ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

bevischief 12-12-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9202884)
Happy Holidays - Fire Pioli - SOC

I like it. Book it.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-12-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9203052)
Happy Festivus - Saveourchiefs.com

ROFL Now if we're going to do multiple banners to display a long message, we could definitely do the airing of grievances.

Hammock Parties 12-12-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9203043)
You're not going to convince them. It's just going to further divide the fanbase. That's not what we want to do, is it? You're not going to put anything in a 25 character space that's going to convince some dumbass that T'eo isn't the guy. They're off their ****ing rocker.

I disagree. We've convinced a LOT of people that:

1. Scott Pioli needs to be fired.
2. Matt Cassel sucks.
3. Romeo sucks.

People have come on SOC and posted things like "I wanted to give these guys more time but now I am on board with your movement!"

There's basically nobody out there beating the drum that the Chiefs need to take a QB. Start beating it.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-12-2012 03:49 PM

GIVE US CHOCOLATE PAIN CLARK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Dayze 12-12-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9203063)
ROFL Now if we're going to do multiple banners to display a long message, we could definitely do the airing of grievances.

"and now....the feats of strength"!

Hammock Parties 12-12-2012 04:01 PM

DRAFT A QB, RESTORE HOPE - SOC.COM

the Talking Can 12-12-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9203040)
I have watched him play.....And you should, you were there with me...you were Watching me...While I was Watching Geno play and F---ING YOUR MOM AT THE SAME TIME.

no, you haven't

you couldn't tell us a thing about him...but we'll be here if you google up something and want to pass it off as your own thoughts

patteeu 12-12-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9203112)
no, you haven't

you couldn't tell us a thing about him...but we'll be here if you google up something and want to pass it off as your own thoughts

I'm not sure that whatever time you spent watching the guy makes your opinion any more valuable than someone who's only seen a few highlights.

htismaqe 12-12-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9202783)
At this point..I don't know...Will have to wait and see what happens in the Combine...But I personally like more traditional QB's, rather than Hybrid's. I'm old school.

ROFL

Guy obviously hasn't seen Geno Smith play.

Hybrid?

ROFL

htismaqe 12-12-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9203027)
Right. So what's the point? How do we come across positively by running down this list of demands on what Clark should do with the Chiefs? Bench Cassel pretty much told him we wanted a quarterback. EVERYONE knows we need one. Let's just stay on point, reiterate the need to fire Pioli, and wrap this baby up.

If you're going to play the "what's the point" card, why do anything at all?

The decision on Pioli has been made, for better or worse.

If we're going down the "what's the point" route, might as well just sit on our thumbs and do nothing.

O.city 12-12-2012 04:51 PM

I think by hybrid he means something else.

Something of the epidermis type else

htismaqe 12-12-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9203043)
You're not going to convince them. It's just going to further divide the fanbase. That's not what we want to do, is it? You're not going to put anything in a 25 character space that's going to convince some dumbass that T'eo isn't the guy. They're off their ****ing rocker.

And you're not going to convince Clark.

We've made it perfectly clear that we want Pioli fired. 1 more banner isn't going to do shit.

htismaqe 12-12-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9203231)

That's what I was thinking.

He meant to say "mulatto" but didn't want to come off racist.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-12-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9203229)
If you're going to play the "what's the point" card, why do anything at all?

The decision on Pioli has been made, for better or worse.

If we're going down the "what's the point" route, might as well just sit on our thumbs and do nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9203233)
And you're not going to convince Clark.

We've made it perfectly clear that we want Pioli fired. 1 more banner isn't going to do shit.

That's the thing though. We have solid statistics, and hard numbers to back up sending Scooter and Romeo packing. They've completely ****ed this franchise. It's not unreasonable. But we go from saying "Bench Cassel" to "Fire Pioli" to "Draft a 1st round QB". What's next? "Put Coke machines on the concourses" or maybe "sign player x" Where does it end? And at what point do we start sounding like douchebags? Because so far, I think we've come across really well and been a positive force for the fanbase. I could see that changing if we start changing dynamics significantly.

Now all that said, I'm not dead set against it, and see the points everyone has made. I just don't tend to lean toward it thinking it's a good idea.

