ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311616)

RealSNR 04-13-2018 01:29 PM

McCarthy wasn't the worst thing last year. Why in the world didn't we do this earlier?

I mean, come on. Did we really lose anything in that trade to the Padres? We gave them crap in Travis Wood, and they gave us crap right back in Maurer. Why not just accept it as crap-for-crap and get rid of the crap?

tk13 04-13-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13515406)
McCarthy wasn't the worst thing last year. Why in the world didn't we do this earlier?

I mean, come on. Did we really lose anything in that trade to the Padres? We gave them crap in Travis Wood, and they gave us crap right back in Maurer. Why not just accept it as crap-for-crap and get rid of the crap?

Matt Strahm.

siberian khatru 04-13-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 13515528)
Matt Strahm.

Esteury Ruiz

Prison Bitch 06-20-2018 11:35 AM

Hey DJ Nuts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13327707)
Rubbish^

Take away his 2015 season and re-check the numbers. He's been very good but not even close to HoF. His career OPS+ is 140, but without 2015 it's 126. That's really good but HoF? Not even close bro.

Here's his top BBRef comp: JD Martinez. Here's his top "thru age 24" sim score: Andruw Jones. (Of his top 10 only 3 made the Hall: Robinson Aaron Griffey. Ruben Sierra and Justin Upton made it)

His last two years he's (1) farted out a piddly 814 OPS in 628 PA, and then he (2) follows up by only playing 111 games.

Harper's 2015 is a sever outlier. I said he was the new Mantle, and better than Trout long term. And I was flat wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13327810)
Oh, I mean if you remove a guy's best season through his early 20's and he's only 26% better than a league average hitter, he's clearly not worth the trouble.

I'm sure as he enters the first year of his prime, he's not going to improve any.

I mean shit man, how disengenuous can you be. "Only 3 of the top 10 made the hall..."

His top 10 - Andruw Jones, who will get close to the Hall but probably not make it due to his bizarre Dale Murphy sort of collapse. Frank Robinson - uh, he's not bad. Upton - a very good player who never approached peak Harper even as he damn near won an MVP at 23. Giancarlo Stanton - if he stays healthy he's hitting 600+ bombs and he'll go in; he's demonstrating clear HoF skills. Sierra - that one admittedly surprises me. Juan Gonzalez - his steroid fueled numbers are what puts him at the level of Harper in his early 20s and if he'd have stayed on the juice he'd have gone in; dude was a monster. do you just not remember the perennial triple crown threat he was on roids? Hank Aaron, Miguel Cabrera, Ken Griffey Jr and Mike Trout. Um...yeah, that's not bad company.

So 4 of them are still active, 3 of them on clear HoF tracks and the 4th is damn good in his own right. One of them was a steroid fueled freak, another suffered one of the more obvious late-career collapses in MLB history. The others are among the best players in baseball history.

You got Ruben Sierra though, I'll give you that.

Harper is a damn monster. He's had 2 seasons with an OPS over 1.000 by 24 years old and his 2016 season was on track to be as good as his '15 (and '17) seasons but/for his shoulder injury. Look at his splits before he got hurt that year. But yeah, he stepped on a wet bag wrong and his damn knee almost exploded in '17 so clearly he's just some flash in the pan.

Seriously, this is almost as stupid as your Arenado idiocy (very little is as stupid as your Arenado idiocy). You just don't know ****-all about National League baseball, do you?

Bryce Harper playing his way out of $400M deal

Harper is now hitting .217/.355/.479 and ranks 53rd out of 159 qualified hitters in wOBA. Look, it has hardly been a disaster of a season. He still leads the National League with 19 home runs, is second in the majors to Mike Trout in walks and is on pace for 98 runs and 102 RBIs.

Nonetheless, $400 million ballplayers sohouldn't hit .217. And remember, this is all after a blazing start in which he hit .315 with eight home runs in his first 17 games. Since then, over two months, he has hit .188/.308/.392.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...llion-contract

suzzer99 06-28-2018 02:36 PM

Bring him in for a look?