ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 04:18 PM

They are, but I found an easy way to do it so why not? Give the audience what they want. Plus, Dave Lane busted his ass and almost got arrested so, anything for that guy.

The Franchise 11-21-2012 04:23 PM

Barry isn't happy.

:D

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 04:24 PM

An unexpected bonus. LMAO

The Franchise 11-21-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9139943)
An unexpected bonus. LMAO

You'd better prepare to be in his next podcast. ROFL

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 04:47 PM

Great video with an incredible shot of the banner in HD.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/35X4qp-hPwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9139973)

I've been in his podcasts constantly for a month now. Anyone associated with Save Our Chiefs is the enemy to him.

Phobia 11-21-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9139973)

You should both take him down to 148 views.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 04:51 PM

Nah, I can't get enough of the attention. He's a clown, I'm a clown, and I enjoy being part of the circus.

ghak99 11-21-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9139976)
Great video with an incredible shot of the banner in HD.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/35X4qp-hPwI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

The helicopter footage of the banner is pretty cool & the man in black knocked that one out of the park.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 05:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IL9vo.jpg

The Franchise 11-21-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9140026)

ROFL

BossChief 11-21-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9138553)
I guess I don't care if you use the shopped pic here. I just don't think it would be cool if you put it in one of your vids or on the SOC feed. Here's the orig.

ROFL @ the guy on the left with the "rocking the red at arrowhead" sign....with the BLACK coat on.

Classic.

CaliforniaChief 11-21-2012 06:55 PM

Damn, Clay...you are on a roll. What's frightening is how good everyone is getting at this.

pr_capone 11-21-2012 06:55 PM

FIRE PIOLI & END THE BLACKOUT – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

will fly over Arrowhead on Sunday. I realize the vote was split and not everyone is in love with the message... I ask that you get behind it and continue supporting us as we muddle our way through taking down Pioli.

007 11-21-2012 06:58 PM

ugh. I really don't think that will go well.

BossChief 11-21-2012 07:03 PM

I love it. I wonder if the games will start to truly e "blacked out" after the Bronco game...

DeezNutz 11-21-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9140161)

will fly over Arrowhead on Sunday. I realize the vote was split and not everyone is in love with the message... I ask that you get behind it and continue supporting us as we muddle our way through taking down Pioli.

:rockon:

CaliforniaChief 11-21-2012 07:19 PM

Great job, PR. Everyone supports you. We have to check out egos at the door and stay unified.

TOGETHER. IS. POWERFUL.

Seriously, it's awesome and you guys are doing amazing work. I really do think that when Scott is deposed and the Patriot Way leaves KC in the middle of the night, it will be credited as the first ever Twitter/Social Media overthrow of a sports administration, and it will serve as a model to disgruntled fans of all sports, everywhere.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 07:22 PM

If all goes well the Blackout video will be released tonight.

In58men 11-21-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9140219)
If all goes well the Blackout video will be released tonight.

We heard this before

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9140233)
We heard this before

No, that was due to the involvement of other parties.

When I solo, shit gets released on time.

BossChief 11-21-2012 08:00 PM

Is this a SOC thing or is it a clay thing?

Be careful.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140289)
Is this a SOC thing or is it a clay thing?

Be careful.

Chill out. ROFL

pr_capone 11-21-2012 09:33 PM

link to the updated flyer - OP edit as well

http://goo.gl/2dsbM

Dayze 11-21-2012 09:42 PM

Dude, I can't see how anyone fan in their right mind could defend Pioli, or slam SOC after reading the Pioli document.

pr_capone 11-21-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9140537)
Dude, I can't see how anyone fan in their right mind could defend Pioli, or slam SOC after reading the Pioli document.

Who would read that Anti-Pioli propaganda!?!?!

Dayze 11-21-2012 09:54 PM

un PATRIOTic fans

Phobia 11-21-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9140161)

I'm not mad. I accept what the people chose. I'm just concerned with backlash and I think we need to be very careful with the message. I know the intention wasn't to be nasty but this one can easily be construed and absolutely will be construed as we got too big for our britches and are taking a threatening/cocky tone. I don't give a rip what the Chiefs think about the message because 90% of them should and will be gone. I care what our brothers and sisters at Arrowhead think though and if some of them are on the fence this one isn't going to endear us to them.

hometeam 11-21-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140578)
I'm not mad. I accept what the people chose. I'm just concerned with backlash and I think we need to be very careful with the message. I know the intention wasn't to be nasty but this one can easily be construed and absolutely will be construed as we got too big for our britches and are taking a threatening/cocky tone. I don't give a rip what the Chiefs think about the message because 90% of them should and will be gone. I care what our brothers and sisters at Arrowhead think though and if some of them are on the fence this one isn't going to endear us to them.