Groves 12-12-2012 05:14 PM

YOU WIN SOME, YOU LOSE 14. FIRE PIOLI. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Hammock Parties 12-12-2012 05:18 PM

THANKS FOR #1 PICK, SCOTT. SEE YA. - SOC.COM

bevischief 12-12-2012 05:19 PM

A link to the Scott Pioli Facts.docx should do it.

BourbonMan 12-12-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9203221)
ROFL

Guy obviously hasn't seen Geno Smith play.

Hybrid?

ROFL

I have seen him play numerous times....Go back and read my posts..Did I ever say that Geno was a Hybrid..NO...I said I liked Traditional Pocket QB'S rather than Hybrids...But I never said Geno was one...I just don't like him and think he will be a bust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9203231)

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9203238)
That's what I was thinking.

He meant to say "mulatto" but didn't want to come off racist.

You both are really stupid...You don't even know me...do you even know what I look like..I might be white, black, asian, latino...You don't know...9 times out of 10...the people who accuse somebody of being racist, are usually the ones who are racist.

007 12-12-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9203370)
I have seen him play numerous times....Go back and read my posts..Did I ever say that Geno was a Hybrid..NO...I said I liked Traditional Pocket QB'S rather than Hybrids...But I never said Geno was one...I just don't like him and think he will be a bust.

You both are really stupid...You don't even know me...do you even know what I look like..I might be white, black, asian, latino...You don't know...9 times out of 10...the people who accuse somebody of being racist, are usually the ones who are racist.

You look like Lzen in your last pic. :D

BourbonMan 12-12-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9203374)
You look like Lzen in your last pic. :D

Quite...don't spoil it.:D:D

DeezNutz 12-12-2012 09:44 PM

Love Haley-Fire Pioli-SOC

Anything Haley would burn the ****ing shit out of our idiot GM.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-12-2012 09:52 PM

Maybe we **** with his head or something....

Good Luck managing your next Team, Scott. -SOC-

or

Clark, thank for listening, see ya Fat Scott... :p

Hammock Parties 12-12-2012 10:00 PM

COAL IN SCOTT'S STOCKING, LOL - SOC.COM

SCOTT AIN'T GETTIN' SHIT FOR XMAS - SOC.COM

MERRY XMAS LOSER - SOC.COM

Easy 6 12-12-2012 10:03 PM

#1 QB IN - OLD GM OUT - THANKS CLARK! @ SOC

Chief_For_Life58 12-12-2012 10:06 PM

Pioli: Belcher yourself. saveourchiefs.com

Hammock Parties 12-12-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9203845)
#1 QB IN - OLD GM OUT - THANKS CLARK! @ SOC

I like this eleventy billion percent.

pkane 12-12-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9202916)
And what bad/vague things have I said about Geno or for that matter any QB...Like I said before...I'm old school..I like the tradional pocket QB's, rather than the Hybrid QB's.

Riiiiiiight, hybrid huh? In which way? By that description I would have to assume you haven't seen him play too much.

What about him makes you think he is a hybrid? Is it all the scrambling and running after his first read?

tyler360 12-12-2012 10:32 PM

Well Bye - SOC.com

thebigshow 12-12-2012 11:28 PM

PLAY BREASTON - CAN PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

AussieChiefsFan 12-13-2012 01:32 AM

Draft chocolate painii #1 - saveourchiefs.com

Easy 6 12-13-2012 02:18 AM

When? when when when...

This franchise has never, EVER went top shelf for a quarterback in the draft, it has to STOP.

Bad year for a QB? who cares... this team hasnt developed ANYTHING at that position, isnt it time to start trying? and if he fails, half of the other teams in the league are looking for failed number #1 QB's and we can atleast, finally get value from that trade.

Its even likely that they screw the pick up, sad to say... but thats ok for now, you have to start somewhere, but just START PICKING QB'S, every single year.

Thats all that truly matters anymore, why has this franchise waited so long to try it? fear of failure?... failure is always going to happen when swinging for that position, and KC might have less experience at it than any other team in the league... but they HAVE to start trying.

