ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving Mock (11/22) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319028)

Tchoupitoulas 11-23-2018 05:38 PM

Isabella would be sick on this team, but he will be gone by early 3rd and there are too many needs on d with those 2nd rounders. On the other hand he would probably be rookie of the year, so smart at adjusting routes.

BryanBusby 11-23-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13911109)
Lindstrom is a stud. That said, I think there's enough talent in-house right now that the Chiefs don't have to go Round 1 on a lineman. If they do, I'd prefer it to be at OC. The one guy that would give me serious pause and consideration is Dalton Risner. He could play OC, OG, or RT in the league. I think he ends up a Viking though. I wouldn't be opposed to it, as I'm all for protecting Pat. I'd prefer Wylie at LG and LDT at RG as the starters next year. For some reason, the Chiefs love them some Erving though. He's improved, but he still has his lapses.

I like the West Virginia OT. Think he could play Guard for a bit and eventually replace Fisher, where they could stand to upgrade.

kccrow 11-23-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13911156)
I like the West Virginia OT. Think he could play Guard for a bit and eventually replace Fisher, where they could stand to upgrade.

Thoughts on Washington's RT Kaleb McGary? I see him as a solid 3rd round type that could play G or RT in the NFL. Schwartz is a FA before Fisher and will be 31 at that time.

kccrow 11-23-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas (Post 13911123)
Isabella would be sick on this team, but he will be gone by early 3rd and there are too many needs on d with those 2nd rounders. On the other hand he would probably be rookie of the year, so smart at adjusting routes.

Yeah, I've had my thoughts about that. He's literally not on people's draft boards at this point but I think he could be an end of 2 guy. Bill Belicheat is going to be salivating over this kid. He's a faster Julian Edelman. I'd pay that price to keep this offense absolutely lethal.

BryanBusby 11-24-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13911169)
Thoughts on Washington's RT Kaleb McGary? I see him as a solid 3rd round type that could play G or RT in the NFL. Schwartz is a FA before Fisher and will be 31 at that time.

Probably better suited for a team like the Steelers. I think Schwartz will get a 2nd contract for the Chiefs. Has been a reliable guy.

kccrow 11-24-2018 01:41 PM

Does anyone have thoughts on if you think the Chiefs could get Seattle's 1st for Dee Ford in a tag and trade scenario? Right now they are sitting at the 19th pick.

RunKC 11-24-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13911823)
Does anyone have thoughts on if you think the Chiefs could get Seattle's 1st for Dee Ford in a tag and trade scenario? Right now they are sitting at the 19th pick.

I would keep Ford next year. The franchise tag is only around $15 million and our best shot to win a championship is the next 3 years (counting this one).

Can’t see the upside to trading such a valuable asset like Ford in our best window when he’s cheap on the tag.

kccrow 11-24-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13911889)
I would keep Ford next year. The franchise tag is only around $15 million and our best shot to win a championship is the next 3 years (counting this one).

Can’t see the upside to trading such a valuable asset like Ford in our best window when he’s cheap on the tag.

My argument for doing it would be that you put yourself in range for a guy like Jeffery Simmons or Jerry Tillery for the DI and then you could add a guy like Sweat towards the end of the 1st and completely transform that front.

Buehler445 11-26-2018 01:01 AM

So Scandrick and Nelson who are our 2 outside guys are gone, so youre rolling with Fuller and Boyd outside and Gaines in the slot? Do I have that right?

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2018 01:53 AM

Another thing to consider is how the Chiefs value versatility and Kentucky's Josh Allen can play OLB and ILB positions if KC decides to trade up in the top 15 he could be an option.

kccrow 11-26-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13914277)
So Scandrick and Nelson who are our 2 outside guys are gone, so youre rolling with Fuller and Boyd outside and Gaines in the slot? Do I have that right?

I more or less typo'd... but my thought is to have Fuller and Boyd outside on base downs then when things move to the nickel you put Gaines outside with Boyd and move Fuller into the slot.

kccrow 11-26-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13914294)
Another thing to consider is how the Chiefs value versatility and Kentucky's Josh Allen can play OLB and ILB positions if KC decides to trade up in the top 15 he could be an option.

I think Allen is going top 10 and maybe top 7 or 8. He's transformed into a much better player this year than he was last year and he was good last year.

DJ's left nut 11-26-2018 09:48 PM

You want to give Tre Boston how much?!?!

No. ****ing. Way.

DJ's left nut 11-26-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13911823)

Absolutely. I don't think there's a chance in hell we could pull that off.

Would do so immediately. Draft capital is critical to us keeping Hill, Jones and Fuller long-term.

That and not setting $30 million on fire for a one-dimensional safety who has had little to no impact on his present team and who's former team hasnt missed him at all...

kccrow 11-27-2018 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13915813)
You want to give Tre Boston how much?!?!

No. ****ing. Way.

Have you honestly watched him play the past two seasons? One dimensional? Kid has been one of the top 3 FSs in the league the past two years. I'm not sure how you can claim this, at all really.