Agreed with this. I think there is a chance that people don't know as much/go with trying to extend the blackout. If they don't, the banner and blackout could lose all power.

BigRedChief 11-21-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9140211)
Great job, PR. Everyone supports you. We have to check out egos at the door and stay unified.

TOGETHER. IS. POWERFUL.

Seriously, it's awesome and you guys are doing amazing work. I really do think that when Scott is deposed and the Patriot Way leaves KC in the middle of the night, it will be credited as the first ever Twitter/Social Media overthrow of a sports administration, and it will serve as a model to disgruntled fans of all sports, everywhere.

THIS! :thumb:

ghak99 11-21-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140578)

I get the same feeling when reading it.

There is something about the "&" in the FIRE PIOLI & END THE BLACKOUT – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM banner that bothers me. I'm not sure why, because it's the same damn words, but END THE BLACKOUT - FIRE PIOLI – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM seems less threatening or demanding to me.

007 11-21-2012 10:19 PM

Please reconsider this PR.

hometeam 11-21-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9140605)

There is something about the "&" in the FIRE PIOLI & END THE BLACKOUT – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM banner that bothers me. I'm not sure why, because it's the same damn words, but END THE BLACKOUT - FIRE PIOLI – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM seems less threatening or demanding to me.

I like this idea also.

Molitoth 11-21-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

this is much better.

Phobia 11-21-2012 10:34 PM

Agree with ghak99. But once again, my pushback on this is out of concern for SOC and fence-riding fans, not because of some personal agenda. If I had my way, not one of those 3 choices would have made the finals. The problem with limited characters is there's so much room for misunderstanding. I'm all for letting people decide but quite frankly, the average Joe doesn't know how to properly convey a message to the masses. In fact, if it were up to me, I'd let somebody who does this stuff for multi-million dollar accounts on a daily basis decide. Let's ask tiny_elvis his take.

the Talking Can 11-21-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

but END THE BLACKOUT - FIRE PIOLI – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM seems less threatening or demanding to me.

agree

Phobia 11-21-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9140670)
agree

I think part of it was the "&" combining them as a singular statement. I'm assuming they can't even put a & on the banners considering how they're fabricated.

BossChief 11-21-2012 10:55 PM

How can one find out how many tickets the Chiefs had to buy themselves to avoid a real blackout against Cincy?

I bet the Carolina game is blacked out on TV.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 11-21-2012 10:57 PM

Thank you ghak

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y0VvmiU9xZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9140010)
The helicopter footage of the banner is pretty cool & the man in black knocked that one out of the park.

pr_capone 11-21-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure why, because it's the same damn words, but END THE BLACKOUT - FIRE PIOLI – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM seems less threatening or demanding to me.

I agree... WAY agree.

Done.

Chiefspants 11-21-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

but END THE BLACKOUT - FIRE PIOLI – SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM seems less threatening or demanding to me.

+1

TinyEvel 11-21-2012 11:02 PM

I didn't vote in the poll but I do agree that the way it was listed in the poll gave me that reaction-- seemed threatening. Had an "or else" tone. We have said fire Pioli before so more of that is not gonna go overboard IMO.
I do like it better as "End the blackout - fire Pioli - ...etc

Bu maybe there's something else, semantically. I guess it all comes down to how aggressive you want the SOC brand to be.

ghak99 11-21-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9140691)
Thank you ghak

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y0VvmiU9xZM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Big Cash fan!

You guys sure aren't getting any better looking... but you can definitely tell you're improving with every interview. :thumb:

Groves 11-21-2012 11:16 PM

Clark, if he has decided to retain PIOLI, has only one weapon against SOC. Only one, but it's powerful. Only one, but it's been used to slay movements like ours since the dawn of time.

His only option for success is to wait us out. It's to bet that we won't last, that we'll splinter and implode.

All it takes is one major foul up that makes us vulnerable, or more likely we become less attractive to the media outlets. Once we become ridiculable, even if the facts remain on our side, we're toast.

One of our strongest plays is to keep the ball rolling with as many hangers-on as possible. Yes, if they were totally sold out to SOC we could take a harsher stance, but we know that if the going gets only a little tough, like even the smallest amount, they'll bail.

We're in it for the long haul. We know that we'll see it through, but the smart choice is to keep it easy peasy to agree with us.

Can't win it with our (ahem) good looks.

007 11-21-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9140724)
Clark, if he has decided to retain PIOLI, has only one weapon against SOC. Only one, but it's powerful. Only one, but it's been used to slay movements like ours since the dawn of time.

His only option for success is to wait us out. It's to bet that we won't last, that we'll splinter and implode.

All it takes is one major foul up that makes us vulnerable, or more likely we become less attractive to the media outlets. Once we become ridiculable, even if the facts remain on our side, we're toast.