QUARTERBACK, CLARK.

ed* 'never ever' is obviously false, but hey, gimme some consistency

the Talking Can 12-13-2012 06:19 AM

we can always go back to our roots

"Shoot Pioli In Face - Drink Aids - SOC"

htismaqe 12-13-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

It was absolutely implied. Don't try to wiggle out of it now.

Quote:

It's called a joke you ****ing moron.

htismaqe 12-13-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkane (Post 9203865)
Riiiiiiight, hybrid huh? In which way? By that description I would have to assume you haven't seen him play too much.

What about him makes you think he is a hybrid? Is it all the scrambling and running after his first read?

Oopsie.

Somebody else thought BourbonMan implied that Geno was a hybrid QB.

:rolleyes:

Hootie 12-13-2012 02:02 PM

I don't know why we just don't end it going back to our roots...

Fire Pioli, Draft a QB #1

pr_capone 12-13-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9205257)
I don't know why we just don't end it going back to our roots...

Fire Pioli, Draft a QB #1

I dunno that demanding a QB in the first round this coming draft is our best bet. Lots of experts saying that there is no solid 1st rd qb until the mid to late rounds. Personally, I would be ok with them drafting a QB in the 2nd round like a Tyler Wilson.

How about...

WE DESERVE BETTER - FIRE PIOLI - DRAFT QB - SOC

ILChief 12-13-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9205284)
I dunno that demanding a QB in the first round this coming draft is our best bet. Lots of experts saying that there is no solid 1st rd qb until the mid to late rounds. Personally, I would be ok with them drafting a QB in the 2nd round like a Tyler Wilson.

How about...

I think there is about a 2% chance Wilson falls to round 2. Round two you are looking at guys like Glennon and Bray if you are lucky.

durtyrute 12-13-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

How about...

Where do they come up with that? The top three Qbs, stat wise, all match up almost exactly with Luck, RG3 and just about any past QB you can think of.

htismaqe 12-13-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9205363)
I think there is about a 2% chance Wilson falls to round 2. Round two you are looking at guys like Glennon and Bray if you are lucky.

Wilson might not fall out of the top 5, let alone all the way to round 2.

DeezNutz 12-13-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

How about...

The "experts" right now are wrong as hell. This time last year, RGIII was being mocked late in the first, which many posters were laughing at, too.

No less than 3 QBs go in the first this year. While there might not be a blue-chip, no-brainer, this is a deep, talented draft for QBs.

Groves 12-13-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9205363)

Wouldn't mind starting next season with Geno AND Bray.

007 12-13-2012 05:21 PM

Ironic that the season the Chiefs may end up with the #1 overall pick is the season all the "experts" are saying it is a lousy year for QBs. It's almost as if they don't want the Chiefs to have a QB.

htismaqe 12-13-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9205838)
Ironic that the season the Chiefs may end up with the #1 overall pick is the season all the "experts" are saying it is a lousy year for QBs. It's almost as if they don't want the Chiefs to have a QB.

That's just the thing - ALL of the "experts" aren't saying that at all.

Scott Wright thinks it's a good year for QBs. Dan Shonka thinks it's a good year for QBs. Matt Miller thinks it's a good year for QBs.

Just because Todd McShay and Mel Kiper have bigger stages from which to speak doesn't mean they're the most knowledgeable.

007 12-13-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9205846)

Scott Wright thinks it's a good year for QBs. Dan Shonka thinks it's a good year for QBs. Matt Miller thinks it's a good year for QBs.

Just because Todd McShay and Mel Kiper have bigger stages from which to speak doesn't mean they're the most knowledgeable.

I'm just going by what I am hearing here on the board. I don't get any of those national sports channels. You are the first person I have really heard say that the experts are calling it a good year.

Tribal Warfare 12-13-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9205846)

Mayock's mock draft will be interesting

DeezNutz 12-13-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9205924)
I'm just going by what I am hearing here on the board. I don't get any of those national sports channels. You are the first person I have really heard say that the experts are calling it a good year.

From posters who, largely, have no knowledge of the QBs coming out.

htismaqe 12-13-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9205924)

Those guys are all on the Net, not on TV.

Hence my comment about the size of their "stage".

You get bombarded with Kiper and McShay anytime you tune in to ESPN.

