ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Huffmeister 04-02-2012 12:17 PM

Huh, that's weird. I wonder if he's just mentioned somewhere in the book as the "eldest of Robert's brothers" or something like that, and I just interpreted Stannis as being the eldest Baratheon brother. Not that it really makes a difference at all.

Whoarethechefs 04-02-2012 03:36 PM

I always pictured Stannis looking exactly like Gerard Butler in 300, only with a receding hairline

Hawk 04-02-2012 04:10 PM

Really? I always pictured him as much thinner than that, not so pumped.

KcMizzou 04-02-2012 04:32 PM

Craster and his keep didn't look nearly as gnarly as I imagined.

NewChief 04-02-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8512270)
Craster and his keep didn't look nearly as gnarly as I imagined.

Agree about Craster. He was almost refined. I imagined him to be downright grotesque and crude and completely barbaric.

vailpass 04-02-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8512459)
Agree about Craster. He was almost refined. I imagined him to be downright grotesque and crude and completely barbaric.

Yes although the part where he was groping the ass of his daughter-wife was enough to make my wife call bullshit.

KChiefer 04-02-2012 08:38 PM

I'm seeing that episode 2 is hitting the "scene" already! :rockon:

Jawshco 04-02-2012 08:40 PM

You know I thought that the dude who plays Stannis was really great in the show Adams when he played Thomas Jefferson. That was a show I really liked, so I was actually stoked when I heard he was playing Stannis. I thought he did a decent job in the first episode.

Dude- Crasters house was DEAD ON! Loved it. And Dolorus Ed popped up for a line or two. Great start so far, but wow... this story is so huge. Following all these characters and stories at once is going to be insane.

My only down point was the Dany scenes. I wasn't digging the acting from any of them.

NewChief 04-02-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8513194)
You know I thought that the dude who plays Stannis was really great in the show Adams when he played Thomas Jefferson. That was a show I really liked, so I was actually stoked when I heard he was playing Stannis. I thought he did a decent job in the first episode.

Dude- Crasters house was DEAD ON! Loved it. And Dolorus Ed popped up for a line or two. Great start so far, but wow... this story is so huge. Following all these characters and stories at once is going to be insane.

My only down point was the Dany scenes. I wasn't digging the acting from any of them.

Agree on scope. I'm already feeling like I'm not spending enough time with the various stories. That is just going to get worse. Could make each episode 2 hours, and I'd be happy.

KcMizzou 04-02-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8513225)
Agree on scope. I'm already feeling like I'm not spending enough time with the various stories. That is just going to get worse. Could make each episode 2 hours, and I'd be happy.

Yeah. MOAR!!!

There's sooo much content. It's hard to fit a thousand pages into ten hours of television.

Jawshco 04-02-2012 10:18 PM

Erg... Episode two is already out there. Trying hard to resist watching it. Ha!

Huffmeister 04-03-2012 11:59 AM

I can't remember, was the Brotherhood Without Banners shown at all in Clash of Kings? Or did they mostly appear in Storm of Swords? I can't wait to see Thoros and Dondarrion.

Great Expectations 04-03-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8513848)
Yeah. MOAR!!!

There's sooo much content. It's hard to fit a thousand pages into ten hours of television.

100 pages an hour isn't bad, but there just isn't a lot of fluff to leave out like you have with normal books/written stories.

keg in kc 04-03-2012 01:48 PM

They're going to have to start stretching certain storylines over multiple seasons I think. Some events (RW...) make more sense toward the end of a season than they do near the middle.

Hawk 04-03-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8515313)
They're going to have to start stretching certain storylines over multiple seasons I think. Some events (RW...) make more sense toward the end of a season than they do near the middle.

Looks like the first episode was a huge ratings success! According to this link, and other stories I have read, it looks pretty certain that they are planning for book 3 to take two full seasons. With ratings like this, you have to think HBO will be on board!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...-ratings.jhtml