One of our strongest plays is to keep the ball rolling with as many hangers-on as possible. Yes, if they were totally sold out to SOC we could take a harsher stance, but we know that if the going gets only a little tough, like even the smallest amount, they'll bail.

We're in it for the long haul. We know that we'll see it through, but the smart choice is to keep it easy peasy to agree with us.

Can't win it with our (ahem) good looks.

Wives front and center.

Phobia 11-21-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9140699)
I agree... WAY agree.

Done.

Awesome. I'm as happy as I can be. Great compromise. Thanks.

Iowanian 11-21-2012 11:33 PM

Pioli, Cassel and Romeo

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...VY8QKzzUJkwBHX

You know where this is heading when the owner gets a copy of the paperwork........

prcapone
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...aEJud2Oai0B7Ir

Iowanian 11-21-2012 11:35 PM

Chief fans the day Pioli goes away

http://fogsmoviereviews.files.wordpr...se_in_rain.jpg

Chiefspants 11-21-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9140699)
I agree... WAY agree.

Done.

Perfect

Easy 6 11-21-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9140752)

It will make Carls exit look like a dress rehearsal.

Let the glorious and rampant speculation about our new direction BEGIN!

BossChief 11-21-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9140752)

To me, it wont just take getting rid of Pioli to get that feeling. I want him to be replaced with a competent GM, who hires a good head football coach and for us to draft Geno Smith with the first overall pick. For this team to have a chance at a superbowl in the next 5 years, ALL of those things NEED to happen. 2/3 just wont do because we all know EXACTLY what it looks like to have 2/3 of a team. In the 90s, we had great defense and special teams...but little offense. In the early to mid 2000s we had GREAT offense, but no defense.

FFS for JUST ONCE, Id like to get excited for a team that has EVERYTHING.

Phobia 11-21-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140771)
FFS for JUST ONCE, Id like to get excited for a team that has EVERYTHING.

Never gonna happen. Ever. Even the dynasties had missing pieces.

pr_capone 11-22-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140774)

Cant think of a whole lot the Bulls were missing. :harumph:

Phobia 11-22-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9140780)
Cant think of a whole lot the Bulls were missing. :harumph:

Fair enough. I hadn't considered other leagues.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9140750)

I prefer to use V for Vendetta.

Everyone joins Save Our Chiefs

http://i.imgur.com/dE7YT.gif

The Blackout

http://i.imgur.com/5PMXD.gif

PIOLI FIRED

http://i.imgur.com/gk60q.gif

BossChief 11-22-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140774)

Im not saying we need ELITE at all three facets...but Id like to see a team that has a A/B/B or even a A/A/C or something like that.

I know this is gonna paint me as a big homer, but I still dont think we are as far off as some think we are if we fill the big roles with quality hires/picks.

We have the pieces for a really good offensive line...maybe even borderline elite. It includes a really good left tackle that would be even better with a QB that gets the ball out on time.
We have the pieces for an ELITE pass rush.
We have borderline elite linebackers if we can upgrade Belchers spot.
We are a piece or two from having a borderline elite receiving corps.
Our running backs are pretty damn good with a chance to be elite if we had a competent passing game.

I am one of the few that think we are in good shape if we hire a LEGIT HC/GM combo and draft the right quarterback.

If this team hires a guy like Bill Cowher and a GM he can work with.. and drafts a kid like Geno Smith...sky is the ****ing limit.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 12:23 AM

Personally I think our RBs suck outside of Charles.

I haven't seen the other scabs make a single big play.

The pieces for an elite pass rush aren't there. We have 0 interior rush.

I do like 3 of the OL but who knows if Hudson (post-injury) and Allen will ever be worth shit.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 12:24 AM

Incoming!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...99293081_n.jpg

AussieChiefsFan 11-22-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140793)
Im not saying we need ELITE at all three facets...but Id like to see a team that has a A/B/B or even a A/A/C or something like that.

I know this is gonna paint me as a big homer, but I still dont think we are as far off as some think we are if we fill the big roles with quality hires/picks.

We have the pieces for a really good offensive line...maybe even borderline elite. It includes a really good left tackle that would be even better with a QB that gets the ball out on time.
We have the pieces for an ELITE pass rush.
We have borderline elite linebackers if we can upgrade Belchers spot.
We are a piece or two from having a borderline elite receiving corps.
Our running backs are pretty damn good with a chance to be elite if we had a competent passing game.

I am one of the few that think we are in good shape if we hire a LEGIT HC/GM combo and draft the right quarterback.

If this team hires a guy like Bill Cowher and a GM he can work with.. and drafts a kid like Geno Smith...sky is the ****ing limit.

This!!

BossChief 11-22-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9140798)
Personally I think our RBs suck outside of Charles.

I haven't seen the other scabs make a single big play.

