ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

SLAG 01-06-2010 06:55 PM

SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/7459154936

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Schefter
It's likely to be a New England reunion: Now that Charlie Weis has agreed to work in Kansas City, Romeo Crennel will not be far behind.

Latest update orig posted by MR_Tomahawk:

Giants' candidate Crennel joins Chiefs

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...ylzTTgr5Hj3wEI

6:28 PM, January 11, 2010 ι By PAUL SCHWARTZ
One-time Giants assistant and former Browns head coach Romeo Crennel will not be the new Giants defensive coordinator. Crennel has been hired to run the Chiefs defense.

Crenell never interviewed with Tom Coughlin but the Giants did express some interest.

One candidate Coughlin has already interviewed, former Bills head coach Perry Fewell, was in Chicago to speak with head coach Lovie Smith about the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell is considered the front-runner.

Fewell, once Coughlin's defensive backs coach with the Jaguars, met last Thursday with Coughlin with the understanding he was in the running for the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell worked in St. Louis and Chicago for Smith and it appears the two will work together again.

Another interesting possibility: Mike Zimmer. His contract will soon expire with the Bengals. Zimmer successfully ran the defenses for the Cowboys and Falcons and did a solid job this season in Cincinnati. Zimmer may attract some interest around the league as a potential head-coaching candidate.

Tom Cable is expected to be fired as head coach of the Raiders and if he is, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride is again likely to get an interview. Gilbride last year interviewed for the job.

KC kid 01-06-2010 06:56 PM

I do not know how I feel about Crennel and this is MUCH better than how I feel about Clancy

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-06-2010 06:57 PM

I would be better than Clancy and all i know is masturbating pigs !

SLAG 01-06-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 6416469)
I would be better than Clancy and all i know is masturbating pigs !

That is the most under rated skill in the NFL today.
So here is to you Mr. Pig Masturbator!

KC kid 01-06-2010 06:58 PM

This is a random though, but, if the Chiefs get Crennel, do they have the two biggest name coordinators in the NFL?

DeezNutz 01-06-2010 06:59 PM

http://www.merryswankster.com/images/Blues_brothers.jpg

eazyb81 01-06-2010 06:59 PM

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT

-King- 01-06-2010 07:00 PM

Good shit.

Now all we have to see is if we can get robert kraft and belichick.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 01-06-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 6416473)
This is a random though, but, if the Chiefs get Crennel, do they have the two biggest name coordinators in the NFL?

Either way does it matter?

If Crennel is a hire, at least we have someone that actually coaches the 34.

Pendergast never did. He's a 43 guy.

TheGuardian 01-06-2010 07:01 PM

To the MF'er ship.

BossChief 01-06-2010 07:01 PM

At least we arent dragging our feet.

Crennel and Weis are huge upgrades to what we had in 2009, so we have that going for us.

unothadeal 01-06-2010 07:02 PM

The Best Offseason EVAR 2.0

KCinNY 01-06-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 6416461)
I do not know how I feel about Crennel and this is MUCH better than how I feel about Clancy

This.

Even if your a Romeo-hater...you know it's an upgrade.

stlchiefs 01-06-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 6416472)
That is the most under rated skill in the NFL today.
So here is to you Mr. Pig Masturbator!

Just ask Weigmann. He spends a lot of time between the legs!

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-06-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

No way, Romeo Crennel is only 12 letters and Charlie weis is only 11 letters. I just gotta think theres bigger names out there.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-06-2010 07:03 PM

Lota chubbies popping up...

KC will potentially have 2 new chubbies...

...and there is a chubby in my pants...

SLAG 01-06-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlchiefs (Post 6416491)
Just ask Weigmann. He spends a lot of time between the legs!

ROFL

Red Beans 01-06-2010 07:03 PM

It'll be an improvement. I'd put money on it.

Iowanian 01-06-2010 07:06 PM

The coaches can be a family for the 2010 biggest loser.

Imagine being a player weighing 210, being told you're too fat by the Mangini-esque Dolomite...or is it Weisomite and Crennelomite?

