ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KCChiefsMan 03-29-2008 02:22 AM

movies I've seen recently:

30 Days of Night: Don't watch it...fooking stoopid

I Am Legend - didn't really care for it, but didn't hate it. I hated the ending, I knew he was gonna die otherwise why would the title be "I Am Legend" but they could have done better than that!

Into The Wild - I really liked it, I'm going to have to read the book now because that's a story I want to know in depth.

Donnie Darko - How did I miss this one, I saw it for the 1st time last week! Very good, I think I need to rewatch it. Seth Rogan was in a small part too (not that really made a difference, just cool to see present day "stars" in small parts back then)

American Gangster - This is a great movie! Not many movies with Denzell are bad

Saw 4 - eh, just another saw movie

We Own the night - solid, not great. Probably worth the watch

Eastern Promises - I liked where it was going, but then I fell asleep...oops

The Brave One- I really liked it, but I love vigilante movies!

I hardly ever go to the movies, I usually just wait for them to come out on DVD.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4655358)
I respectfully disagree.

I thought the movie was great and unlike most I think the ending really made this movie. I thought the fade to black was perfect. I think the part where he was at the old guys house with all the cats kind of prepared you for ending.

I really think that not on the movie but the ending was clever. Leaves alot of room for us to talk about it. Maybe that is what they was going for. I'd rather not watch a crazy shootout in the middle of town where the main man was gunned down just so i can better understand the ending..I'd rather set back with my thoughts on what happened.

This is definately one of those movies you'd want to watch again and look for details you may have missed (I know I did).

Yea, what was most disappointing to me is that except for that last 15 minutes, the rest of the movie was perfect. The acting, editing, cinematography, sound effects....absolutely brilliant.

Oh, and one more thing that pissed me off was the death of Llewelyn and the way it was filmed.. It was just so blah...so matter of fact....The dont even show him getting killed. It happens off screen...WTF????

Baby Lee 03-29-2008 05:19 PM

Guess they should have called it

No Movie for Old Farts

AMIRITE!!!!!!

;)

Seriously though, I'd posit that, as with EVERY FRICKEN Coen Bros' movie, your estimation will rise with time and repeated viewings.
When you're not gobsmacked by the diversion from expectations, and have time to digest what's going on, and revisit it, it'll rise in your esteem.

Like I've said, I was bitterly disappointed in The Big Lebowski the first time I saw it, didn't laugh hardly at all, was in no way attuned to the rhythm of the film. Since then it's become one of my all time favorites.

Similarly, I was mildly entertained by Blood Simple first viewing, yet and every time I rewatch it, the tightness of the writing and all the little intracacies reveal something new, and my respect for it grows.

Halfcan 03-29-2008 06:06 PM

Revolver-can anyone tell what the fug this movie was about??

Deberg_1990 03-29-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 4656168)
Guess they should have called it

No Movie for Old Farts

AMIRITE!!!!!!

;)

Seriously though, I'd posit that, as with EVERY FRICKEN Coen Bros' movie, your estimation will rise with time and repeated viewings.
When you're not gobsmacked by the diversion from expectations, and have time to digest what's going on, and revisit it, it'll rise in your esteem.

Like I've said, I was bitterly disappointed in The Big Lebowski the first time I saw it, didn't laugh hardly at all, was in no way attuned to the rhythm of the film. Since then it's become one of my all time favorites.

Similarly, I was mildly entertained by Blood Simple first viewing, yet and every time I rewatch it, the tightness of the writing and all the little intracacies reveal something new, and my respect for it grows.

OK, i thought of a few more things that bugged me about NCFOM. I know, i cant get this flick out of my head!! hahaha

Anyhow, that transponder tracker thingamajig, that Anton would use to find the money. Would it really have been that powerful to track down the money twice? Remember this flick is set around 1980 or so. Would Anton just have been so lucky to be driving close by the right hotels to put himself within tracking distance??

Wouldnt Anton have had practically the entire Texas law enforcement after him with as much killing as he did in this flick??

irishjayhawk 03-29-2008 11:43 PM

Anyone seen Persepolis?

Great film. Probably should have been in the running for Best Foreign (worst managed category at the Oscars - ever - year in and year out!).

GoTrav 03-30-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 4656270)
Revolver-can anyone tell what the fug this movie was about??

came here looking for the same thing...I need to watch it again. My best guess is a Usual Suspects spin...although, I didn't really get it...

Miles 03-30-2008 02:40 AM

I threw in "Sunshine" for my third time after getting back from the bars tonight. Still remains one of my favorites from last year and might be among the best home theater movies to date.

Bump 03-30-2008 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 4656883)
I threw in "Sunshine" for my third time after getting back from the bars tonight. Still remains one of my favorites from last year and might be among the best home theater movies to date.

definately a good flick!

Miles 03-30-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4656745)
Best Foreign (worst managed category at the Oscars - ever - year in and year out!).

No shit. Last year was the worst example with Pan's Labyrinth.

Adept Havelock 03-30-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 4656883)

I did like it, but thought the "Event Horizon" rehash was kind of weak.

I did think it was a beautifully filmed movie.

Fairplay 03-30-2008 10:37 PM

Went and seen 21. Was pleased with it. Decent movie throughout.

This will be a good DVD'er if you want to wait.

POND_OF_RED 04-04-2008 03:27 AM

I just finished watching Sweeney Todd and I absolutely loved it.

Frazod 04-04-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 4665810)

Thanks for reminding me - I want to pick that up this weekend.

The Franchise 04-04-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 4665810)

Damn good movie. Johnny Depp was awesome in it.