The pieces for an elite pass rush aren't there. We have 0 interior rush.

I do like 3 of the OL but who knows if Hudson (post-injury) and Allen will ever be worth shit.

You are looking at things as they sit wihile running the passing schemes these jokers use on defense.

Turn back the clock to the second half of last year when Romeo turned up the heat a little and you will see what the defense would look like if a guy like Bill Cowher is hired to be the HC and brings along a guy that can install his zone blitzing, attacking defense.

Even if our running backs don't turn it up like I think they would if we had a good passing attack, replacements are a dime a dozen and with Charles, it wouldn't take a couple high picks to do so. I REALLY like Gray and think Draughn is above average.

The offensive line is rated very high on all the grading sites and that's with crap at QB...if we had a guy that could make teams pay for blitzing us, it would make all the difference. Allen is coming around, as I said he would. His technique is improving game to game and his transition to guard is looking nice. He started the year playing too high and is using his power base a lot better...I think the guy is gonna be good.

I seriously think we are the 2010 49ers...but we have got to make the right hires and picks this offseason or else the slide could continue and this team may never realize its potential.

BossChief 11-22-2012 12:35 AM

They keep asking the players why they seem to come out flat and why it seems they arent giving full effort out there.

You know why?

Horrible coach and quarterback.

The players KNOW they arent gonna win shit with these guys...replace them with a coach like Cowher and a quarterback with the tools Geno has and you better get buckled up!

007 11-22-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9140799)

I was there for the making of that sign. heh

bowener 11-22-2012 01:11 AM

I still like the idea of getting hundreds of paper bags printed with the SOC moniker on them (upside of course).

bowener 11-22-2012 01:37 AM

Clayton,
If you have the stats handy, and if it is fairly easy, how do they Pioli fail facts change if you include teams the Chiefs have played that are 7-9 or better? Or even just 8-8... I am guessing the Chiefs are still pretty craptastic. I was just thinking of all the times we've lost to the Bills lately...

edit: Just from including 8-8 Broncos and Raiders teams the Chiefs lost 5 more there.

Basically I am just curious how bad the Chiefs really are. I expect them to lose to winning teams, most people do, so I am curious how they fare against average to slightly below average foes. I am guessing poorly.

Phobia 11-22-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9140875)
I was just thinking of all the times we've lost to the Bills lately...

It's ridiculous. I spent a ton of money sitting 3 rows up in 2002 to see them lose to Rob Johnson and the Bills by one lousy point. It was my wife's first game at Arrowhead, IIRC and I was pissed. I don't think we've beaten them in the past decade.

bowener 11-22-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140891)
It's ridiculous. I spent a ton of money sitting 3 rows up in 2002 to see them lose to Rob Johnson and the Bills by one lousy point. It was my wife's first game at Arrowhead, IIRC and I was pissed. I don't think we've beaten them in the past decade.

2010 I think we won.

AussieChiefsFan 11-22-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9140910)
2010 I think we won.

yea, late in OT

Phobia 11-22-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9140910)
2010 I think we won.

So we're like 1-3 or 1-4 in a decade against a horrible franchise.

AussieChiefsFan 11-22-2012 02:34 AM

uhuh
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140915)

bowener 11-22-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140915)

Or they are 3-1 or 4-1 against a horrible franchise...

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9140875)
Clayton,
If you have the stats handy, and if it is fairly easy, how do they Pioli fail facts change if you include teams the Chiefs have played that are 7-9 or better? Or even just 8-8

So we are 3-16 against winning teams.

If you include 7-9 and 8-8 teams:

2009: 1-3
2010: 3-2
2011: 4-4

That's 8-9 or 11-25 if you add it all together.

In 2012 we are 1-3 against teams that will likely end up 7-9 or 8-8.

mdchiefsfan 11-22-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9140211)

TOGETHER. IS. POWERFUL.

This

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 05:19 AM

Best shot of the blackout I've seen.

http://chiefconcerns.com/wp-content/...1/DSC01773.jpg

AussieChiefsFan 11-22-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141009)

just... Astonishing. And sad.

007 11-22-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

YOu can see me in that pic.

the Talking Can 11-22-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

all black in the upper level and end zone , 80% everywhere else....nice

mdchiefsfan 11-22-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

:eek:

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 05:56 AM

Most donkey fans are gonna wear dark blue this weekend I bet...heh heh heh heh heh.

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9140782)
Fair enough. I hadn't considered other leagues.

The '99 Rams had the No. 1 offense and the No. 4 defense. Not sure where their special teams ranked, but I seem to remember it being at least respectable.

007 11-22-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141027)
Most donkey fans are gonna wear dark blue this weekend I bet...heh heh heh heh heh.

Nah, they will wear their orange and it will be Halloween at Arrowhead again.