Ebony and Ivory
tipping the scales at 693

I said it in another thread but go on record that I like this hiring. His experience with the 3-4 and as a head coach can only help Haley, and evaluations on free agents he knows about as well as draft.

Pioli Zombie 01-06-2010 07:08 PM

Vince Wilfork!!!! Get Vince Wilfork!!!

-King- 01-06-2010 07:10 PM

KCI now needs to redo all their runways just so they hold up to the weight they'll be taking on everytime the chiefs have an away game.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:12 PM

Scott Pioli, Innovator.

CrazyPhuD 01-06-2010 07:13 PM

Sweet we'll have two name coordinators...which just means that all the free agents will flock to us!

MTG#10 01-06-2010 07:16 PM

If this happens, 2nd best off-season EVAR!

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlock
If the Chiefs open next season with Crennel as defensive coordinator and Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator, it will be official that Pioli doesn’t have one original idea.

keg in kc 01-06-2010 07:19 PM

Whether it's original or not is irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not it works.

LaChapelle 01-06-2010 07:20 PM

The pontoon has come in

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416546)
Whether or not it's original or not is irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not it works.

Point me to one case in NFL history where it has.

keg in kc 01-06-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416552)

It's a double-edged statement: past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Red Dawg 01-06-2010 07:22 PM

This would be kick ass if it happens. Crennel has 5 SB rings as DC. Giants and NE.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416562)
It's a double-edged statement: past performance is no guarantee of future results.

No, it's a pretty clear statement.

You can't treat football like it's alchemy. It's been proven over and over again.

nychief 01-06-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 6416563)
This would be kick ass if it happens. Crennel has 5 SB rings as DC. Giants and NE.

crennel was not the DC on the gmen teams. he was a position coach.

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Whether it's original or not is irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not it works.

This. There are no longer any original ideas in this league. Its all copycat. It worked before, lets try it again. It may fail. It may work to perfection. Who knows? I'm glad Haley's head isn't to big to the point he wouldn't hire an OC. These guys have been successful as coordinators in the past. I really hope with the CW hire, Haley can concentrate on his job and cut back on his stupid in-game decisions.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 6416524)
Sweet we'll have two name coordinators...which just means that all the free agents will flock to us!

it sure won't hurt

it will also help the Haley ranting crap that won't be appealing to FA's

now there is a well known buffer between haley and the players

HBKChiefs 01-06-2010 07:28 PM

Wow. What a day if this is true. Which it probably is because it's coming from Shefter. I'm excited!

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416585)
This. There are no longer any original ideas in this league. Its all copycat. It worked before, lets try it again. It may fail. It may work to perfection. Who knows? I'm glad Haley's head isn't to big to the point he wouldn't hire an OC. These guys have been successful as coordinators in the past. I really hope with the CW hire, Haley can concentrate on his job and cut back on his stupid in-game decisions.

Spoken like a true Chiefs fan.

"Let's try the WCO"
"Let's try Air Coryell"
"Let's try the Tampa 2"
"Let try the 3-4".

Thig Lyfe 01-06-2010 07:29 PM

Jeezus. We need a ****in' blue balls smilie.

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

There is none. Doesn't mean you can't try. Their recipe for success worked. A lot of luck involved in NE though. As I've said before, I really wish the Chiefs could find their own way instead of copying everyone else.

HemiEd 01-06-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6416484)
At least we arent dragging our feet.

Crennel and Weis are huge upgrades to what we had in 2009, so we have that going for us.

Those are two huge upgrades, and the subtraction of Krumrie makes this a pretty exciting time. Add that to the fact that in the last year this team got rid of Herm and Gunther, things are really looking up.

keg in kc 01-06-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416572)
No, it's a pretty clear statement.

You can't treat football like it's alchemy. It's been proven over and over again.

You hire the best guys for the job. Period.

What you're suggesting is that they shouldn't hire a guy, regardless of how successful he's been at his job, because they've worked with him before, because they have a track record. Which is your perogative. But, again, I say you hire the best guy for the job. They've apparently decided that's Crennel. Decided that a year ago, probably.

