ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Romo rumor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305387)

MahiMike 01-20-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12698850)
Which is why you could trade a mcdouble for him after he agrees to restructure.

Look everybody I know the history and the hate regarding other people's retreads but the fact is the NFL is a pass happy popularity contest now and Tony Romo is a f****** prom king...
Dude is a prime cut of prime time material, and I would bet the NFL would love him in facing off against Brady in the AFCCG.
I don't buy Andy Reid sticking with Smith, I just don't. Not after what he did to Donovan McNabb his hand-picked first round draft pick who he went to hell and back with that he kicked to the curb the first chance he thought he had something better.
Of course he's going to praise Smith and say he can win with him because he might have to try to do just that if he can't find a better option but you know he sees what we see he's got a feel like it's making him look bad.

Well, it would be like when Montana came here. We'd at least be news worthy. I wouldn't have to tape 4 hrs of programming and fast forward to 60 seconds of Chiefs news...

CapsLockKey 01-20-2017 05:08 PM

Before I wanted no part of Romo, but after seeing how the NFL machine works I say go for it. Having Romo on the team would instantly make the Chiefs a national media darling and get them penciled in for next year's SB regardless of what he actually brings to the team on the field.

Chief Pagan 01-20-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12698938)
i say sign him and let alex smith sit behind him for a year or two to get used to the NFL style of football :D

I say sign him. Let Alex Smith get us into the playoffs and then hope Romo can last 3 or 4 post-season games without getting injured.

NJChiefsFan 01-20-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12699025)
It seems like most people missed it

:deevee:

I enjoyed it but was late to the party.

Coochie liquor 01-20-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 12699451)
I say sign him. Let Alex Smith get us into the playoffs and then hope Romo can last 3 or 4 post-season games without getting injured.

How many playoff games has Romo won up to this point? To think he comes into this snakebit franchise, and does something he's barely done in his career..... in Kansas City?? ROFL

Urc Burry 01-20-2017 06:17 PM

My dream scenario would be to trade Alex to a team like the jets. It makes a lot of sense for them. They have a decent roster, and need a stop gap. Smith's contract is very team friendly. With his contract and age I think he brings more trade compensation then Romo. Hope Romo is cut, and draft Mahomes/Watson in the first

It has a 0% chance of happening, but is fun to think about

Nickhead 01-20-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12699504)
My dream scenario would be to trade Alex to a team like the jets. It makes a lot of sense for them. They have a decent roster, and need a stop gap. Smith's contract is very team friendly. With his contract and age I think he brings more trade compensation then Romo. Hope Romo is cut, and draft Mahomes/Watson in the first

i think he should be traded to cleveland personally. they will fall for anything ROFL

Valiant 01-20-2017 06:37 PM

Only the chiefs would be dumb enough to trade a 1st for him.

alpha_omega 01-20-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12699219)
..... Yeah, he might get hurt. MIGHT. He might not. If he can stay healthy, we have arguably the best roster in football.

That's all true but I haven't seen anything that says that he won't. Pass.

mdchiefsfan 01-20-2017 07:11 PM

I'd laugh my ass off if we managed to pick up Romo, only for the Chiefs to have him back up Smith and drop Foles.

This place would melt DOWN!!

KCCHIEFS27 01-20-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12698767)
I predict 5+ more threads on this rumor subject matter before FA hits.

I'll start one tomorrow

eDave 01-20-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12699565)
I'd laugh my ass off if we managed to pick up Romo, only for the Chiefs to have him back up Smith and drop Foles.

This place would melt DOWN!!

Holy shit. Keep those thoughts to yourself.

MahiMike 01-20-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12699504)

This is what no one is talking about. Trading Alex. Why wouldn't a QB needy team take a proven winner? Trade him for a top 10 pick and get our coin flip QB.

KCCHIEFS27 01-20-2017 07:31 PM

Plus, why would we waste our time on Romo? There is a QB out there that can run the read tion and it would take a lot less to get him. Probably a residency at the MGM during the offseasons to make it happen. Boom. Problem solved!

rabblerouser 01-20-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12698717)
Gotta ask what do you guys think? There are strong rumors we are interested. I would love it if we got AJ MCCaron from Bengals.

What do you guys think

Yay!! Another overrated overpriced broke dick that's never won a ****ing thing in his entire career!

nlm:whackit::dom::nosmilie::facepalm::banghead: