ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Scientists find cosmic ripples from birth of universe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282341)

DaFace 03-17-2014 10:13 PM

Pretty good video explaining what this means. It's hard to understand the magnitude of this, but I've seen it referred to as the "discoveries in physics and cosmology in decades". So here ya go.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VxzxI5sCXfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 03-17-2014 10:30 PM

Knock knock knock, Penny
Knock knock knock, Penny
Knock knock knock, Penny

Dave Lane 03-17-2014 10:31 PM

If anybody ever cares to check on it, you should google what's called Planck time you will find amazing things happening in time iso small it's almost immeasurable. That's what they're talking about in the video and what the guy was talking about in the other video about billions of trillionths of trillionths of seconds when you get down to a certain level it's called Planck time.

If you have a scientific mind you will be amazed.

Chiefshrink 03-17-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10499334)
If you have a scientific mind you will be amazed.

Yes I am thoroughly amazed and even more convinced that God created all of this and in no way could all this have evolved from primordial slime.;)

Dave Lane 03-17-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10499344)
Yes I am thoroughly amazed and even more convinced that God created all of this and in no way could all this have evolved from primordial slime.;)

I say this most whole heartedly, you are the proof that your statement is completely wrong.

listopencil 03-17-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10498859)
Broncos just signed Cosmic Ripples to a three year 5.2 million dollar contract.

That's a good deal for a quality Guard. Solidifies our line and crystallizes our draft philosophy. I like it.

Dave Lane 03-17-2014 10:44 PM

Planck's time is the time it takes for light to travel Planck's length. Actions across lengths less than this boundary have no meaning because distance/relativity stop and quantum mechanics take over at Planck's length. The smallest length (Planck's length) divided by the fastest speed (the speed of light), is the time it takes for the fastest thing to travel the shortest distance. Thus, times shorter than Planck's time do not make sense.

T-post Tom 03-17-2014 10:54 PM

nsfw (maybe)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JWVshkVF0SY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crazycoffey 03-18-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10499347)
I say this most whole heartedly, you are the proof that your statement is completely wrong.

I've never understood how/why science and religion are contineuly at odds over creation/birth of time theories. Seems to me the only way to truely understand either would be to concede at least some truth to the other.

listopencil 03-18-2014 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10499432)
I've never understood how/why science and religion are continually at odds over creation/birth of time theories. Seems to me the only way to truly understand either would be to concede at least some truth to the other.

They represent two different methods of answering two different questions using the same set of data.

TripleThreat 03-18-2014 12:55 AM

So what made the tiny speck that created the universe? Where did it come from? Haha

J Diddy 03-18-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10499432)
I've never understood how/why science and religion are contineuly at odds over creation/birth of time theories. Seems to me the only way to truely understand either would be to concede at least some truth to the other.

It boils down to religion revolving around God being perfect. If God was perfect then there's no need for evolution because it would have been done right the first time.

Like you I don't see the big deal either. God made creatures capable of evolving as the situations evolve. Seems pretty perfect to me.

J Diddy 03-18-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 10499446)
So what made the tiny speck that created the universe? Where did it come from? Haha

Most likely your mother, however we will never know who the father was.

Hee hee haw haw.
(Of course I'm just joshing)

Rausch 03-18-2014 03:45 AM

Heh...the universe has stretch marks...

Jimmya 03-18-2014 04:10 AM

Thank God!