If your only criteria for hiring a guy is "he can't have worked with NE, or Arizona, or Parcells, or whoever", then I fail to see how that's realistically any different than hiring a guy because he has. You're not looking at his merit as an individual candidate.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416612)
There is none. Doesn't mean you can't try. T

What's the definition of insanity again?

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416598)
Spoken like a true Chiefs fan.

"Let's try the WCO"
"Let's try Air Coryell"
"Let's try the Tampa 2"
"Let try the 3-4".

LMAO The entire league does this. The NFL IS a copycat league.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416616)
You hire the best guys for the job. Period.

What you're suggesting is that they shouldn't hire a guy, regardless of how successful he's been at his job, because they've worked with him before, because they have a track record. Which is your perogative. But, again, I say you hire the best guy for the job. They've apparently decided that's Crennel. Decided that a year ago, probably.

If your only criteria for hiring a guy is "he can't have worked with NE, or Arizona, or Parcells, or whoever", then I fail to see how that's realistically any different than hiring a guy because he has.

Because the guys that you've worked with in the past are axiomatically the best guy for the job in every case, and NFL history clearly points this out, based on how well the good ole boy network works when relocated without the exact same talent in place.

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416617)
What's the definition of insanity again?

See Schottenheimer, Marty.

HemiEd 01-06-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Exactly, if it works, do it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416623)
LMAO The entire league does this. The NFL IS a copycat league.

That's a sports radio cliche propagated to support people who can't maximize the talents of the players that they have.

The Cover 2 worked in Tampa because of the talents of the players, just like Air Coryell worked in St. Louis, the WCO worked in San Fran, and the 3-4 worked in Pitt.

Never, ever chase trends. It doesn't work in any sports.

Moneyball. Read it.

keg in kc 01-06-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416626)
Because the guys that you've worked with in the past are axiomatically the best guy for the job in every case, and NFL history clearly points this out, based on how well the good ole boy network works when relocated without the exact same talent in place.

So, again, you're suggesting that every hire from here on out should be someone they don't know, someone not associated with anyone they know, someone not recommended by anyone they know, and someone in no way connected to them or anybody in their network.

Better start scouring those pop warner sidelines.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416642)
So, again, you're suggesting that every hire from here on out should be someone they don't know, someone not associated with anyone they know, someone not recommended by anyone they know, and someone in no way connected to them or anybody in their network.

Better start scouring those pop warner sidelines.

No, that's a gross generalization propagated by someone whose argument is totally vapid.

Are there going to be cases where a guy you know is the best hire? Yes.

But explain to me how the guy you know is always the best hire.

Ebolapox 01-06-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 6416492)
No way, Romeo Crennel is only 12 letters and Charlie weis is only 11 letters. I just gotta think theres bigger names out there.

kurt and brian schottenheimer FTMFW

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416639)
That's a sports radio cliche propagated to support people who can't maximize the talents of the players that they have.

The Cover 2 worked in Tampa because of the talents of the players, just like Air Coryell worked in St. Louis, the WCO worked in San Fran, and the 3-4 worked in Pitt.

Moneyball. Read it.

I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying its they way things go in the NFL. "Anything you can do, I can do better!"

I'd LOVE for the Chiefs to hire some progressive up and coming guys from college. Its just not gonna happen. Unfortunately, we're stuck with this. Wash, rinse, repeat...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416657)
I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying its they way things go in the NFL. "Anything you can do, I can do better!"

I'd LOVE for the Chiefs to hire some progressive up and coming guys from college. Its just not gonna happen. Unfortunately, we're stuck with this. Wash, rinse, repeat...

It's the way things go in the NFL for losers.

Saccopoo 01-06-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Well, we could have hired Shanahan and had him install his son as offensive coordinator...

Or maybe Mangino. He's been pretty crafty as an offensive guy.

dirk digler 01-06-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Hamas who would you hire?

TheGuardian 01-06-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416639)

Moneyball. Read it.

Yup.

It's all about talent really. Which is why this team has been getting the same results for a few years now even though the coaching staff has been overhauled. Which is why I laugh at fans that put everything on coaches. You can call a perfect ****ing play and if the WR bobbles the ball, then now it's a "dumb ****" play to the average fan.