You have to LOOK for those other guys.

BossChief 12-13-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9205749)
The "experts" right now are wrong as hell. This time last year, RGIII was being mocked late in the first, which many posters were laughing at, too.

No less than 3 QBs go in the first this year. While there might not be a blue-chip, no-brainer, this is a deep, talented draft for QBs.

In November of last year, Mel and Todd both had Tannehill and RG3 as late first round picks.

Everything changes once MM releases his top fives.

Same thing WILL happen this year.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-13-2012 08:11 PM

There will be 2 QB'S drafted in the top 5. Seriously. Smith and then Wilson. And if Murray declares and has a good combine he'll go top ten. I'm confident of that.

NJChiefsFan 12-13-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Lots of experts saying that there is no solid 1st rd qb until the mid to late rounds. Personally, I would be ok with them drafting a QB in the 2nd round like a Tyler Wilson.

This isn't a comment on what the banner should say, but to me it's not time to get cute with our first pick. If there is even a 5% chance that one of the QB's you want won't drop to the second round then you don't risk it. QB is too important. If I have a choice of 3rd QB on my board plus a top 5 pick at another position or 1st QB on my board and 2nd round player at any position I am taking the latter every single time. QB is just too damn important.

DeezNutz 12-13-2012 08:49 PM

There is a greater chance that Pioli is actually a normal guy, the victim of countless terrible lies, than Wilson falling to the second round.

NJChiefsFan 12-13-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9206296)
There is a greater chance that Pioli is actually a normal guy, the victim of countless terrible lies, than Wilson falling to the second round.

So really I should change my 5% chance to 0.0000000001%.

BossChief 12-13-2012 09:01 PM

I know the statements have been made that specific demands will not come from SOC, but let me try to make a point here of why we need to make a statement that we want a quarterback with that top pick...

It doesn't matter how many Piolis we fire...Romeos we replace or how many first and second round picks we use on receivers and linemen to block.

Until this team drafts a first round quarterback and develops him, it's all just a waste of time.

THE #1 PRIORITY THIS OFFSEASON IS DRAFTING THE RIGHT QUARTERBACK
everything else (coach, GM etc) is fighting for the second most important aspect to the offseason.

It doesn't matter if we hire an elite coaching staff and GM combination if they pick the wrong qb.

I think we need to make a statement that WE DESERVE A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK.

DeezNutz 12-13-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9206328)
I know the statements have been made that specific demands will not come from SOC, but let me try to make a point here of why we need to make a statement that we want a quarterback with that top pick...

It doesn't matter how many Piolis we fire...Romeos we replace or how many first and second round picks we use on receivers and linemen to block.

Until this team drafts a first round quarterback and develops him, it's all just a waste of time.

THE #1 PRIORITY THIS OFFSEASON IS DRAFTING THE RIGHT QUARTERBACK
everything else (coach, GM etc) is fighting for the second most important aspect to the offseason.

It doesn't matter if we hire an elite coaching staff and GM combination if they pick the wrong qb.

I think we need to make a statement that WE DESERVE A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK.

I agree that getting a franchise QB is key, but Pioli must be fired. The latter is still priority #1 because his incompetence makes any progress of any kind, literally, impossible.

Scott, you insecure ****, I know you're reading this thread because you cannot help yourself; be a man, for once in your professional career, and resign. Your pompous, incompetent ass came in talking about "championships," and you've destroyed the franchise and alienated the city and fan base. Own your mistakes. Step the **** down and go back to the safety of Hoodie's nut sack.

SAUTO 12-13-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9206371)
I agree that getting a franchise QB is key, but Pioli must be fired. The latter is still priority #1 because his incompetence makes any progress of any kind, literally, impossible.

Scott, you insecure ****, I know you're reading this thread because you cannot help yourself; be a man, for once in your professional career, and resign. Your pompous, incompetent ass came in talking about "championships," and you've destroyed the franchise and alienated the city and fan base. Own your mistakes. Step the **** down and go back to the safety of Hoodie's nut sack.

2nd
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 12-13-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

We can fire Pioli next year or any time in the future.

This might be the only time in the next 50 YEARS we have the #1 pick.

