ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anybody in here do Jiu Jitsu? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319690)

srvy 12-19-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13971603)
I couldn't agree more. I hate that mother****er.

Probably better than 3/4 of Hollywood actors are asswipes. I dont know this Karate Kid what makes him such a mother****er?

Kiimo 12-19-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13971846)
Probably better than 3/4 of Hollywood actors are asswipes. I dont know this Karate Kid what makes him such a mother****er?

How many Hollywood actors do you know

srvy 12-19-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13971847)
How many Hollywood actors do you know

Zero

I consider myself fortunate.

DCTwister 12-19-2018 10:08 PM

I’ve trained BJJ for 8 years in DC. I’m mediocre but only train once or twice a week and I’m late 40s. I grew up in KC and trained Bushidokan Karate at Jim Hartley’s in the 1980s. Did all the tournaments for fun back in those days.

BJJ is great though, despite the simulated murder you get injured less. Case in point I badly pulled a quad doing squats at the gym today. Beats sitting around.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2018 10:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/DtfA2nz.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-19-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13971846)

The character is a sniveling, whiny bitch.

Also....

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/parks...uAwM57hFVr.gif

Flying High D 12-20-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13972072)

Thanks buddy oh boy oh boy, you just made me pee in me britches. Keep it up and I will go poo in me pants.

srvy 12-20-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13972083)
The character is a sniveling, whiny bitch.

Also....

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/parks...uAwM57hFVr.gif

Well ok then. Pretty much all child actors and actresses seem that way he probably needed to be AP'ed.

I remember the movie being pretty cheesy but Mr. Miyagi was ok in the thing.

Kiimo 12-20-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13971856)
Zero

I consider myself fortunate.

You shouldn't, not with that brain.

saphojunkie 12-20-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13971468)
I got my blue belt in college. Trained off and on here in kc at KCBJJ. Great group over there and getting better by the month it seems when I get the itch and pop in. Head guy Jason is great as well. I would recommend it. Life gets in the way for me I dont ever seem to have the time to devote to it. If you want to get any good at it you need to be training 3x a week. Any less and its a waste of your time and money. BJJ is fantastic for your health. But you could also argue its not lol, look at the black belts in bjj theyve all got shoulder, knee, wrist, finger problems lol fantastic sport though. really fun. Glad youre enjoying it. Are you located in KC?

I'm in Los Angeles, so it's a Mecca for top guys. I got my friend into it last month and then the little bastard was surprised to find Rickson teaching his seminar out of that gym for a week.

I'm a blue belt, go about 4-6 times a week. It's pretty much all I do for physical activity, unless I'm out of town or the gym is closed. Yes, it is excellent for both physical and mental health. Ironically, it fixed my rotator cuff injury I got playing basketball... then proceeded to beat the shit out of every other joint I have.

saphojunkie 12-20-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13971517)
I've been on and off since 2003. I was fortunate enough to train in SD when it was the best place in the world to learn. I've learned under some of the best teachers in the world: Dean Lister, Tyrone Glover, Mike Fowler, Barret Yoshida, Saulo and Xande Ribeiro. I ranked up to Purple and life got in the way when I took an opportunity in San Francisco. There are really good schools up here but they cost waaay too much for me to justify only being able to go 1-2x a week due to adulting. Most of the guys I started with are now striped black belts. I still have books and books of notes with flow charts from different positions and the daily step-by-step lessons I took when I was in class. If anyone is looking to get better I highly recommend bringing a note pad and pencil to class or, if the teacher lets you, take videos of the lessons and watch them when you're not training.

My first foray into really trying to understand was Saulo's book. Xande has a school in LA now, which I'd love to stop in at sometime, if even just to pay respect to the Ribieros. I train under Chris Lisciandro. It's Renato Magno's gym, who is out of Rigan Machado and Carlos Gracie, Jr.

Training with Dean Lister is dope as hell.

How much is Ralph Gracie? I mean, isn't Kurt Osiander everyone's reason to go train there?

OKchiefs 12-21-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13973325)
My first foray into really trying to understand was Saulo's book. Xande has a school in LA now, which I'd love to stop in at sometime, if even just to pay respect to the Ribieros. I train under Chris Lisciandro. It's Renato Magno's gym, who is out of Rigan Machado and Carlos Gracie, Jr.

Training with Dean Lister is dope as hell.

How much is Ralph Gracie? I mean, isn't Kurt Osiander everyone's reason to go train there?

Ralph Gracie might be teaching BJJ in prison here pretty soon.

saphojunkie 12-21-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13975026)
Ralph Gracie might be teaching BJJ in prison here pretty soon.

I just watched that video - love that an elite BJJ guy goes for a sucker punch. Also, I guess Kurt Osiander got fired.

Flying High D 12-21-2018 12:54 PM

Bring him for a look.

saphojunkie 12-21-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13975141)
Bring him for a look.

Right before he sacks Derek Carr "You ****ed up a long time ago, bro."