Heh. I can remember a game where my team was getting gashed off right tackle. So we shifted the whole defense over 1 shade and brought the sam down to pinch the edge. Result? Kept getting our ass kicked. The adjustment was correct, however their right tackle was just owning our end, and he'd peel off and smash the ****ing sams head in. If you had replaced the end with a guy who could anchor, it doesn't happen.

That's shit most fans don't understand. I still remember my dad asking me why in the hell didn't we give the end some help to stop them. All I could do was shake my head.

KC kid 01-06-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6416677)

This.

Just Passin' By 01-06-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Parcells and Belichick reuniting and taking the Patriots to a Super Bowl, even though they lost to the Packers, would seem to be a pretty good success story.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6416677)

Well, I never would have switched to the 3-4, because Glenn Dorsey is a much better player than Tyson Jackson will ever be.

But, if he abso-****ing-lutely had to stay with the 3-4, I'd want us to move away from this two-gap bend-but-don't-break bullshit, and get a guy that runs an attacking scheme, so that we can at least force mistakes and turnovers to mask the lack of talent.

I'd like to see us take a look at Reggie Herring. He has experience in a 3-4 and 4-3 defense. Also Mike Pettine of the Jets or our own Greg Manusky.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 6416692)
Parcells and Belichick reuniting and taking the Patriots to a Super Bowl, even though they lost to the Packers, would seem to be a pretty good success story.

Save for the part that they didn't actually win, and that Parcells has never won a playoff game w/o Belichick holding his hand on defense...

EyePod 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

And in GM. How crazy is it that Hunt is bringing in the big names. I love it. KC is finally a place good people want to go.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416698)
Well, I never would have switched to the 3-4, because Glenn Dorsey is a much better player than Tyson Jackson will ever be.

But, if he abso-****ing-lutely had to stay with the 3-4, I'd want us to move away from this two-gap bend-but-don't-break bullshit, and get a guy that runs an attacking scheme, so that we can at least force mistakes and turnovers to mask the lack of talent.

I'd like to see us take a look at Reggie Herring. He has experience in a 3-4 and 4-3 defense. Also Mike Pettine of the Jets or our own Greg Manusky.

Meh...I'll take the guy with 5 championship rings....

Saccopoo 01-06-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416657)

Who would those up and coming guys from college be?

And do you want a complete NFL rebuild job (which the Chiefs are at this point) to be handled by some unproven kid that's no older than the players?

Besides the fact that the transition from the college ranks to the pro ranks is usually a hard road. It always seems to work out better to get a guy that has been associated with the pro game versus some college coordinator somewhere.

No, I think for this situation, I'd like to have the young and up and coming coach, which we now have, surrounded by experienced coordinators that the players can trust and look to in terms of understanding and experience in what it takes to get to the top in this league.

The Bunk 01-06-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6416702)

I'll side with the Internet guy living in his mom's basement.

soundmind 01-06-2010 07:52 PM

If your balls are in a vice over this, what exactly would you suggest?

Should we just toss Haley and Pioli since they've known eachother a while now too? I'm sure we could get Matt Millen and Jim Zorn in here, I don't think they've worked together. Then we should hire the OC of Boise State (to design Zorn's trick plays), and then get our DC from a Korean soccer outfit (we'll play zero down lineman, its a new 7-4 look). Also, no one has neon blue uni's....we should look into those too.

I guarantee no one in the NFL has tried this combination and it's sure to be better than this experienced, accredited "good ol boys" crap.

We'll take the league by storm!

Just Passin' By 01-06-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416700)
Save for the part that they didn't actually win, and that Parcells has never won a playoff game w/o Belichick holding his hand on defense...

Right, so ignoring the fact that you're being asshole enough to demand a Super Bowl victory as proof of success, and ignoring that Parcells record on his own is irrelevant to your question, and ignoring that the Parcells/Belichick example undercuts your idiotic complaint....

Ignoring all that, you still have no real point at all.