If it comes down to one or the other, we better take the QB even if it means keeping Pioli.

Buehler445 12-13-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

This.

Scott has got to go. If we end up with a top 3 pick, any GM worth his salt will take a cursory look at the QB position and go draft one in the first round.

If they don't, they shouldn't be a GM for my team.

Titty Meat 12-14-2012 01:47 AM

I'd laugh my ass off if Pioli is kept and trades back for Dysert

007 12-14-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9206878)

You shut your whore mouth!!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

htismaqe 12-14-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9206878)

Obviously, that's not what I'm advocating.

Would you laugh if we got Eric Decosta and he took Manti Te'o #1 overall?

DeezNutz 12-14-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9206652)
We can fire Pioli next year or any time in the future.

This might be the only time in the next 50 YEARS we have the #1 pick.

If it comes down to one or the other, we better take the QB even if it means keeping Pioli.

Don't agree.

This situation is so bad with Pioli that I liken it to an individual having an arsonist as a best friend. Yes, you can buy your dream house today, and it's true that this particular house will never come on the market again. However, the arsonist will burn the mother****er down on day one, so the purchase is moot before you ever finalize the contract.

Pioli is truly that bad. We must expunge this loathsome ****.

KCUnited 12-14-2012 08:23 AM

It would be like getting a boob job while having leukemia.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9207026)
Don't agree.

This situation is so bad with Pioli that I liken it to an individual having an arsonist as a best friend. Yes, you can buy your dream house today, and it's true that this particular house will never come on the market again. However, the arsonist will burn the mother****er down on day one, so the purchase is moot before you ever finalize the contract.

Pioli is truly that bad. We must expunge this loathsome ****.

The arsonist MIGHT burn it down on day one.

He might also get caught after the first month and get taken to jail, leaving you with your dream house intact.

Would you rather HAVE your dream house with a CHANCE of losing it versus never having your dream house at all?

The very thought of it is silly.

But it's moot, he's getting fired. Running another banner with "fire Pioli" on it is a complete waste of time.

But oh well, it's not my movement. I'm just one person.

DeezNutz 12-14-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207050)

He might also get caught after the first month and get taken to jail, leaving you with your dream house intact.

Would you rather HAVE your dream house with a CHANCE of losing it versus never having your dream house at all?

But it's moot, he's getting fired. Running another banner with "fire Pioli" on it is a complete waste of time.

I don't think there's any "might" about Pioli destroying the situation. Furthermore, if he's empowered to draft a QB in the first, I think he'll be in KC for at least two more years.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9207054)
I don't think there's any "might" about Pioli destroying the situation. Furthermore, if he's empowered to draft a QB in the first, I think he'll be in KC for at least two more years.

So you think Pioli could "destroy" Geno Smith?

A drafted QB could be here for over 10 years, not two.

And again, it's moot. Pioli is getting fired.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 08:54 AM

By the way, if we suddenly fly a banner that says something about drafting a QB NOBODY, especially CLARK, is gonna think that's a de facto "keep Pioli" sign. Nobody.

The point about Pioli has been made. No amount of banners is going to change it. Not flying a "fire Pioli" banner isn't changing the subject or giving up. FLYING a "fire Pioli" banner is completely redundant.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2012 08:56 AM

Agree completely with Htismaqe.

The banner needs to be either pro Breaston or pro QB.

Or maybe....

SAVE BREASTON, DRAFT A QB

Dayze 12-14-2012 08:59 AM

"Don't Screw It UP, Draft a QB - saveourchiefs.com

patteeu 12-14-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207050)

I hope you're right about Pioli getting fired. I'm a little worried about it.

I think we can safely say that Crennel is done and that the team will have to get a new starting QB (although I'm not certain that it will be with the #1 pick). I'm not so sure about Pioli, unfortunately.

patteeu 12-14-2012 09:06 AM

I think you're better off hammering the consistent message (that Pioli is the root of fan discontent) home and letting the rest take care of itself.

ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS A NEW GM - SOC

If Pioli is already as good as gone, you still win.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9207103)
I hope you're right about Pioli getting fired. I'm a little worried about it.

