "racist" then I guess Im a racist against my own race.

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9248113)
Stereotypes based on race are by definition, racist. It doesn't matter if they are perceived as positive or negative.

Thank you Bryant Gumbel but you are wrong !!:rolleyes:

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:27 AM

An important link for the purposes of this discussion. I think this site will clarify some things: http://bit.ly/ugxaS9

FAX 12-29-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9248089)
I respect your opinion Mr. Fax...but it is just that, an opinion. Based on your world experience etc. There is no real proof that your assertion is true. Just your gut feeling. I personally think that those who think as you say they do are not as large a majority as you seem to. But I guess that's just MY opinion.

Why is it acceptable to have a black star running back, a black star reciever, a black star linebacker (or 3), but suddenly this racist fan base would have a problem with a black qb?

I don't know, man. It makes no sense whatsoever. Yet, for some unfathomable reason, there is a difference in the attitudes of many "fans".

I can only speculate about it, but in their minds there may exist an iconic model of the NFL quarterback, the field general, the person in command, the "leader" ... and for them, that image is not in the person of a black man.

FAX

mcaj22 12-29-2012 10:30 AM

What about the camp of people that still want a QB just not Geno Smith?

I think the Geno Smith homers are more polarizing to scoff at any other QB option the Chiefs would pick. I was in on Geno very early in the season. Like people on here still thinking we had a chance to make the playoffs back in August/September and I was in on the hottest college QB already assuming an awful season by the Chiefs, and that was Geno. I think other QBs have outplayed him throughout the season and by the combine a true prospect will sprout just like it did for RG3, Cam Newton, etc.

I myself am in the draft a QB camp, and I am also in the camp that there are better QBs to draft than Geno Smith.

Which should be okay, not because of skin color, not because of his play, just because of watching all of the QBs, it comes down to who you think will succeed in the NFL. It's a crapshoot and the chance that all these QBs coming out hitting success in this draft is very low. Will it be Geno? Will be ____ or ____? none or all 3? you dont know. The key is finding the best one. Is Geno the best? I dont think so, I think there are better.

FAX 12-29-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9248116)
Stereotypes can be inherently racist. And the stereotype about black QBs was/is that they lack the intelligence to play the position. Thus, they must out-athlete everyone else on the field.

This is obviously nonsensical bullshit.

Actually, I think that, for most of the neanderthals we're talking about, the issue is far more fundamental. Some people actually thrive on hate. Throw in a heaping helping of basic ignorance, and you have the makings of a bigot.

FAX

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9248161)
What about the camp of people that still want a QB just not Geno Smith?

I think the Geno Smith homers are more polarizing to scoff at any other QB option the Chiefs would pick. I was in on Geno very early in the season. Like people on here still thinking we had a chance to make the playoffs back in August/September and I was in on the hottest college QB already assuming an awful season by the Chiefs, and that was Geno. I think other QBs have outplayed him throughout the season and by the combine a true prospect will sprout just like it did for RG3, Cam Newton, etc.

I myself am in the draft a QB camp, and I am also in the camp that there are better QBs to draft than Geno Smith.

Which should be okay, not because of skin color, not because of his play, just because of watching all of the QBs, it comes down to who you think will succeed in the NFL. It's a crapshoot and the chance that all these QBs coming out hitting success in this draft is very low. Will it be Geno? Will be ____ or ____? none or all 3? you dont know. The key is finding the best one. Is Geno the best? I dont think so, I think there are better.

Who?

Chiefshrink 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248148)
I guess we have different definitions of racism then. When I hear someone is racist to me it means they are prejudice and dont think people who have a different skin color should have the same opportunities as them. If acknowledging statistical trends while also admitting exceptions makes you a "racist" then I guess Im a racist against my own race.

:clap: Excellent logical intelligence !

But 'candyman' I warn you not to go there because 'intelligence and Progressives are an oxymoron.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9248148)

Prejudice and racism are not the same thing.

People who are racist can have a prejudice against black people and then overtly display it and become a bigot.

Racism is passive, and most people are racist in one way or another.

stevieray 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Man, if Priest Holmes were white, he would've been loved so much more...

:rolleyes:

DeezNutz 12-29-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9248164)
Actually, I think that, for most of the neanderthals we're talking about, the issue is far more fundamental. Some people actually thrive on hate. Throw in a heaping helping of basic ignorance, and you have the makings of a bigot.

FAX

Yep.

WhiteWhale 12-29-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9248166)
:clap: Excellent logical intelligence !

But 'candyman' I warn you not to go there because 'intelligence and Progressives are an oxymoron.

Understanding of the English language is not 'progressive'. Don't be silly. Racism, prejudice, and bigotry mean different things.

Reaper16 12-29-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9248174)
Understanding of the English language is not 'progressive'. Don't be silly. Racism, prejudice, and bigotry mean different things.

You're the silly one! The dictionary is the biggest example of Alinskyizing there is!

Saccopoo 12-29-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9248161)
I think other QBs have outplayed him throughout the season...

And who would that be?

Smith:

350/490
4004 yards
71.4% completion
8.17 ypa
40 TDs
6 Ints
164.6 rating

I triple dog dare you to name a guy who outplayed Geno Smith at the QB position in 2013.

In fact, here's the Greatest Two QB's of the 21st century's numbers from their record setting/Heisman final year in college:

Luck:

288/404
3517 yards
71.3% completion
8.7 ypa
37 TDs
10 Ints
169.7 rating

Griffin:

291/402
4293 yards
72.4% completion
10.7 ypa
37 TDs
6 Ints
189.5 rating

Career numbers are also nearly identical.

There is not a QB in 2013 that can touch Smith numbers wise and when you watch the games, Smith is doing shit that not even Griffin or Luck did in terms of being forced to put the ball downfield in tight spots with defenders hanging all over him. Both Baylor and Stanford have had offensive lineman drafted first round recently and substantially better defenses than what Geno has had to play with this year. (WVU's defense was ranked 107th out of 120 FBS teams.)

QB's outplayed him...you are ****ing high as shit.