EyePod 01-06-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

The worst part is that Pendergast is pretty good at setting up blitzes. The problem is he's bad with timing them. I mean, Arizona is one of the hardest teams to read now blitz-wise, and Pendergast was a huge part of putting that defense together. And teams that blitz well screw up an offense so much. Just look what Dallas did to Philly last week.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-06-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bunk (Post 6416707)

:spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6416702)

Yeah, like when Vermeil told the fans to STFU about Greg Robinson b/c he knew more than anyone else b/c he had two SB rings.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 6416709)
Right, so ignoring the fact that you're being asshole enough to demand a Super Bowl victory as proof of success, and ignoring that Parcells record on his own is irrelevant to your question, and ignoring that the Parcells/Belichick example undercuts your idiotic complaint....

Ignoring all that, you still have no real point at all.

So the point of playing in the NFL is to lose the Super Bowl.

Got it.

Must be why so many Chiefs fans talk about 1966 instead of 1969.

TheGuardian 01-06-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Glen Dorsey is not a 3-technique Warren Sapp type player. Just because they are built the same doesn't mean anything. you keep saying this. I watched every game he played at when he was at LSU and I never understood the Sapp comparisons. He's not as explosive and never has been. He is not a 4-3 under-tackle guy. There is a reason he had a really solid season this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bunk (Post 6416707)

Own my own house, there, champ.

MTG#10 01-06-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416700)

Dude Im trying to have some optimism for my team thats been breaking my heart for years and you're really bringing me down

Mr_Tomahawk 01-06-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416714)
Yeah, like when Vermeil told the fans to STFU about Greg Robinson b/c he knew more than anyone else b/c he had two SB rings.

Passing judgement on coaches with superbowl experience because of a sour experience with your own team...?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-06-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416721)
Own my own house, there, champ.

I didn't get that either...

wild1 01-06-2010 07:56 PM

The spastic bitching starts immediately... jeez. Why would you want to live your life that way?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6416720)
Glen Dorsey is not a 3-technique Warren Sapp type player. Just because they are built the same doesn't mean anything. you keep saying this. I watched every game he played at when he was at LSU and I never understood the Sapp comparisons. He's not as explosive and never has been. He is not a 4-3 under-tackle guy. There is a reason he had a really solid season this year.

I know that you keep saying that, and I disagree because I watched him play in college, I read the scouting reports, and I know what he's capable of.

The reason why he played well this year is because he's a phenomenally talented football player, and like Derrick Thomas, can be put in a scheme that minimizes his talents (a la, the Falcon) and still get results.

(I fully expect the reeruns on this board to now claim that I've said that Thomas=Dorsey)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6416723)
Passing judgement on coaches with superbowl experience because of a sour experience with your own team...?

Pointing out the fallacy of your line of argument.

Just Passin' By 01-06-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416717)
So the point of playing in the NFL is to lose the Super Bowl.

Got it.

Must be why so many Chiefs fans talk about 1966 instead of 1969.

I'm reasonably certain that the vast majority of sane Americans would consider taking a team to the Super Bowl just one year after a 6-10 finish to be a successful coaching job.

FAX 01-06-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 6416701)
And in GM. How crazy is it that Hunt is bringing in the big names. I love it. KC is finally a place good people want to go.

Pioli, Haley, Weis, & Crennel are a far cry from Peterson, Herm, Gailey, and Gunther.

The Patriots connection merely means that they already know they can work together. Heck, I could care less if these guys were Siamese twins separated at birth. It's a vastly improved staff.

FAX

dirk digler 01-06-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 6416745)
I'm reasonably certain that the vast majority of sane Americans would consider taking a team to the Super Bowl just one year after a 6-10 finish to be a successful coaching job.

The team was 10-6 the year before that, but don't let that get in the way.

Parcells is good at building playoff-caliber teams, but he's never won anything w/o Belichick.

When Belichick went out on his own, he achieved success.

Parcells' attempts to build the same team that he had in New York in the 80s with every other franchise has never worked, because he doesn't have Lawrence Taylor, Bill Belichick, Carl Banks, Phil Simms, etc.