I think we can safely say that Crennel is done and that the team will have to get a new starting QB (although I'm not certain that it will be with the #1 pick). I'm not so sure about Pioli, unfortunately.

Well again, if Clark is bringing Pioli back after EVERYTHING he's done and all of the losses, NO AMOUNT of banners will change it.

We've made our point. All we can really do now is wait. Or add to our message, which is what I think we should be doing...

patteeu 12-14-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207111)
Well again, if Clark is bringing Pioli back after EVERYTHING he's done and all of the losses, NO AMOUNT of banners will change it.

We've made our point. All we can really do now is wait. Or add to our message, which is what I think we should be doing...

We'll have to agree to disagree. Whether the point's been made or not, I think it's valuable to continue to make it until the objective is accomplished. And any "add" to the message inevitably subtracts from the support SOC has developed, IMO.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9207139)
We'll have to agree to disagree. Whether the point's been made or not, I think it's valuable to continue to make it until the objective is accomplished. And any "add" to the message inevitably subtracts from the support SOC has developed, IMO.

Advocating drafting a QB subtracts from the support SOC has developed but continuing to fly "fire Pioli" banners doesn't?

The whole "fire Pioli" message is what created the divide in the fans in the first place.

There's NOTHING divisive about wanting to draft a QB. Nothing.

DeezNutz 12-14-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207178)
Advocating drafting a QB subtracts from the support SOC has developed but continuing to fly "fire Pioli" banners doesn't?

The whole "fire Pioli" message is what created the divide in the fans in the first place.

I don't perceive a divide. Not a meaningful one, anyway.

patteeu 12-14-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207178)

The people who support SOC are obviously all on board with "FIRE PIOLI".

If you add "DRAFT GENO" to that, you're going to lose some of the people who want to fire Pioli and draft Barkley or fire Pioli and sign Alex Smith or fire Pioli and get two mid-round QBs to compete with Brady Quinn, or whatever.

If you add something less specific, like "DRAFT A QB IN THE 1ST", you'll have less erosion of support from the fire Pioli crowd, but there will probably still be some who would rather defer to Pioli's successor (who might choose to trade for a QB instead, for example).

htismaqe 12-14-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9207199)
The people who support SOC are obviously all on board with "FIRE PIOLI".

If you add "DRAFT GENO" to that, you're going to lose some of the people who want to fire Pioli and draft Barkley or fire Pioli and sign Alex Smith or fire Pioli and get two mid-round QBs to compete with Brady Quinn, or whatever.

If you add something less specific, like "DRAFT A QB IN THE 1ST", you'll have less erosion of support from the fire Pioli crowd, but there will probably still be some who would rather defer to Pioli's successor (who might choose to trade for a QB instead, for example).

I wasn't EVER suggesting we mention Geno Smith by name.

By and large, the people who don't want a QB are also the people that think Pioli is staying (or should stay). We'll NEVER reach those people, regardless of our message.

Again, other than beating a dead horse and satisfying some fans who just can't be patient, what purpose does another "fire Pioli" banner do?

htismaqe 12-14-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9207186)
I don't perceive a divide. Not a meaningful one, anyway.

There was a considerable backlash to the SOC message in the beginning and there's still people on Facebook that think it's classless and deranged.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9207199)
Pioli's successor (who might choose to trade for a QB instead, for example).

All the MORE reason to get the "draft a QB" message out.

Trading for somebody else's sloppy seconds is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

patteeu 12-14-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207229)
I wasn't EVER suggesting we mention Geno Smith by name.

You never mentioned it, but it has certainly been suggested. I use it as an extreme example to illustrate the point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207229)
By and large, the people who don't want a QB are also the people that think Pioli is staying (or should stay). We'll NEVER reach those people, regardless of our message.

Again, other than beating a dead horse and satisfying some fans who just can't be patient, what purpose does another "fire Pioli" banner do?

The primary purpose is maintaining a consistent message and the secondary purpose is to avoid coming across like some fantasy GM wannabes.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9207305)
The primary purpose is maintaining a consistent message

This has already been accomplished. No need for any more banners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9207305)
and the secondary purpose is to avoid coming across like some fantasy GM wannabes.

That perception existed the second the first banner flew.